PDA

View Full Version : Split ends despite S&D

Prelude
June 9th, 2011, 02:44 PM
No matter how many times I seem to cut off these split ends, they keep coming back-seemingly worse than before. All these split ends are located where I used to have layers around my face, the longest layers are a couple inches shorter than the rest of my hair (waist length). I am trying to get a nice blunt hemline with as much growth as I can for my wedding, exactly one year from today. Any suggestions as to how to get rid of the split ends without losing too much length? All methods have seemingly failed me :(

Narya
June 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Maybe your S&D scissors are blunt... I know for sure that's my problem (that I could have worded exactly as you: I cut off a split end and in a matter of days it is back with some friends!). I haven't bought new ones yet, but I know that since I stopped S&D the split ends are "stalled": not less, but not noticeably more.

Check your scissors, that's my suggestion!

Leisje
June 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Definitely check your scissors!
I had this exact problem, so I bought some tweezerman stainless 2000 styling shears. What a difference! Super sharp. Now my ends stay soft and unsplit after a trim or S&D session.

EmiliaF
June 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Same thing happened to me. I did a lot of S&D-sessions and the split end just seemed to get more and more. Since I've stopped that I don't see an increase in splits. I also think it was because of the scissors... :cool:

jojo
June 9th, 2011, 02:58 PM
and me! splits much more less since I got some new scissors!

Prelude
June 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I guess I will have to find some new scissors and see the results-can anyone name their favorite and the price of it?