PDA

View Full Version : Invoking the two week rule !!! YES, AGAIN......

UltraBella
June 10th, 2011, 09:37 PM
That's it ! I am cutting it ! Done with being a chicken !
Last time I wanted to do a major cut I chickened out and trimmed 3 inches. My hair is back at hovering at tailbone. I think I enjoy my hair most somewhere between mid-back and waist.
I just feel like I have all this hair just hanging there and it's getting boring. I want less weight, I want more layers, I want a major overhaul........ I just don't want to regret it.
Anyone else feel stuck in a rut ?

ETA :
Change of plans, explanation in post # 44.

jaine
June 10th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I'm sure your hair will be lovely either way!! :D

I'm stuck in the opposite and less fortunate kind of rut ... wanting mine to be longer!!! :)

Dare_to_Dream
June 10th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Love love love your hair. What is your #1 tip for hair health?

MissMB
June 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I think your hair is gooorgeous, and it will still be gorgeous whether you cut it or not. Just get a very clear idea of exactly what you want before you do it, if you do it. :)

PS. I don't know about you but it helped a lot to tell myself "Be realistic with your goals for your hair".

Good luck with your decision! :D

Joribear
June 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Yes, UltraBella, it is awful having long, gorgeous, shiny, glorious hair!! /sarcasm off :D

I love your hair and think I would trade in my Kindle to have hair as gorgeous as your hair! Let me tell you, my Kindle goes everywhere with me! I have tried to leave the house with one of my kids still home (he's 15, so it's not *that* big of a deal if I'd left him behind!), but I have *never* left the house without my Kindle!

julliams
June 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I do like what you have going now, but I also think that it would look amazing at waist length ( or above) with some longer layers in it. I'm a little inspired by the post I saw a few days ago of the person with tailbone hair that cut to BSL and it really lifted her look.

I think when you get to a point when your hair is more of a chore than fun, I think it's time to cut and love it again. Besides, we all know it grows, and you know you can get back to tailbone if you so wish to.

That pic of you in your album done by Inspire Portraits (with the red background) is an awesome length for you and I would think it was much easier for you to look after. It's just perfect for you. I say go for it!

UltraBella
June 10th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I took several pics to demonstrate my hair "issues" but they are just too dark even with the flash. I will take some outside in the morning and post them. I may be in my pajamas though !

I have several inches of dark blonde virgin roots and my length is a warmer tone. It's bugging me.
My hair is heavy so it is just lying flat near my face. It's bugging me. If I cut off some major length I could have my layers much shorter, giving me more volume towards the top.
But then I don't know if I will still be able to do my favorite bun........

DARE TO DREAM, my #1 tip for hair health, and mental health, is to just enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it there is no reason to grow it. For me, I enjoy highlights, coloring, I enjoy change. So, I think this cut has been a long time coming.

Jenn of Pence
June 10th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Well, Ultrabella, your hair grows so fast that even a "major" chop to BSL would be minor if you wanted it longer again later. I agree, there's no reason to have it if you can't enjoy it. :)

MeganE
June 10th, 2011, 11:20 PM
In your post, you didn't mention why you think you might regret it. Were you unhappy with your hair when it was shorter? And have you been happier overall with your hair at this length?

Here's what I'm thinking... if you answered "no" to both of those questions, and if you already wanted this and chickened out before, do you really need the two week rule again? I'm assuming the reason you didn't do it then was that you were just worried you'd regret the cut, and not because you decided that you didn't want it anymore. I mean, it sounds like you've wanted to trim it back for a long time.

I guess my point is this. Are you really undecided or just afraid? Because sometimes waiting to do something that scares us is a great way to chicken out, and then you may never get the cut you want. :) I think it'll take some guts to cut off that much, and you might be happier in the long run if you just get it over with.

Fufu
June 11th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Adore your hair, regardless what length it is.

Follow your heart :)

Avital88
June 11th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Ahh i love your lenght but i also totally understand the volume problem. What worked for me was faceframing layers,so i could keep the lenght but i have those layers cut at almost collarbonelenth and because of the waviness they bounce at chinlenght,it really made a lot of difference.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

UltraBella
June 11th, 2011, 01:12 AM
In your post, you didn't mention why you think you might regret it. Were you unhappy with your hair when it was shorter? And have you been happier overall with your hair at this length?

