PDA

View Full Version : I haven't washed my hair in over a week.

PiroskaCicu
June 9th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Ok, so this may not seem like a long time for some of you here...but it's a big deal for me! :) I used to wash my hair every other day, but after getting a very bad sunburn, I was unable to use shampoo as it would sting and irritate my skin. So I've been using water only to wash my hair. :D My hair LOVED it. It is much softer and my scalp is happier. So I decided from now on I will wash my hair with shampoo & conditioner far less than I used to, maybe once a week or twice a week. Yay!

sun-kissed
June 9th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Oh that's great! I was camping when I realized I should try WO, being I forgot my shampoo. My hair is forever greatful, and it's so much less to do in the shower!

embee
June 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Interesting, isn't it!

I went on the NW/SO routine in October. So far so good, only now that I'm working in the garden I've needed to rinse my scalp (can you say Serious Sweat!). Easily done by putting the length into a topknot and covering that with a showercap twisted around and over. Hair loves it!

It was *wonderful* all winter long - no wet hair dripping down my back in this chilly drafty house!

Amber_Maiden
June 9th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Yep! Thats what I do!:D

sibiryachka
June 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Funny, I went a week without washing sort of by accident, while we were all caught up in moving. It was by far the longest I've ever stretched washes, and it went way better than I'd have expected; keeping it covered almost full-time seems to have been what made the difference.
Today is day 2 since that last wash, and as I was hoping might be the case, I can definitely wait until at least tomorrow to wash again. I've been washing every other day since forever, and usually if I stretch to day 3 it's a greasepit that could solve the energy crisis, so this is big news for me!

IanB
June 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I only wash my hair with shampoo once a week. Then mid washes I just rinse in warm water and condition - seems to work!

Alvrodul
June 9th, 2011, 04:06 PM
It sounds like your hair is having a nice holiday and is enjoying the experience. :D

pepperminttea
June 9th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Funny how a little incidental thing like getting a sunburn can change an old habit. :) Glad it's working for you!