PDA

View Full Version : Cone free conditioners?

Kristamommyx3
June 13th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Could someone please give me the names of some good cone-free conditioners? TIA
:D. (it's for my sister who has wavy fragile hair with very dry ends that tend to break off at shoulder length... I'm trying to help her start her long hair journey)

xoerincolleen
June 13th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I like Suave Naturals, especially Tropical Coconut! VO5 is supposed to have some pretty good ones too.

rocket_surgeon
June 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Garnier has two 'cone free lines - Triple Nutrition and Pure Clean. They're inexpensive and readily available in most places, and Triple Nutrition is a pretty popular 'cone-free conventional haircare product around here.

Firefly
June 13th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Samy Esencia is one that I like. I use the White Lotus.

silverstars
June 13th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I really like the VO5 ones.

vanillabones
June 13th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I like the v05 and treseme naturals... but if her hair is super damaged (like mine) she may need to stick with the cones hehe...

MissManda
June 13th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I'm also a fan of Suave Naturals. The Tropical Coconut is moisturizing and I highly recommend it if the smell doesn't bother you. The Strawberry is also pretty nice, too. I prefer the thicker texture of Suave compared to V05. There isn't anything wrong with V05, of course, but I don't think my hair feels as nice as when I use Suave.

If you can get to a Dollar Tree, be sure to check out Tame Conditioning Cream Rinse in the screaming pink bottle. It is my favorite conditioner so far and it has a similar texture to Suave.

Heatherzilla
June 13th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I'm a huge fan of the ones made by Sukin. They're very gentle on my hair and make it feel really nice. =]

They're an Australian brand though and I have no idea if they're sold anywhere else. They are seriously yummy if you can get your hands on them though.

Flaxen
June 13th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Check out the "Useful links" sticky at the top of every board. Inside you'll find links to the 'cone free list as well as the sulfate free shampoo list, and lots of other good stuff. :grin:

Anje
June 13th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I like Suave Naturals too, but anything but the Tropical Coconut! My hair hates the protein it contains. Fortunately for me, it's the only Suave flavor I know of that has protein.

Nothing wrong with VO5, but I also prefer the thicker texture of Suave. And not having to scan the ingredients lists for protein, which is a lot more prevalent in the VO5 products.

WittyWordsmith
June 13th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Right now I'm washing with the Dollar Tree's Silkience Conditioner, then following up with Suave Naturals leave-in. Silkience is a bit like Tame, but not quite as creamy.

I like V05 to wash with as well. I love the scent selection they have and how squeeeeeaky clean they leave me. But Suave is my favorite overall because I love the texture better, it just seems more luxurious for my strands.

Haven't yet tried Triple Nutrition or Tresemme Naturals. They're on my wish-list though!

|Xei
June 13th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I have very fine hair (colour-treated), and I like using Garnier Triple Nutrition, Tresemme Naturals, and Biolage Delicate Care the most.

gthlvrmx
June 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Could someone please give me the names of some good cone-free conditioners? TIA
:D. (it's for my sister who has wavy fragile hair with very dry ends that tend to break off at shoulder length... I'm trying to help her start her long hair journey)
Ocean Breeze, Triple Nutrition, Wild Cherry Blossom (im betting the naturals line of suave)
Do you happen to know why they break off? It may help fixing that problem.

Mina17
June 14th, 2011, 06:51 AM
I like the V05 conditioners for CO washing followed by Sally's version of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm or Garnier Triple Nutrition.

Kristamommyx3
June 14th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I'm guessing because she's never learned how to be gentle with her hair. It's very different from mine, and I'd bet a bucket of money she's using products that her finicky hair hates. I've sent her out to get SLS free shampoo, taught her to shampoo only the roots and to protect the length with conditioner. She's also started skipping a day washing her hair, which is going to help her.I'm hoping eventually she'll go three days. I feel bad for her and want to help her find her ideal haircare routine, so she can finally have the long hair she's always wanted.

tinti
June 14th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Bodyshop has a cone and sulfate free line that's called Rainforest. I have the Rainforest Shine poo and condish, and I love them :)

jojo
June 14th, 2011, 07:57 AM
tigi moisture maniac is my favorite and close second tresseme natural the moisture one

Ashenputtel
June 14th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I love suave naturals. I've used ocean breeze, tropical coconut and strawberry. Ocean breeze is my favorite. Strawberry is good as my first C

QueenJoey
June 14th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I use VO5. So many great scents and I get mine for a buck!

Keepitgrowing29
June 14th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I've just started using Nature's gate Herbal conditioner. It provides me with enough slip, to detangle, and it smells delightful. It cost me about six dollars.

curlsgalore
June 14th, 2011, 09:55 AM
For co-washing I like

Suave (any flavor)
Vo5 (any flavor)
Sally's salon care honey almond (gallon is $8)
Tresseme naturals

For a thicker conditioner, I love

Sally's GVP conditioning balm (generic for biolage)
Yes to Cucumbers
Yes to Tomatoes
Sally's Biotera volumizing conditioner
Garnier Fructis sleek and shine

I use any one of thicker conditioners as a leave-in as well. :)

Safira
June 14th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I love Giovanni Smooth as Silk and 50:50. One good conditioner is also Triple Nutrition.