Here's what I'm thinking... if you answered "no" to both of those questions, and if you already wanted this and chickened out before, do you really need the two week rule again? I'm assuming the reason you didn't do it then was that you were just worried you'd regret the cut, and not because you decided that you didn't want it anymore. I mean, it sounds like you've wanted to trim it back for a long time.

I guess my point is this. Are you really undecided or just afraid? Because sometimes waiting to do something that scares us is a great way to chicken out, and then you may never get the cut you want. :) I think it'll take some guts to cut off that much, and you might be happier in the long run if you just get it over with.

I am not undecided, I am not afraid either. I just think when it is that much length, extra consideration should be given. There is no hurry to cut it and my stylist won't be able to get me in immediately, she is very popular.
I have never truly been unhappy with my hair, I am aware it will look nice at either length. There are still pros and cons to both though. If I cut it I will wear it down more and enjoy it down more. But I may have a hard time putting it up and it must be up daily. I will no longer own the longest hair I know in real life and that thought kind of makes me sad. It's an accomplishment I am reluctant to give up. But, change is fun and exciting and my hair is heavy, hot and just hanging there.

IanB
June 11th, 2011, 02:35 AM
The two week rule is a food one to follow - no rash decisions you may regret

Mesmerise
June 11th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Ultrabella your hair is beautiful now, and it will be beautiful if it's shorter! The good thing is, your hair seems to grow fast, so even a cut to waist probably isn't going to cut off THAT many months of growing.

For me, I like to have a goal in mind with my hair... I think if I didn't have a goal, I'd get bored (which is why I've spent all my life growing and chopping and growing again)! And that's why I fully understand that if I had hair the exact length and condition I actually wanted, I'd get bored of it sooner or later too because I'd have no new GOALS!

At the moment, my ultimate "goal" is hip with no chemical colour...which is probably 5 years away though lol... so I've got a lot of time before I get there.

I think if you get tired of the way your hair is, you need to do something with it! You can always grow it again.

tiny_teesha
June 11th, 2011, 04:33 AM
I would never cut my hair due to boredom! I think your hair is so so very beautiful and unflawed. I would do, ANYTHING, in a heartbeat, to have what you have.
But i know i never can. It makes me sad that people with beautiful thick hair cut it off....
But, what's important isn't making me happy, it's making yourself happy. If you truly dislike having long hair, then cut it.
If you regret it, then you can take another 3 or 4 years of your life growing it back.
Perhaps you should not see your long hair as "boring" but one of a kind! As you said, you're the only one with hair that long! Perhaps try a new hairstyle. There is so many, and with hair that long it opens you up to such a plethora of styles!
But if it is making you unhappy, and a shopping spree won't soothe that ache, chop it ahoy!

Hope i didn't sound too morose. I'm a little sad lately.

turtlelover
June 11th, 2011, 04:46 AM
I vote for cutting 3 inches off and then waiting a month to decide if you want more off. Personally, I think your hair is GORGEOUS the way it is and I wouldn't cut it if it were mine, but then again, I am not the one having to deal w/ it on a daily basis. Either way, you have beautiful hair.

Sunsailing
June 11th, 2011, 05:31 AM
If I cut it I will wear it down more and enjoy it down more. But I may have a hard time putting it up and it must be up daily.

Hard time putting it up? How short are you going?

UltraBella
June 11th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Hard time putting it up? How short are you going?

Somewhere between mid-back and waist length. With my thickness, at that length, my favorite buns will be impossible. I worry that I will have a hard time finding new ways of putting it up that are as comfortable as my favorite styles now.

CrisDee
June 11th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I've found that a lot of people with very thick hair like yours get the urge to be rid of much of the thickness as soon as the weather warms up. I think I'm going to go with what someone else above said - cut a few inches off, take the layers up just a bit, and see how you like it. You can always cut more off, but you can't put it back! :)

KittyLost
June 11th, 2011, 06:59 AM
I think if you want to cut it you should, and do it slowly instead of one big chop! Your hair looks great now and it will still look great at shorter lengths. Your hair does seem to grow quickly too. I think you should cut to around waist. It makes a change and you get to experiment and learn all over again the styles best for your hair at that length. Which can also be part of the fun.

