PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Protein Treatments

sunnydays
June 11th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Can people tell me what protein treatments they have tried or any products they have used which help strengthen dry and damaged hair, I want to build up my hair's strength ready for the end of the year when I get highlights again. At the moment it looks healthy and strong, shiny and is soft to touch, but I know if I were to have highlights it would immediatly turn dry and start snapping, I want to get my hair in the best possible condition ready for my highlights so that when I have them they will look healthy as apposed to dry and like rats tails. I dont want the crispy look thats for sure.

I have curly hair, a mixture of curls I would say Shakira's hair is very similar curls to mine, its just past shoulders and chocolate brown at the moment.

At the moment I use any Loreal shampoo for dry damaged hair, I also use j-pak deep rehydrator and I use a leave in conditioner as well as a serum, for styling, only thing that holds my curls. I also have recently started using some jojoba oil which I mix with my shampoo and I also use as a leave in over night, only a small amount so my hands glisten then smooth it over my hair tie it up and sleep in it then rinse in the morning.

DTsgirl
June 11th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I use Aphogee Two Step, but my hair is bleached, so it seems i is much more damaged than yours. Before I bleached it, I used Joico K-Pak Reconstructor and I LOVED that! Soft shiney smooth hair! Organics something by Renpure (Wal-Greens, green tube) works really well also. Henna N' Placenta is pretty good, but Joico is better.

krissykins
June 11th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Coconut milk soaks are a tried and true for me.

I also like to use my favorite protein-laden conditioners, like VO5 Moisture Milks Passionfruit Smoothie, or Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut.

littlestarface
June 11th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Soy sauce works great for me!

Safira
June 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Aphogee two steps, and Joico K-pak Reconstructer. Aphogee has improven my hair quality, hair feels much stronger and smoother. My hair loves protein.

Joico was also good, it made my hair like silk, but it has mineral oil, so I stopped using it.

And after protein treatment, I always follow with moisturizing treatment.

jojo
June 11th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Myhair isnt damaged but is very fine and I like the aphogee 2 step every 2-3 months. Its a hard core protein treatment but my hair loves it. Remember to always follow a protein treatment with a moiturising treatment to prevent dryness.

celebriangel
June 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM
And, obviously, Cassia.

See the cassia thread! For conditioning goodness, as well as protein, mix with lots of conditioner (maybe 50/50 cassia paste/conditioner).