PDA

View Full Version : Been away for awhile...

Lexibeth
June 11th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Life got crazy, so I've been away awhile. After this last year, between stress, hormone issues and over all health problems...my hair isn't in the best of shape. It's still a bit longer than waist length, but I have an oily scalp and dry/damaged ends. It's time to get back to my old routine. I would just like to say to all of you, it's good to be back and see that the community love is as strong as ever. So, has anyone here dealt with hair issues as a result of imbalanced hormones?

Firefly
June 11th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Hi Lexibeth! :waves: I haven't dealt with hormone issues, but I did have similar issues with dry/damaged ends and a scalp that tended toward oily (and flaky!) Oddly enough, CO has done the trick for me. No more oily/flaky scalp, and my ends are happy. I use a very light conditioner on the scalp-- VO5 or Suave. I really massage it into my scalp and rinse thoroughly. Then use something heavy on the length from about the ears down (currently using GF Triple Nutrition). YMMV but it may be worth a try. Expect it to take a couple weeks before your hair adjusts though. Good luck!

Lexibeth
June 11th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I need to post a new pic of my hair, so all can see the shape its in now. I'll make a point to do this tonight. I'm hoping I can baby my ends for a few months before I have to trim them.