Lildove
June 11th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Ultrabella- I adore your hair and personally I don't think you can go wrong with the length you want to cut your hair to. I will go:thud:either way. :)

UltraBella
June 11th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I would never cut my hair due to boredom! I think your hair is so so very beautiful and unflawed. I would do, ANYTHING, in a heartbeat, to have what you have.
But i know i never can. It makes me sad that people with beautiful thick hair cut it off....
But, what's important isn't making me happy, it's making yourself happy. If you truly dislike having long hair, then cut it.
If you regret it, then you can take another 3 or 4 years of your life growing it back.
Perhaps you should not see your long hair as "boring" but one of a kind! As you said, you're the only one with hair that long! Perhaps try a new hairstyle. There is so many, and with hair that long it opens you up to such a plethora of styles!
But if it is making you unhappy, and a shopping spree won't soothe that ache, chop it ahoy!

Hope i didn't sound too morose. I'm a little sad lately.

I am sorry you are a little sad lately. I hope you feel better.

I vote for cutting 3 inches off and then waiting a month to decide if you want more off. Personally, I think your hair is GORGEOUS the way it is and I wouldn't cut it if it were mine, but then again, I am not the one having to deal w/ it on a daily basis. Either way, you have beautiful hair.

I cut three inches off a couple of months ago. It's grown back and I am right back to where I was and wishing I had cut more. So, it's time. It grows very quickly and really wouldn't take that long to grow it back out again.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, support, suggestions, etc !!!!
Hmmmm. The outside pics to show what I am frustrated with may have to wait a tiny bit, it's currently raining.

UltraBella
June 11th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I've found that a lot of people with very thick hair like yours get the urge to be rid of much of the thickness as soon as the weather warms up.

THIS !!!!! My hair is so WARM. I think that is one of my biggest issues and I can't think of anything to alleviate that except for cutting it.

Sookie
June 11th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Omg Ultrabella! You have one of the most beautiful hair i have ever seen! You are so lucky!! If i had your length i wouldn't cut it of course! But i never had so long hair..so i don't know how it is. My goal is tailbone hair! And once i achieve it i am going for 1 ince cut every month so it would be more strong, healthy and with vollume.
But do whatever you feel...i mean if you are bored you need to change before you really get more bored and cut it all :p

lapushka
June 11th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I've found that a lot of people with very thick hair like yours get the urge to be rid of much of the thickness as soon as the weather warms up.

True. In the past, every year come spring I'd get this urge to chop it shorter to get rid of the weight, the bulk. It bugged me to no end, the fact that I kept getting the urge to cut every year, and not being able to grow beyond a certain length because of it! And I always regretted cutting when summer came along and I struggled to put my hair up. I can imagine what it's like (I have thick hair), though I don't have your thickness, UltraBella.

Maybe cut it a couple inches shorter than you did last time, so there's still a chance of putting it up or of buns not being that much out of the picture. If it is a tad too short for buns, you know it'll just take a few inches to where you cut last time, which is an okay, and comfortable, length.

Peggy E.
June 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Waist length hair is not exactly "short" hair! Be sure you know what you want with the layers, though - seems like the most complaining I've seen here has to do with the long and laborious attempts to grow them out and they do make a difference in what styles you can wear.

If you have a good stylist you can TRUST, talk it over - tell her/him what it is you want, what you still want your hair to do (that bun, for instance) and work together to get the look and weight you are hoping to find.

Your hair is going to be amazing at any length - it's just plain amazing hair! And it's on your head, so you're the one who has to deal with it day in and day out. If you're not happy with it, then for goodness sakes, take the steps necessary to make you love it again.

Life is too short to live with hair you don't love, if there's something you can do to make it just right! ;o)

GRU
June 11th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Well, Ultrabella, your hair grows so fast that even a "major" chop to BSL would be minor if you wanted it longer again later. I agree, there's no reason to have it if you can't enjoy it. :)

^^^^THIS^^^^

I vote to go to waist (if you still want to cut at the end of the two weeks) and then see what happens. If you're happy there after another two weeks, stay there. If you still want more off after another two weeks, take off a little more.

