PDA

View Full Version : Cut it off and I love it.

MissMB
June 9th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I cut off about 10 inches of my hair yesterday. I couldn't be more happy about it, and I honestly don't miss my hair at all. It had become my burden, not my glory. I still remember being so proud of how well-kept and long it was. But as the years went by it got heavier and heavier and more unflattering. Ever since it began growing out from a 6" trim in December it had really been bothering me. No matter what style I tried out it always hurt my head; or if it didn't, it simply took too much time to fix for work. [I posted about my scalp hurting recently but was so busy that I couldn't go beyond reading & trying the ideas]

The new haircut is so much more practical and it really suits my lifestyle now. I have long been a lurker here and I have learned a lot from you all, I don't plan on leaving just because I went to BSL. :) I just wanted to let you guys know what I did, I hope it helps someone who is considering the same thing. I loved my long hair, it's what I always wanted - but this I love even more.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz343/ToyID/gshs.jpg

*PS - I am donating 9" of it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

~MissMB~

monsterna
June 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Good for you. :) I like it.

Smile4Kiki
June 9th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Looks great! Glad you're happy with it

MissManda
June 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Good for you for sticking to what makes you happy! :flower: Your hair looks so healthy and soft!

battles
June 9th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Your hair looks great at the new length. :D

ladyfey
June 9th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Lovely! :)

Hotrox
June 9th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Well, you have beautiful hair and it is just as beautiful at its new length now as it was before.

We should be happy with our hair, so I am gld that you have found a length and style that work for you :) It really looks lovely and I can see in the photo that you feel happy and confident with your new do! Congratualtions :p

Slinks
June 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
good job .. if you like it :-) good for you

HairFaerie
June 9th, 2011, 09:00 PM
The new cut looks AWESOME! You can tell from the pic you are really happy with it!

SpeakingEZ
June 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I'm glad you're happy with your hair now!! I'm also thrilled that you're going with PBL instead of LoL (heh, even its acronym is a joke).

It actually looks a little longer than BSL, it looks like it could be waist. I wish my bsl hair came down as far as yours when over my shoulders. . . .

ericthegreat
June 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I love the new haircut, long layers work wonderfully for your hair. Your hair was beautiful before as well, I love your slight, natural waves. And I must say I love the color of your eyes as well! :p Its great that you didn't throw out the cut off hair and decided to donate it instead to a reputable hair charity.

dulce
June 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
It's still long and beautiful, and long hair of all lengths belong here not just the super long.

turtlelover
June 9th, 2011, 09:35 PM
For what it is worth, though I like super long hair, I LOVE the new look and the blended layering on the sides even more on you. Yours is about the length I am aiming for! :-D

Eire
June 9th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I agree - it's more flattering. And it's still long!

growingpains
June 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I like it better!!! It suits you sooo much:) Nice work. I bet it'd look good WL too.

Automne
June 9th, 2011, 10:03 PM
It looks great!

Deborah
June 9th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Your hair is beautiful at both lengths.

I know what you mean about loving the change. I've cut mine back like that several times. I'm always glad, and then it grows right back, so it's good either way. For me it relieved that heaviness and pull that longer hair can sometimes cause. I love that light, airy feeling of a nice new, but still long, cut. Then when it grows back it doesn't feel so heavy for a very long time. Then if it is bugging me again, I snip again. It always grows back quickly, and I'm happy all along the way.

Darkhorse1
June 9th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Both long and the current length--I love the new style. Long hair comes in many lengths--you just have to find the one that suits you :)

Sunny_side_up
June 9th, 2011, 11:10 PM
that was some length there! Your hair does look fab with this cut, i am aiming for bsl, love the subtle layers look also. :D

Alex Lou
June 9th, 2011, 11:12 PM
The cut looks great. You have really beautiful hair.

Dragon
June 9th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I like the before and after. I'm glad you are happy with it :)

MomOf2Gremlins
June 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I can only agree with the others; it looks absolutely georgeous! Color, layers as well as the length! It's actually exactly how my goal length looks like! ;)
I'm glad you're happy after the cut!

KittyLost
June 9th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Your old hair and new hair are beautiful. It looks so healthy and shiny! I'm glad you're happy with your hair, that's what it is all about no matter what length it is :)

auroraclio
June 9th, 2011, 11:57 PM
It looks amazing!

pixiestar
June 10th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Your hair is beautiful, I love the new cut:D

julliams
June 10th, 2011, 12:42 AM
I really do like the new cut on you and your face just lights up so you can see how much you are pleased with it. This post does help me because I am kind of in a similar situation but not anywhere near your length and my goals are different.

I also wanted to add that your new part looks really good on you.

