PDA

View Full Version : 1 month anniversary!

theodora
June 12th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone! Today is my 1 month anniversary, as I joined on 12th May. Just measured my hair and it is 23 inches! I have achieved my 2 inches this month! I have been drinking 2 cups of redbush everyday (aside from a few days where I was travelling) and doing the redbush scalp spray (again most days, but not really so much in the last week because of travelling to scotland.

I can't take a picture yet as my hair is still semi-wet (I just rinsed my henna gloss). But I will take pictures tomorrow to show the length and the new colour.

Also, to congratulate myself on my progress (and how well my talk went in scotland) I am going to buy the ravenslair fork I've been eyeing for a few days tomorrow! Woop woop :cheese:

Rocket22
June 12th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!! Are you saying you have gained 2" in one month????? is that possible and is that normal for you or is it the Redbush? Man that would be awesome I will have to check into that :)

QueenJoey
June 12th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Congrats to you and LHC! You made it! haha, my one month anniversary is in 10 days. Almost there!

shawty
June 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
:bigeyes: OMG i'm starting redbush TODAY!

jojo
June 12th, 2011, 05:38 PM
well done the rooibo is working, I got 1/2" in 2 weeks not as impressive as your 2" but its progress!

Mesmerise
June 12th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Hmm I have been drinking Rooibos tea but not sure it's having that much effect on me ;). Maybe I should start drinking more and applying it topically!

tinti
June 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Omg, 2 inches? 2,54 cms? I'm starting rooibos ASAP!! Congrats on one month :D

IanB
June 13th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Wow, as the average is 1/2" per month, that kind of growth is amazing

theodora
June 13th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hey guys!
I have quite a good growth usually, as I tend to average 1 inch to maybe 1 and 1/2 on a very good month. However I have often issues with breakage and split-ends (from bleach damage) which tend to make the growth less noticeable.
So I think here it is a case of combining the redbush both orally and topically plus better care of my ends which has taken me beyond my usual growth rate.

I know this is pretty amazing so I'm trying not to have too high expectations for next month as this could very well stall, but I'm hoping that I will keep growing at least 1 inch a month throughout the summer.

All I'm gonna say is: GO REDBUSH!

pixiestar
June 13th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary and amazing growth:D
Can't wait to see hair pics:D

bunzfan
June 13th, 2011, 08:19 AM
That's great news....guess i might start drinking that Rooibos tea that's in the cupboard:D

missoj
June 23rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Congrats on the growth :) just wanted to add my 2 cents but rooibos (a.k.a. Redbush) is healthier than normal tea and is also good for your skin, so its really worth it if you start drinking as it won't only benefit your hair growth. I haven't had any for a while now.

Garnet66
June 23rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Congrats on your anniversary and getting such great growth. Getting just 1" a month would be a dream for me. Two inches in a month is amazing to me.

firefly42
June 23rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
wow, i'll have to start brewing and drinking rooibos again...i just found it annoying bc i drink it looseleaf and the particles are so tiny they fell through my filter...for hair growth though it'll be worth it!

gthlvrmx
June 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
Rooibos here i go! :) Congratulations, you'll be at waist in no time!

Ligeia_13
June 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
2 inches? What is this magical redbush you speak of? :D

shawty
September 24th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Okay! Like the OP in her comment, I'm going to tell you my results in comparison to normal growth rate:

3/4 inch in 21 days, as opposed to my usual 1/2 inch in 30 days. ^_^

note: i used this in combination with a daily scalp massage, so either one could have been responsible.
here's my technique: when i finish drinking the tea, i part my hair in lots of thin rows and dab the teabag on the parts one by one. i didn't do it everyday out of the 21, but most days (14-15 maybe).
we'll see if this magic continues.