But it's always going to be gorgeous -- you are definitely "follicularly blessed" no matter what the length!

alyanna
June 11th, 2011, 08:01 AM
UltraBella, your hair would look fantastic no matter what you do to it. 3 inches off and more layers cut in would look great, and it would still be super long by a lot of people's standards. I'm inclined to say go ahead and experiment. Worst case scenario, you'd have to wait a few months to get it back to where it was. But since it sucks to feel regretful, you'd better wait the two weeks and see what happens :p

Lilli
June 11th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Do you want it to look better down, or up? That seems to be the crux of it. If you care more about it down, then cut to mid-back and get some layers. That will be pretty. If you care more about the updos, then don't cut.

MeganE
June 11th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I am not undecided, I am not afraid either. I just think when it is that much length, extra consideration should be given. There is no hurry to cut it and my stylist won't be able to get me in immediately, she is very popular.
I have never truly been unhappy with my hair, I am aware it will look nice at either length. There are still pros and cons to both though. If I cut it I will wear it down more and enjoy it down more. But I may have a hard time putting it up and it must be up daily. I will no longer own the longest hair I know in real life and that thought kind of makes me sad. It's an accomplishment I am reluctant to give up. But, change is fun and exciting and my hair is heavy, hot and just hanging there.

Then yes, I'd say the two week rule is definitely appropriate here. :D Also, reading the more recent posts, I know what you mean for dealing with the heat, but mine is also thick and hot and a lot shorter than yours.

Imagine how frustrating it would be if your hair was shorter, still really hot, and now it was impossible to do your favorite updos! :(

jojo
June 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM
You and your hair look good what ever length and waist is still long! id say go for it girl!

TrudieCat
June 11th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Doooo iiiittttttt. :D I think your hair is unbelievably beautiful and I think it will be that way no matter what - you really know how to work with it. And it'll grow back if you don't like it.

Then again, maybe take my advice with a grain of salt because my hair is driving me totally bonkers these days so maybe I'm giving you the advice I really want to give myself.... ;) But yeah, if you still want to cut it after the 2 weeks is over, go for it! Life is un-fun enough as it is sometimes - best to do something fun when you get the chance. :)

Pantha
June 11th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Do what makes you happy, and remember you can always grow it back.

Darkhorse1
June 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I did this last year. I wanted hair like Igor or Dianyla and many of the others who are well past classic length. However, once I got past tailbone, I found it very, very hot, and difficult to manage while at the barn.

I ended up cutting 4 inches and am doing more 'bigger' trims than micro trims, because it's thickening the ends, and makes it much easier to manage.

Ultra Belle--your hair is gorgeous---shorter or where it's at will look gorgeous in whatever you choose, and remember, hair always grows back :D

Rocket22
June 11th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I know this doesn't count completely but I have had long hair (for me anyways to hip) but it was extensions and I did feel like sometimes my hair was wearing me verses I was wearing my hair. but I could just take them out problem solved. I guess as much as I love long hair and have longed for it my whole life I can relate when peole want a change, it was thick, heavy and sometimes just hung there.. When I went shorter it just lifted everything up, I called it sporty sexy. I felt like my hair from the back when long was beautiful, it really was beautiful hair but from the front it just hung there. I say go for it! yes there will be times you will look at long hair and want it back but then when you have long hair you will look at people with shorter hair and wish you could have that too, so really you never win :) so I say enjoy it all!

krissykins
June 11th, 2011, 11:17 AM
UltraBella, you say you want layers in your hair--won't that make some of your favorite updos easier? :)

I say go for it! A little change can shake things up in a good way BUT it will grow back if you're unhappy with it.

Scarlet_Heart
June 11th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I've found that a lot of people with very thick hair like yours get the urge to be rid of much of the thickness as soon as the weather warms up. I think I'm going to go with what someone else above said - cut a few inches off, take the layers up just a bit, and see how you like it. You can always cut more off, but you can't put it back! :)

This is what I was going to say!

Joliebaby
June 11th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Well, your hair will grow back in no time in case you want it longer again, so I say go for it!
It's gorgeous and you are lucky to have great hair genes :)

My hair is about the length you are thinking of, a bit shorter than waist, and really thick as well, and with layers.. I can't really make any up-do's beyond a cinnabun, so I feel you there... I'm hoping at hip length I can do more up-do's because I'm not sure I can handle any longer than that.

spidermom
June 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM
This is my experience: After growing my hair out to classic length and being annoyed by it too often, I thought I was ready to gradually go shorter and with layers. I went back to the upper reaches of tailbone length with long layers, and now I wish my hair would grow already and get back to classic length. I was getting more satisfaction out of having that rarely seen super-long hair than I thought.

ericthegreat
June 11th, 2011, 02:14 PM
That's it ! I am cutting it ! Done with being a chicken !
Last time I wanted to do a major cut I chickened out and trimmed 3 inches. My hair is back at hovering at tailbone. I think I enjoy my hair most somewhere between mid-back and waist.
I just feel like I have all this hair just hanging there and it's getting boring. I want less weight, I want more layers, I want a major overhaul........ I just don't want to regret it.
Anyone else feel stuck in a rut ?