Quezie
June 10th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I think your hair will look beautiful at any length. :)

bettylibertine
June 10th, 2011, 12:48 AM
It looks absolutely lovely. And your hair looks SO soft! Good on you :)

AnnaJamila
June 10th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I bet your ends feel amazing! Both looks are lovely, though you do look much glowier and happier in the shorter pic.

FYI, your before shot is about my goal, sans the lovely waves!

UltraBella
June 10th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I love it !!!!!!!!!!! I have been wanting to cut back to your new length for months and your beautiful pic makes me want to do it even more ! I even invoked the two week rule a couple months back but then chickened out and only trimmed about 3 inches.
You give me hope that if I do it, I might not regret it after all. Thank you !!
Enjoy your gorgeous hair !

Toadstool
June 10th, 2011, 01:51 AM
I like it better at the new length- you look lovely!

Merlin
June 10th, 2011, 01:58 AM
OMG - that is lovely :-)

Una
June 10th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Very pretty :)

2peasinapod
June 10th, 2011, 02:16 AM
I have to say it looks great both ways! Your hair is beautiful, and it looks so soft and bouncy now! :flower:

Fufu
June 10th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Your hair is incredibly beautiful both before and after the cut :)

I'm happy to hear you are happy with the hair cut ^_^

Elainehali
June 10th, 2011, 02:42 AM
very pretty! Big chops can be refreshing as you can focus more energy on other parts of your life.

CarpeDM
June 10th, 2011, 03:49 AM
I love your new cut and think it looks great on you!

homeeduk8tor
June 10th, 2011, 04:46 AM
That is a fantastic look for you!

mrs_coffee
June 10th, 2011, 06:02 AM
It's really beautiful. Love the new cut.

Zesty
June 10th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Beautiful. :) Looks very healthy and pretty in both the before and after pics.

Cathyish
June 10th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Your new length is very flattering!

newbeginning
June 10th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Looks great and I like how the layers frame your face.

spitfire511
June 10th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Agreed with the others! It looks lovely! :blossom:

Lilli
June 10th, 2011, 06:41 AM
It looks wonderful! I think the shorter length is more flattering to your lovely oval face. I think I would like my own hair to be the same length as your new cut.

mellie
June 10th, 2011, 06:55 AM
That is really lovely! I personally love that length, I think it's perfect!

DavidN
June 10th, 2011, 06:59 AM
It does look very good, both with your former length, and after your cut as well. It is thick, shiny, and healthy, and I am delighted that you are happy with the results!:flower:

MonaLisa
June 10th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Looks good on you and it's still very long :)

But i'd lie if i said i don't feel a bit sad too. the first picture is amazing, so shiny and healthy and perfect.

Silverdragn7385
June 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
...Can I have your waves & volume? :P

Rocket22
June 10th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Wow you have beautiful hair and I have to say I like the cut better!!! I personally don't think everyone needs to have long hair. As much as I love love love long hair when it's long I want it shorter, it's fun to change it up! congratulations!!!!

Madora
June 10th, 2011, 08:23 AM
What a wonderful gesture, Miss MB! Your hair is still beautiful and will grow again! Bless you for your thoughtfullness!

honeyblonde
June 10th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Wow, your hair is still long and beautiful!! :blossom:

curlymarcia
June 10th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I love your current length as well as the longer one. Your hair is sooo pretty, the color, the waves, and volume. I hope your scalp is better now.

Babyfine
June 10th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I love it!! And it's still long. Love the layered look at the ends-wish my hair was thick enought to pull that off.

Calaelen
June 10th, 2011, 09:06 AM
The new look is so nice on you, of course the longer length was beautiful too, but I can totally see what you mean about the practicality of the new cut, and it suits you so well!! Congrats on loving your hair :)

AuburnTresses
June 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
It looks beautiful! :) I'm so glad you are happy with your hair.

Fairlight63
June 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Your hair is still long & very pretty!

vintage88
June 10th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Your new cut looks lovely! :)

MissMB
June 10th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Wow!! Thank you all for such lovely compliments! The support of this community is always amazing. :D

I love super long hair too, but I agree it's not for everyone. Personally it did not feel like an urge to cut, it felt like a need. I just knew I it was time and I felt ready. My advice to those here considering cutting is to wait until you "know like you know" so you won't feel a hint of regret.

@MonaLisa
Thanks for the honesty, I agree it was nice hair in itself but I think it will look much better on someone else! :)

@Babyfine
Maybe my hair looks thick in the photos but to me it's quite average! I'm sure you could pull it off if your stylist worked with your particlar hair type. Good luck!

