PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Men (This means YOU, Biggeorge!)

Jaime
March 13th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to bring more visibility to a new social group that Harpgal was nice enough to set up:

The League of Extraordinary (Longhaired) Gentlemen (http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=67)

Roughly 10% or so of the LHC members are male, so this group is for YOU! If nothing else, it will provide a place to go to recover from those times when we inadvertantly click on one of those TMI threads by mistake.:oops: :run:

8) Jim

FrannyG
March 13th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Just wanted to bring more visibility to a new social group that Harpgal was nice enough to set up:

The League of Extraordinary (Longhaired) Gentlemen (http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=67)

Roughly 10% or so of the LHC members are male, so this group is for YOU! If nothing else, it will provide a place to go to recover from those times when we inadvertantly click on one of those TMI threads by mistake.:oops: :run:

8) Jim

Okay, I'm not a guy, but I just had to respond that your last sentence really made me laugh. :rollin:

Anyway, I'm giving this a bump. :)

Amoretti
March 13th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Sounds cool! Can I play?

trollkjerring
March 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Till now only women answered:)
trollkjerring

EdG
March 13th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Sounds cool! Can I play?

Certainly! We promised to behave better than Calvin did on the cover of http://www.amazon.com/Indispensable-Calvin-Hobbes-Bill-Watterson/dp/0836218981

:)
Ed

Shield31
March 13th, 2008, 10:35 AM
ok, shield31 checking here. And I checked in there too :)

The restart of the LHC kind of reminds me of the big bang. A sudden birth of a long haired universe that is rapidly expanding, changing and becomming very enjoyable to explore.

But, no borg here. I never saw one with any hair at all :magic:.

Tapioca
March 13th, 2008, 12:40 PM
And I get the "Two and a Half Men" theme song in my head. "Men, men, men, manly men..."

Jaime
March 13th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Till now only women answered:)
trollkjerringProbably because most of the men are still out plowing fields, slaying dragons, building skyscrapers, battling evil in all it's forms . . . that sort of thing :D*

8) Jim

* then there are pathetic cube dwellers like myself.:rolleyes:

redbark
March 13th, 2008, 01:26 PM
The title = Calling all Men ( This means YOU, Biggeorge!)

Come on Jim... even BigGeorge isn't that BIG. He isn't equivalent to "all men" here! ;)

Wavelength
March 13th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Certainly! We promised to behave better than Calvin did on the cover of http://www.amazon.com/Indispensable-Calvin-Hobbes-Bill-Watterson/dp/0836218981

:)
Ed

"O Hail to G.R.O.S.S.!
Best club in the cosmos..." http://bestsmileys.com/music1/25.gif

Dangit, I know all the secret password songs praising tigers, but I'm doomed to be barred from the clubhouse. Glad you guys are more openminded than certain cartoon characters... :wink:

GlassEyes
March 13th, 2008, 01:43 PM
^_^ I'm a guy, so I guess I'll join. xD

Jaime
March 13th, 2008, 03:34 PM
The title = Calling all Men ( This means YOU, Biggeorge!)

Come on Jim... even BigGeorge isn't that BIG. He isn't equivalent to "all men" here! ;)Aha! You're one of those . . . Literalists! Aren't you! :nono:

<huffs quietly while remembering (in horror) the time he told his literalist mother that he was "so hungry I could eat a horse" and she took him at his word shudder: >

Okay fine. Would a nice Moderator (preferably an English Teacher), in the midst of all the other important stuff you're doing, ease my pain and please correct the Thread title to read

". . .This includes YOU . . ."

Geez.

8) Jim

redbark
March 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Aww Jim,

How you wound me :(

I was just playing with you...sniffle

Would you be able to accept this :flower: lovely looking blossom and find it in your heart to forgive me , perchance?

Jaime
March 13th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Aww Jim,

How you wound me :(

I was just playing with you...sniffle

Would you be able to accept this :flower: lovely looking blossom and find it in your heart to forgive me , perchance?A pox upon me for a clumsy lout! I meant not to wound, but to play! I am the one needing forgiveness:pray:, if I've elicited a sniffle instead of a giggle.

But if it will lighten your worry, of course I forgive you, milady. I wouldn't be an "Extraordinary (longhaired) Gentleman" if I didn't, would I? :wink:

8) Jim

redbark
March 13th, 2008, 04:34 PM
A pox upon me for a clumsy lout! I meant not to wound, but to play! I am the one needing forgiveness:pray:, if I've elicited a sniffle instead of a giggle.

But if it will lighten your worry, of course I forgive you, milady. I wouldn't be an "Extraordinary (longhaired) Gentleman" if I didn't, would I? :wink:

8) Jim

Aww Jim,

Don't go about derailing yourself so, that was not my intention!

And the afore-mentioned "giggle"?... well, I must confess I had to stifle it even whilst it was threatening to surface for fear of offending you. It then transformed into quite the "gurgle" which got me all confused and flustered! :blushing:

However my countenance has brightened considerably on knowing that all's well in our world now ;)

Elenna
March 13th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Turning into a SCA event here!

But where are the brave knights?

Elenna

EdG
March 13th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Probably because most of the men are still out plowing fields, slaying dragons, building skyscrapers, battling evil in all it's forms . . . that sort of thing
And having our long hair look great while doing so! Yes, nothing but typical guy stuff. :D Sadly, I too am a cubicle dweller.

Glad you guys are more openminded than certain cartoon characters...
That was such a great comic strip. Deep down, Calvin really liked Susie. ;)
Ed

Wavelength
March 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
That was such a great comic strip. Deep down, Calvin really liked Susie. ;)
Ed

Of course he did -- that was so obvious from the earlier strips. Especially the Valentine ones.

My fiancé recently bought me the boxed set of the entire Calvin & Hobbes collection for my birthday. Three volumes! In hardcover! On premium acid-free paper! Wheeeeeeeee! :happydance:

EdG
March 13th, 2008, 07:41 PM
My fiancé recently bought me the boxed set of the entire Calvin & Hobbes collection for my birthday. Three volumes! In hardcover! On premium acid-free paper! Wheeeeeeeee! :happydance:That's a great gift! Calvin and Hobbes will always be remembered. :)
Ed

trolleypup
March 13th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Roughly 10% or so of the LHC members are male, so this group is for YOU! If nothing else, it will provide a place to go to recover from those times when we inadvertantly click on one of those TMI threads by mistake.
TMI threads? Where? Did I miss one?

trolleypup
March 14th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Probably because most of the men are still out plowing fields, slaying dragons, building skyscrapers, battling evil in all it's forms . . . that sort of thing :D*
Or hanging out in the TMI threads doing my damnedest to squick the women.

Dianyla
March 14th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Or hanging out in the TMI threads doing my damnedest to squick the women.
Ya done good, honey. You even managed to squick me out. :tmi:

snowbear
March 18th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Ya done good, honey. You even managed to squick me out. :tmi:
Really?! :shocked: Where?