PDA

View Full Version : Very silky hair with simple recipe!

Of the Fae
June 12th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Hey! I just wanted to let you guys know that I have booked very good results with a honey/olive oil/chamomille hairmask!
It did not lighten my hair. but left it very very strong :)
I left it in for something like 3 hours, it was hell getting it out but it got me very silky and strong hair!

tigr
June 12th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Sounds lovely. How much of each did you use?

littlestarface
June 12th, 2011, 05:41 PM
How did you add the honey and oil to the chamomile? Was it like a strong tea mix???

QueenJoey
June 12th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Oooh, I have all those ingredients! Well, we just ran out of olive oil, but I can go grab some. More details about this lovely hair mask, please?

LaceyNg
June 12th, 2011, 08:40 PM
yes, i'm curious too! did you heat it all up? before application, or during?

missfortune9335
June 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Is there a recipe you can share with us maybe?

Of the Fae
June 13th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Sure:) But I am sloppy ;)
I used chamomille flowers, dried (you can buy them as tea), extra virgin olive oil, I think about half a tea cup, mixed with a few tablespoons of honey (so it is veryveryvery oily and fat and sticky) Then I added the flowers. No tea, although I still wonder if the flowers made a difference:P
But I just kinda threw it all together so no exact measurements. You have to rinse it out with a mild shampoo, but be thorough, because it is sticky!
It made my hair shine like a crazy diamond!
btw my hair is hennaed. A detail, but maybe good to know.
I've heard honey can lighten, but this barely happened. (although I do have many layers of henna on my head, so it may lighten virgin hair?)

Good luck to you all :) Let me know what your results were!

Kome
June 13th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Ooooooooo, this sounds great. I just planted Chamomille today... can't wait 'till it starts to grow! I will have to try this once it does. :)

Eirelin
June 13th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I am really looking forward to doing this next wash day :) Hopefully it will be good enough for me to hold my roommate/best friend still and use it on his poor, abused hair.

Thank you!

Eirelin
June 13th, 2011, 11:39 PM
You know, I just realized that that sounded a little rude. Of course it will be good; the "if" comes in whenever I try to get him to take care of his hair. He wants it longer but has been very bad to it for decades.

Of the Fae
June 14th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Don't worry, I didn't take it the wrong way. It requires patience, and whatever works on one person's hair may not work on the other. But yeah try it :) I can for one recommend it obviously^

ShiningStar
June 19th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the recipe.