PDA

View Full Version : Boar Bristle Brush

dmarie63
June 12th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I did a search, but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I enjoy brushing my hair. It can make my hair shiney and gets rid of the frizzies I get from just combing. I've used the plastic brushes for years - the ones that have plastic bristles with the balls on the end.

Will a Boar Bristle Brush give me the same effect to my hair while also not damaging it? I know they don't detangle the hair, but does it pull too much? Does it have either a positive or negative effect on split ends?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bunzfan
June 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I have only recently started using mine and i love love how it makes my dry ends soft to, i put oil on my hands smooth it through the hair and brush my hair. I part it in two section and do it that way.

I found if i brush without the oil it can be a bit frizzy on my wavy hair.

krissykins
June 12th, 2011, 11:57 AM
This article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=210) may answer a few questions you might have about the BBB. :D

My BBB makes my hair smooth and shiny and helps distribute the oil. I love it :heartbeat

Superfine
June 12th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I have had a Kent of London BBB for years. Just started really using it in the last year. It is far superior to plastic or nylon brushes. However, I just bought a Mason Pearson BBB (Handy B4) & I am overwhelmingly impressed. I didn't think anything was better than Kent. The difference is that the MP glides through my hair like the Tangle Teezer. Feeling by hand, the bristles feel so much stiffer than the Kent. But, when I brush it feels wonderful & goes through better than the Kent. Really "grooms" the hair too. Shop around as they are expensive, but I think amazon had the lowest prices.

feralnature
June 12th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Weird this thread was started today. I just started using a BBB last evening. My mom used one on me when I was a child.

dmarie63
June 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the help, everyone :)

hyettf16
June 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I just got a conair bbb for $4 a few weeks ago. It makes my hair so smoooth :)

TheLurkingToad
June 12th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I had used a plastic brush just like you for years also. I got my boar one last week and I think it is amazing. Less of my hair is in my new brush than my old plastic one so I'd say it damages and pulls much less.