I'm just envying your situation. You are blessed with incredibly thick, super long hair that also grows extremely fast. You could cut all the way up to BSL or even shorter and layer the hell out of it, and you'd still have one of the fullest heads of hair on LHC. I know everyone else here is thinking the same thing. :p

Your hair will turn out wonderful no matter what you decide to do with it. Just make sure to post pics whenever you go in for that major cut! :cheer:

McFearless
June 11th, 2011, 05:28 PM
How long ago was your 3 inch trim? Calculate the time it will take you to get back to your current length if you cut to waist. Add on top of that additional summer growth. If it doesn't seem like a loss, do it! I am a big believer in having fun with your hair, and you stated your "most fun" length.

McFearless
June 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Somewhere between mid-back and waist length. With my thickness, at that length, my favorite buns will be impossible. I worry that I will have a hard time finding new ways of putting it up that are as comfortable as my favorite styles now.

What about having it thinned out? Your styles will still be possible, but without the heavy weight?

UltraBella
June 11th, 2011, 08:25 PM
How long ago was your 3 inch trim? Calculate the time it will take you to get back to your current length if you cut to waist. Add on top of that additional summer growth. If it doesn't seem like a loss, do it! I am a big believer in having fun with your hair, and you stated your "most fun" length.

I trimmed from tailbone to hip the middle of February. I am actually not sure how many inches that is on me, it might be more like 4 inches ? Not sure, but I have gained that length back fully.

What about having it thinned out? Your styles will still be possible, but without the heavy weight?

I like having thick hair and I hate having my hair thinned, my mom always did that to me when I was a child. I want to lose bulk by taking off length and adding shorter layers, not by thinning. Honestly, thinning hair as thick as mine is difficult and would create under layers anyway, so I just don't think it's a good solution for me.

UltraBella
June 12th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Slam on the brakes !!!!!!

Turns out I may not be going for a drastic cut after all. Not for several months at least. I mentioned on Facebook that I am going to cut it and my best friend was a bit unhappy. She is getting married in October and I am her Matron of Honor. She wants it long like it is now. I am not sure why it matters to her, but it does. A lot, apparently. So......... rethinking my plan of action. I can still cut several inches off and it would be back to this length by October, but I can't cut off as much as I was planning. I am doing something, darn it ! This hair boredom is really getting to me. I will at least cut a few inches and refresh my highlights, I can cut it after the wedding.

By the way, I am not sure if her caring so much about my hair is sweet ~ or a bit bridezilla. Maybe both, but I love her and want her to be happy. I have had it long for all these years, a few more months won't hurt me, even if it is through the heat of summer. Oh boy.......

xoxophelia
June 12th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Slam on the breaks !!!!!!

Turns out I may not be going for a drastic cut after all. Not for several months at least. I mentioned on Facebook that I am going to cut it and my best friend was a bit unhappy. She is getting married in October and I am her Matron of Honor. She wants it long like it is now. I am not sure why it matters to her, but it does. A lot, apparently. So......... rethinking my plan of action. I can still cut several inches off and it would be back to this length by October, but I can't cut off as much as I was planning. I am doing something, darn it ! This hair boredom is really getting to me. I will at least cut a few inches and refresh my highlights, I can cut it after the wedding.

By the way, I am not sure if her caring so much about my hair is sweet ~ or a bit bridezilla. Maybe both, but I love her and want her to be happy. I have had it long for all these years, a few more months won't hurt me, even if it is through the heat of summer. Oh boy.......

Well I guess you can always focus a little bit more on updos to get through the worst of the summer weather. Or maybe, still take a few inches off as you just planned but make your layers more defined?

katsrevenge
June 12th, 2011, 01:40 AM
...can you braid..?

