PDA

View Full Version : Rag curls, ARGH!

buttercupmcgee
June 10th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Anyone know a trick to get more volume at the grown using rag curls?

beccababesx
June 10th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I understand your frustration, the weight seems to pull the hair flat. Afraid I can't help though, I just backcomb the crown - personally I think the damage from that (which is negligible if done carefully and taken out with a CO wash) is worth how nice it looks!
So I only have a 'naughty' idea haha!

Tigermama
June 10th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I just learned how to make a part like a headband, and tousle the top and back. This makes a little pouf at the top and back.

WittyWordsmith
June 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Maybe use some of those velcro rollers to boost up the volume that the top? Put them in first, then drape the rag curls over them.

I haven't DONE this myself, but I think it could work, and wouldn't damage the hair at all. Good luck!

jaine
June 10th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Is your hair long enough to put a scrunchie ponytail on top of your head and then rag curl the ponytail? (I can never tell with inch measurements if it's measured from roots to ends, or measured over the head from the hairline....)

Peggy E.
June 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
When I would do the rag curls and wanted volume, I would bend over and shake the curls out somewhat, making sure to concentrate on the roots by carefully scrunching them.

Then back up straight and rearrange the hair. Should have more volume, but not necessarily for long... :o(

Still the rag curls are so luscious, no one's going to note the roots might not have great volume!