@Calaelen
Thank you! Yes, I think 'practical' is my new favorite word lately. I'm always asking myself, "But is this practical??".

"Long hair comes in many lengths--you just have to find the one that suits you."
--Darkhorse1

I love that!!

NotInPortland
June 10th, 2011, 06:10 PM
The shorter hair looks fantastic, and is really still quite long outside of LHC standards so still plenty of length for certain upstyles :)

long&blonde
June 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Beautiful!

leslissocool
June 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I love both the lengths actually! I honestly do not see the long hair as unflattering, it looked amazing.

But I do think you look amazing with the new haircut too, and if it fits your lifestyle to me that is a total win. Congrats, and for what's worth BSL is still quite long! I love the volume if the new haircut, so sexy!

Tuntenut
June 11th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I love the new look. It suits you very well. And kudos for being brave enough to chop it off. Your long hair looked very healthy and I'm sure you've put a LOT of work into it, so I want to applaud you for realizing that it wasn't what you want and then doing something about it.
I have a feeling some of us LHC'ers can get a little caught up in the "just another inch" mentality (I know I can) and forget to stop and think if it's really what we want. Thank you for showing us that it's possible to chop off so many inches and still have hair that looks long and gorgeous. :thumbsup:

boomtownrat
June 11th, 2011, 09:29 AM
That's very flattering and beautiful! :)

QueenJoey
June 11th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Ooooh I LOVE it! It's very flattering, so the attention isn't so much on your long gorgeous hair, and more on your pretty face. Congrats. I wish I could chop off a bunch of hair and have it still look as beautiful as yours.

spidermom
June 11th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Oh how pretty - both before and after. I'm glad it feels light and wonderful for you.

xoerincolleen
June 11th, 2011, 11:41 AM
It looks really great! :)

Joliebaby
June 11th, 2011, 11:58 AM
It's very lovely, and still long (looks like almost waist length). The before was pretty too, such healthy hair, but extra super long hair isn't the end-all be-all. It's more important that we enjoy our hair and have fun with it :)

jojo
June 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Both lengths look really pretty; I am liking it!

flowerlovelong
June 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Looks really pretty! But it does look longer than BSL...

CurlAhead
June 11th, 2011, 02:15 PM
It looks great, and I am glad that you do not regret it!! :)

Mrspuddinhead
June 11th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Personally I think your hair looks beautiful BSL!! My hair is currently at BSL and it isn't nearly as beautiful as yours. Talk about serious hair envy.

islandboo
June 11th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Your hair is lovely and still plenty long, plus it is strong and healthy :D I'm glad you are so happy with it!

nazzooyzo
June 11th, 2011, 03:38 PM
looks great, i'd say even better now!

dragonmyst
June 11th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Awesomesauce!

The bottom line is that it works for YOU! It is gorgeous, both before and after. Glad you love it.

McFearless
June 11th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Your hair is still long and I think the cut is beautiful. You look great :)

share801
June 12th, 2011, 02:34 AM
You look wonderful!

bluesnowflake
June 12th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Wow! I'm glad you're happy with it, it looks beautiful! Your hair is so shiny and healthy.

Vespertine
June 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Gorgeous hair and you look younger! Congrats!

clairenewcastle
June 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM
You hair looks amazing!

missoj
June 23rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
Your hair looks really nice at this length. I love the movement that the cut gave you.

October
June 23rd, 2011, 07:47 AM
Your hair looks great! And it still qualifies as long hair. :D

Sweetie
June 23rd, 2011, 08:25 AM
wow! you had lovely hair and you still have, with your new cut! And It actually looks much longer than BSL, I wish my BSL would result this long!!!! Beautiful!

Akiko
June 23rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Looks wonderful, missMB. Pantene Beautiful Lengths is a great place to donate to!

lorelai2012
June 23rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Wow. Not many people have hair that long that's that healthy looking- but I really like your new hair. Its very chic, it's basically the hair I want- but I have some way to go before its that shiny and healthy!

Spring
June 23rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Your hair looks beautiful at both lengths :blossom:

jujube
June 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Your hair looks great! And it still qualifies as long hair. :D

This. I really like it.

LoversLullaby
June 23rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Your hair is beautiful both then and now. And it's so great you found a good place to donate your hair to. :cheese:

pink.sara
June 23rd, 2011, 02:50 PM
I echo all the compliments :flower:

Your hair was beautiful super long and it's beautiful (and still very long IMHO now) but the layers and movement around your face are Gorgeous.

Your hair is my idea of the perfect goal in a few years time!

I hope you enjoy the change :)

princessp
June 23rd, 2011, 02:53 PM
Wow your hair is so pretty (both ways)! The most important thing is that you are happy with it. :)