PDA

View Full Version : Am I being paranoid here?

Venefica
June 12th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I am a little worried because I have been shedding quite a bit the last month. I have eczema in my scalp which hurt when I put my hair up or braid it, however the hair still look as healthy as before and it have the same ponytail circumference as before.

I have had these bouts of eczema every now and again since I was a child and they do not in themselves seam to affect my hair, though I am having them treated. However should I be worried about the shedding or is it just my mind playing tricks on me and me being paranoid as the shedding is not really that much, just a bit more than normal. My mother says not to worry that everyone have periods with a bit more shedding and that it will pass.

Kumiko033
June 12th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Just be carefull with your hair, no tight hairstyles best would be to just leave it in a braid. Other then that wouldn't wash your hair too much, no harsh products and keep your eye on it, tell your mother honestly that you're scared and maybe go to the dokter again that he could maybe give an extra shampoo treatment.
Best of luck, don't freak out, if hair falls out because of eczema it will grow back it's not permanently gone.

IanB
June 12th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I think the average loss is around 100 hair a day. When your hair is longer, it can look like much more.

Venefica
June 12th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the replies. I do not think it is more than 100 hairs a day, but I still notice an increase. I have gotten shampoo for the rash from the doctor, some foul smelling orange goop, I hope that will clean it up.