PDA

View Full Version : Super thick check-in!

BlazingHeart
June 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I know there are other ladies and gents out there who have hair thickness that makes the iii measurement seem awful small. So who are you and how thick is your hair? Measure in a ponytail, the same way the classifications do it.

I'm Blaze and I have 5.5-5.7"! (Probably more if I was nicer to my hair - I'm new to LHC and slowly breaking down my bad habits)

~Blaze

CrystalStar
June 12th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I think I can be in this thread.. :) I used to have a ponytail circumference of 5.8 inches before a massive shed which stopped after I begun taking vitamins. I believe I had iron deficiency as even in recent years I am often rejected from donating blood for low iron!

2 years on and my ponytail without my large bangs is finally over 5 inches again! 5.1 I believe! :D

Kumiko033
June 12th, 2011, 02:01 PM
My hair when it was long was about 6.5', now my hair feels thicker even but I can't measure yet..no ponytail length. I'm still not sure if having thick hair is better then having thin hair.
Thin hair seems so easy.

Avital88
June 12th, 2011, 02:08 PM
6 here:) now the length too..

DaniiL
June 12th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Well, compared to your hairs, I have thin hair, only 5.3 inch. ;)
But maybe I could join you anyway?

I must ask you all with super thick hair; how do you wear your hair up, and with what??
I can't seem to get it to work at all!
My hair is BSL, but layered. Shortest layer is almost APL.
Would appreciate any help you could give me! :flower:

ashamanjababu
June 12th, 2011, 02:56 PM
My pony circumference is about 6".

I love having such thick hair, but sometimes it's tough to manage. It also looks so much shorter than thinner hair! My hair really fills out the length, and even at waist-length it never looked very long. I love my honkin' big bun, but I wish I could get more wraps without have to strand it.

ashamanjababu
June 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
DaniiL, I just got layers cut in recently about the same as yours (APL/BSL) and I found it a bit different to pin up than my former single big bun. I've gotten the best results from pinning up the top half into a bun and then either leaving the lower half loose, braiding it, or making it into a second bun. That was your layers won't interfere with bunning and by separating your hair you can cut down the thickness.

gthlvrmx
June 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I used to be a part of this :(

UltraBella
June 13th, 2011, 12:32 AM
6 here:) now the length too..

If you have a 6 inch circumference I would suggest getting rid of that ii/iii classification in your stats.

I personally only have a 5.9" circumference, without my bangs.

There is already a thread for this, you can find it here : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43020

BlazingHeart
June 13th, 2011, 02:00 PM
:o whoops. I tried to search but got a little frustrated going through stuff trying to find an older thick-haired thread.

~Blaze

katsrevenge
June 13th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Personally, the really long long threads make reading harder...even more so if they are over a year old! :P It just seems better/more readable to have a fresh start and maybe a link back to the old one for informative purposes.

I'm in this club. My fat part pony tail is around 6 inches. It will probably be more when it starts growing healthier and without the brushing of doom I used to do every night.

UltraBella
June 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Personally, the really long long threads make reading harder...even more so if they are over a year old! :P It just seems better/more readable to have a fresh start and maybe a link back to the old one for informative purposes.

That thread is still current, the last posting on it was just May 18th. You'll notice gaps in posting but it always starts up again. When you have such an established thread I personally think it clogs up the board to start identical ones. I realize that wasn't the OP's intention. I just steer clear of duplicate threads. My own personal preference.

IanB
June 13th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Trouble is that the hair thickness thins and the thin waist thickens as the years pass!

Red_Wednesday
June 13th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Trouble is that the hair thickness thins and the thin waist thickens as the years pass!

Hahahaha...too true:D

katsrevenge
June 14th, 2011, 05:07 AM
That thread is still current, the last posting on it was just May 18th. You'll notice gaps in posting but it always starts up again. When you have such an established thread I personally think it clogs up the board to start identical ones. I realize that wasn't the OP's intention. I just steer clear of duplicate threads. My own personal preference.

True. However reading posts over two months old or a year and then realizing you could reply but really what is the point of it? Is annoying at least to me. Most other forums I've been on with this format lock and restart after so many pages or a set time just to help keep thingss sane and avoid server issues.
and you avoid having those first few pages full of dead links, banned members and broken images. :cheese: :)

CrystalStar
June 14th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Anyone with around BSL hair with any styling advice please? I can only manage a few different styles such as the cinnabun and seashell bun, and would desperately like more styles! :)