PDA

View Full Version : I made a little try..

Safira
June 14th, 2011, 09:28 AM
A couple of days ago I started a little experiment with my hair. You know, my family is more or less terrified and amazed how much stuff (oils, honey, coconut milk, bananas, conditioner etc) I use in my hair. They go on nagging that my hair will fall and it´s useless to add honey, oil and coconut milk with conditioner. :justy:

So, I gave a chance to silicones and styling products. I actually made a clarifying wash to make sure that all the oils and good stuff are away at my hair and used silicone-based conditioner, leave-in, styling products (yes, I do have them, and I haven´t use them ever. I don´t need to, or I do, but I don´t want to) and then I made my best and yep:

Result was that my poor hair didn´t feel good at all. It was dry, even though the styling products have no alcohol. It was tangled like never before. Was that only because I don´t know how to use styling products or..? My curls were gone. My hair texture seemed different. :shrug:

(I actually washed my hands all over again to get all the styling products away at my hand!!)

Next morning I tried to comb my hair. It didn´t work and I had to add more styling products (Tigi Small Talk and After Party)
The whole day I was confused how my hair didn´t move at all, it didn´t feel my hair at all. And I´m sure I didn´t use too much those products, I was too scared to put them in my hair.

Today I had enough. I washed again, with clarifying shampoo again and made a mix with avocado-oil, coconut butter, olive oil, honey and conditioner. :stirpot:
I left it on for two hours and then washed away with conditioner. Then I left some conditioner for an hour and washed my hair again.
I left leave-in and oil.

My hair is back again :bounce:
It´s soft, shiny, bouncy and smooth. I´m never gonna try that silicone overose again. It just doesen´t fit me, I actually didn´t know how to handle my hair with all those cones. This is good for me. Some people love all those styling products and can´t live without them, I love my oils and honeys and wont´switch them, never.

Lesson learned, so did my family, they even said that my hair seems and feels much better with oils, honey and all the weirdness they have been nagging about. :pinktongue:

BroadwayBeauty
June 14th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Wow, what an experiment! My family nags and teases some too, so I know how that goes :) I'm sorry you had to go through such an awful time to get the point across, but at least your family understands some now and your hair's back to normal!

carmenvanessa
June 14th, 2011, 09:54 AM
funny, I was at the store yesterday staring at ingredients lists on hair products and my husband says "don't you have enough hair stuff?"
baby, I'm just getting started!

tinti
June 14th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Awww, too bad you have to go through that! But at least you (and your family) knows that you're doing what's right for your hair now :)

spidermom
June 14th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Well, you know - it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I use both natural products like coconut oil AND a coney serum in my routine (but cone-free shampoo and conditioner, sometimes with sulfates, sometimes not). There are no absolutes. Good for you finding what works best for you.

Safira
June 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Awww, too bad you have to go through that! But at least you (and your family) knows that you're doing what's right for your hair now :)

Iīm glad that I tried that, because now my family canīt say a thing to my little hobby :eyebrows:

Safira
June 14th, 2011, 11:00 AM
funny, I was at the store yesterday staring at ingredients lists on hair products and my husband says "don't you have enough hair stuff?"
baby, I'm just getting started!

No.... Did he say so? Well, hair has different kind of needs, my answer to my darling, who is amazed (sometimes I think that he gets amazed very quickly). But itīs clear: you donīt always want to eat fish, sometimes you want meat, or vegetables, sometimes youīre not hungry at all. And donīt you want to be warm when itīs winter, and at summers safe against UV? ;)

But seriously, I went through a lot, lot of products when I tried to found out what my hair needs. And Iīm still on that road..

Safira
June 14th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Well, you know - it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I use both natural products like coconut oil AND a coney serum in my routine (but cone-free shampoo and conditioner, sometimes with sulfates, sometimes not). There are no absolutes. Good for you finding what works best for you.

I believe that something works to some, and something works to some. I did my experiment because I wanted to know if my hair feels better with coney products, but it didnīt work. I used to put coney serum to my ends, and did that couple of months.

Well, with my splits it didnīt work, but oils donīt do a miracle either. Only difference is how my hair feels: somehow my hair responds with oils much better.

Iīm not against cones, absolutely not. I think that cones are good for hair, if hair splits or get tangled. Everyone does how itīs good for your hair. Here in LHC are many wise people who knows so much about hair and hair wellness. So, we all do what our hair needs and loves. :flowers: