PDA

View Full Version : Been here at LHC for a little over a year [Pic inside :P]

Pandora.
June 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM
And all I can say is THANK YOU for all the help you've given me for getting better hair :)

This time last year I had very, thin, dry, weak, brittle, damaged hair which I couldn't do anything with. It was long, but it wasn't looking good at all. With some TLC and patience my hair has grown rapidly. I now have almost 3/4 of my hair being and healthy and pretty thick, whereas a small amount of length is still damaged and brittle. If you saw my hair in real life you would see that my hair has changed a lot.

Now here's my hair a week ago. It's not a very clear pic (I'm awful at taking photos) but here you can see the back of my hair :P it's sort of messy and uneven waves but oh well. ;)

http://i53.tinypic.com/2sajb13.jpg

BeachBabe91
June 9th, 2011, 04:04 PM
It looks beautiful!! And it's soo long. How long have you gone without cutting it/from where was your growing point?

Slinks
June 9th, 2011, 04:39 PM
nice length !! :-)

Automne
June 9th, 2011, 04:43 PM
You have very pretty hair!:)

umbrellabones
June 9th, 2011, 05:22 PM
congrats! I hope to have the same luck:)

Kathie
June 9th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Congrats!! :flower:

jojo
June 9th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Goodness you have gone from apl to waist in a year???? brilliant growth!

Colourful
June 10th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Very pretty hair! I love the colour! :-)

pixiestar
June 10th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Congratulations, lovely hair:D

IanB
June 10th, 2011, 04:34 AM
It's looking great! Congratulations

sarah061
June 10th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Your hair is SO gorgeous!! :cloud9: It looks so healthy and pretty! Can't wait till I have your length - perfect!

Pandora.
June 10th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Thank you for your kind comments :)

I didn't have APL hair when I joined LHC, but I had APL hair a year before I joined. Ever since I had joined I have been trying to maintain the length and drastically improve the health of it. My hair is a lot longer than when I had joined, though. But the most drastic thing that has changed is the thickness. :P

honeyblonde
June 10th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Wow, that's some great growth!! Looks lovely! :)

Calaelen
June 10th, 2011, 09:12 AM
WOW! That really is a pic to be proud of! I remember when you first started, and need a push to give up the straightener and the bleach. Well it looks like you've at least given up the straightener, and look at what it's done for your hair! Huge difference :)

Pandora.
June 10th, 2011, 09:17 AM
^ YES!!! You remember correctly :D well I only get my virgin hair (roots) bleached now, and that has no effect on my hair health whatsoever as I only do it once, and I apply coconut oil to it anyways. The rest remains untouched by the bleach.

The straighteners however...well, they only get used about once a week, if that. Sometimes twice *hides in shame* hehe. It was hard to reduce the amount of times I was using them and it took a while, but as my hair's health improved I was able to leave it completely natural. The majority of the time I wear my hair in a big messy bun or I just have a simple ponytail which looks just as good when you have long hair I guess. :)

vintage88
June 10th, 2011, 11:44 AM
wish my hair was as long as yours!:)

Garnet66
June 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Your hair is so pretty. It looks like it's in good condition too. Congrats!

Pandora.
June 10th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Thank you :) but trust me, it took a lot of time, effort and patience to get my hair to where it is now. Sure, my hair isn't completely finished yet, but I know I've come a long way.

I did have AWFUL and extremely unhealthy hair. My hair had become soooo much thinner, to the point where even my own friends and family were concerned about it. So, to anyone who is suffering from hair problems right now, let me tell ya's, THERE IS HOPE!!!! :)

CastaDiva
June 10th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Gorgeous hair!

Alvrodul
June 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Lovely hair! And I am glad it is healthier now.
You know, there are other ways to wear your hair than in a ponytail - you could start looking into trying various buns - that would give you an excellent chance to try out pretty hairtoys! ;)

KittyLost
June 10th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks very thick!

Venefica
June 10th, 2011, 02:37 PM
You have very pretty hair and very nice color to it, it looks nice and healthy to me in your picture.

Kyla
June 10th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I am so jealous! :)

BrightEyes
June 10th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful, it looks very soft.