PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the UK!

Arrow
June 12th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm Arianwynn -- Arrow -- and I'm new... but you guessed that already ;0) I found these boards through watching Torrin Paige's YouTube tutorials and it's great to find others who like long hair. My family seem to think that one should stick to hair shoulder-length or shorter, especially after the age of 20. I'm way beyond 20 now and still get suggestions that I should maybe consider cutting my hair... so finding a place with like-minded people is fab :0)

My hair is at bra-strap length at the moment, but is quite damaged. I dyed it red a couple of years ago, then went back to my natural brown without cutting out the dye. When I twist my hair to do a rope braid or similar, I get all these little bits sticking out, which makes braiding quite unattractive. Still, I like to give it a go anyway.

My favourite hair toy is my Hairagami.

That's all for now, just wanted to introduce myself. Look forward to reading the forums.

Arrow
>----->

KarpatiiSiv
June 12th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Hi, Arrow and welcome to LHC from another UK member.:waving: I felt the same as you when I first found the forum, it is nice to be amongst like-minded people.:D

krissykins
June 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM
You managed to use the Hairagami?! I've only heard horror stories. You are quite the anomaly :lol:

Welcome to the forums! :D

Arrow
June 12th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Krissykins -- what sort of horror stories? I'm pretty sure all the folding can't really be good for my hair... but I love it so much...

krissykins
June 12th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I remember someone mentioning getting it tangled so badly that they had to cut it out :scared:

But most other people just didn't seem to like it. There are a few who do, but they are also few and far between from what I can tell.

lorelai2012
June 18th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hi Arrow!

Sounds like your hair situation and mine are very similar! But I am still growing mine to BSL. Maybe you could trim it back to APL and neaten it up? LHC is very good for tips.
Lorelai

MoonLover
July 7th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Welcome Arrow!

I just got the hairagami yesterday and I love it too! It makes bunning really easy doesn't it?

I like that you're trying hairstyles even though they're not "perfect." Eventually your damage will grow out and your rope braid will be smooth:)

IanB
July 7th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Ah, another UK'er you are most welcome

Arrow
July 10th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the greetings, everyone. :0) I'm going through my movie collection at the moment "ooohing" at all the pretty hairstyles.