PDA

View Full Version : How should I do my hair for my birthday? (too many possibilities!)

Lunnafindel
June 13th, 2011, 08:04 AM
My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm on summer vacation, so I have time to do whatever I want. I'm pretty good with updos and braiding, so anything is possible...soooo what should I do?
What's your favorite updo/hairstyle? What have you always wanted to do but never had time for? (the more complex the better) My album is here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5462) - should I recreate something from there? Who does an updo you love and want to see again?
Ideas please!

ladyfey
June 13th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I've always liked (and haven't had time to try) the X's and O's hair style. I think it is in the hairstyle section here at LHC. Happy Birthday!

Knotted
June 13th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Happy Birthday! :D I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow!

Your hair is gorgeous! I love all your hairstyles! One of my favourites was Rapunzel's mom's hair.

bunzfan
June 13th, 2011, 08:21 AM
A French rope braid would look so pretty! i haven't mastered that one yet.

Xandergrammy
June 13th, 2011, 08:33 AM
If I were you, I'd check out the hairstyles that arc691 does. They are gorgeous and would be fun to try if you had the time and energy. Happy Birthday!

Braidy
June 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I vote the X-O braid or the Arwen hairstyle from your album. Both very pretty :)

pepperminttea
June 13th, 2011, 11:08 AM
How would you feel about wearing your hair partly down (as a way of celebrating)? :) Seeing as you're a kickass braider, I'd go with a Dutch cascading crown braid (http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braid_examples/braid_examples_crowns.htm) - you could always put a few accent braids in too seeing as you've got the time, maybe even some ribbons. :D

Peggy E.
June 13th, 2011, 11:18 AM
OMG!!!! The top of my head has just blown off, but maybe I can still give an opinion with the little bit that's left of my brain....

The "Hair Style for Visiting Boyfriend" is so lovely and elegant, so wonderful for a celebration, yet still has a slight casual feel about it as you get more of a hint at the length of the hair.

And that "Came in a Dream" is just flat-out amazing! Why don't I ever have dreams like that? Like I could engineer such a style, even if I did dream it up....

Enjoy your day and celebrate to beat the band - no matter how you wear your hair, it's going to be the star of the show!

Lunnafindel
June 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Ooh, I like the Cascading Crown Braid! I think I'll be moving about most of the day though, so I don't think it'll be practical to have my hair down. Another special occasion, though, definitely. And the others are good suggestions too...oh no, maybe this is making the decision process worse! :uhh:

Venefica
June 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Happy Birthday. All your braids and buns are so beautiful, however I like this one http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5462&pictureid=76008

For me it is not so much what I have time to do as what I am able to do, I mostly stick with braided Chinese buns.

Alvrodul
June 13th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Oooo - I really like the style that came in a dream :crush: - is that one simply an English braid that has been pinned into that shape? I must say that your album is inspirational - and my own birthday isn't far off either! :D