PDA

View Full Version : Calling anyone who's ever worked around fryers!

Tomoyo
June 11th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Okay, I know there must be some people who spend their work day in a fast-food/deli environment like myself, who have to use industrial fryers. I need your help! Is there a short term, between-washes solution for freshening up burned-smelling, grease-exposed hair? As you know, those huge fryers belch out grease and it sticks on your clothes, skin and hair, and SMELLS at the end of the day. I don't want to keep washing my hair over-frequently, but I'm also not interested in spending all my time smelling like a piece of fried chicken. Any odor-removal tips? Also, when protecting hair from fryer damage, is it wise to wear a hat all day? I already have to wear a hairnet, but the hat is more or less optional. Should I wear that too, or will having it covered all day make it suffer more?

Nini
June 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I'd cover it up, or I'd go mad from the smell;)

I run a dairyfarm, and I use a buff and a baseball cap every day to cover up.

excentricat
June 11th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I wear the hat and keep it bunned up. I think the more limited the exposure is the better off you'll be. I work with the friers, but I also wash every other day so I don't have too long to wait.

caiti42
June 11th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Maybe co-wash? In the 2 years I worked at McDonalds I never found a solution :-(. It also gave me incredibly greasy hair and needed washing every day.

Arya
June 11th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Where I worked, the greasiness was mostly from dishes. I don't know about your hair, but my skin loooved a honey and sugar rinse after. I'd take a honey packet and a sugar packet, mix them in my hands, and rub it in, and then rinse it off. The sugar is exfoliating, the honey moisturizing and antibacterial. It left my skin grease free but not parched.