PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Curly Girl routine with shampoo bars?

Gilly
June 14th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Hi,

I am trying to go CG but I have just got back into using CV shampoo bars (which my hair is LOVING!) I know that I need to be more gentle with my hair when I am shampooing but I am struggling to figure out how I can be more gentle while using a shampoo bar. I normally smoosh the bar on my head and work the lather in but CG says that you should get your shampoo on your fingertips and gently work your way through your scalp with them.
I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me how to do it!

celebriangel
June 14th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I think you can safely modify the CG method as you like. It is useful advice, not a bible. Different things will work for everyone. If shampoo bars are working for you, wonderful! Keep using them.

The gentlest method I have heard for using them is to hold the bar in your hand and run it over your scalp and down your hair as if you were combing your hair with it. Do this several times until there is enough soap on your hair. Then add a little water and gently use your fingertips to coax your hair into a lather. As long as you are gentle with this, I can see no way this handling would cause problems with your curls.

Gabriel
June 14th, 2011, 04:54 AM
I agree with celebriangel. I used a shampoo bar with success with the CG method. I don't smoosh the bar on my head (hehe) but just quickly and gently work it through till it lathers in the direction of hair growth, and then I use the pads of my fingers to get lather on my scalp.

Mariacus9
June 14th, 2011, 05:04 AM
I would think rubbing it into your hands first would be the best method. Your fingers are the gentlest comb you can use, plus you can break up any knots you might have while your in the shower

Aredhel77
June 14th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Whenever I've used shampoo bars I've just stroked them over my wet scalp before lathering it and working the lather through the lengths