I think we have fairly similar hair (I do think yours is in much better shape then mine though, LOL).. and braids really help with the heat. I think even more so then buns.. those are sometimes so heavy but it seems a braid is easy to forget about.)

MonaLisa
June 12th, 2011, 04:50 AM
I think it looks perfect in your signature picture! Is that hip? :)
and seems for you hip - TBL grows within 3 or 4 months, so it's really no big deal to make yourself happy again without long term consequence :)

I love long hair, and my honest opinion is that whatever you choose later, you shouldn't go shorter than waist :) and I'm guessing waist - TBL might be like 6-8 months for you? considering growth rate? and that's quite a change too..

GRU
June 12th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Well I guess you can always focus a little bit more on updos to get through the worst of the summer weather. Or maybe, still take a few inches off as you just planned but make your layers more defined?

I was thinking the same thing, xoxophelia... a few inches off the bottom and add in a few more layers, and that will probably help quite a bit with the current situation.

UB -- have you asked her HOW she wants your hair styled for her wedding? If she's thinking up-do, then your length won't matter, since you're not planning on going so short that you can't do an up-do...

Medievalmaniac
June 12th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I just wish I had your problem. I would keep that hair gladly...I miss mine very much. :(

I'm sure whatever you decide, though, you will be gorgeous!!!

krissykins
June 12th, 2011, 06:52 AM
I see your update :) I think a trim and refreshing your highlights is a great idea!

EtherealOde
June 12th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I think her caring about your hair is sweet, not bridezilla-ish at all! Bridezillas usually don't want anyone else to be showcased at all. She thinks your hair is so lovely she wants it on display at her wedding, what a compliment to you and your gorgeous hair!

UltraBella
June 12th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I was thinking the same thing, xoxophelia... a few inches off the bottom and add in a few more layers, and that will probably help quite a bit with the current situation.

UB -- have you asked her HOW she wants your hair styled for her wedding? If she's thinking up-do, then your length won't matter, since you're not planning on going so short that you can't do an up-do...

She definitely must want it down or she wouldn't care, I just never expected my hair to matter when it comes to the wedding and I was honestly so surprised I didn't specifically ask her, lol.

My issue is, I really can't add in any more layers at this length. I want some quite shorter ones, up near my chin and that's just not possible with TBL hair or even hip length. For the layers I want, I need to be mid-back length. So, I guess I just trim a bit and patiently wait until after the wedding. I may experiment with some new styles to get me through the hot summer months.

jaine
June 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
LOL, that does sound a bit bridezilla to me. :)

Hey, it could be worse ... I heard that one of my transgender friends was asked to change her gender temporarily for a wedding. Oh my...

CrisDee
June 12th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Even with my hair only just past shoulder length, I have a big problem staying cool in the summer. Many of the planes I fly on have auxillary power units that don't quite cut it when the aircraft is on the ground, and in the beastly heat of the Northeast, those planes can get dangerously hot. So every work day, all summer, I put my hair up sopping wet in the morning, to help me stay cool during the day - wonder if putting your hair up wet would help you stay cool? 'Course that would add even more weight... :undecided:

akuamoonmaui
June 12th, 2011, 11:03 AM

She's your best friend. Getting married has enough stresses, if this is one less thing for her to have to think about (since she obviously has) I'd indulge her, and buy new hair toys to indulge yourself in the mean time!!

GRU
June 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
LOL, that does sound a bit bridezilla to me. :)

Hey, it could be worse ... I heard that one of my transgender friends was asked to change her gender temporarily for a wedding. Oh my...

:blueeek: :rolleyes:

I only have one word for that: DAY-UM!!!

krissykins
June 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
:blueeek: :rolleyes:

I only have one word for that: DAY-UM!!!

The word I would've chosen is FAIL. :p

jeanniet
June 12th, 2011, 12:00 PM
At least you'll have time to decide what you want to do! :p Honestly, I think your hair is beautiful--I mean, really beautiful--but having thick hair myself that is nowhere near as thick as yours, I don't think I could cope with it at tailbone. I totally understand wanting it to be at a length you can manage better. So in the meantime, cut those few inches off again and dream...

As far as the transgendered friend/wedding issue goes, I'm not even sure I'd have a comeback for that, but maybe the sound of my jaw hitting the floor would be enough. That's like asking someone to be another race. :mad: