PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair surprise

Slinks
June 9th, 2011, 01:19 AM
This is about a long hair sighting that turned into a surprise .. I sighted a lady with long unkempt hair, her whole being was unkempt BUT her hair was LONG, I was in the car with my MIL, my daughter and her friend (they all know my obsession with growing my hair :-) so I commented saying, look how long her hair is, they were all like "huh" and I said look past the dirtiness and look at the length of the hair, it's a gorgeous length and they all started talking at once !! they said my hair was longer than that by at least 1 inch !!! I had no idea !! :-) lol, made my day

:cheese:

Sundial
June 9th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah I also have the tendency to think that my hair is shorter than it really is :o You can take length shots to keep things in perspective! Guess you are officially feeling like a longhair now!

jojo
June 9th, 2011, 04:53 AM
I am always doing this. I pointed out a girl with beautiful bsl hair to my husband saying I wish my hair was that long, he was like your joking your way longer. Ha I suppose I am, its not until I see a photo of my length of hair that I think where did that come from!

terpentyna
June 9th, 2011, 04:56 AM
People tend to believe my hair is shorter than it really is because of my height. Except for my sister, she always seems shocked by how much my hair has grown, and that always makes me feel good, so I know the feeling : )

dulce
June 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM
That made your day, I bet!Congratulations!!It's nice to finally reach that really long stage.

nena_shawty
June 9th, 2011, 11:41 AM
WHen my mom comments on my hair getting longer then i feel all warm and happy inside lol
my mom isnt really into long hair although she has long hair.

PianoPlaye
June 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Yes! Congratulations! Supportive family are worth their weight in rubies. I only realise how long my hair is when it still sticks out from the bathtowel.
I've recently taken to wearing the braid pinned up, so I can't fiddle with the ends. Conceals the length yet further.

dulce
June 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Slinks,how about an updated pic?

sarah061
June 9th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Aww, thats nice to hear! I love to hear when family and friends think my hair looks long (even though I never believe them, haha)

Slinks
June 9th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks every-one :-) it did make my day, I just never thought my hair was that long .. Dulce I will take an update and put it side by side with my siggy .. I just had a micro trim, which makes it all the more astonishing, so will give it a few weeks before taking the pic .. :-)

dulce
June 9th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I'll bet it's past your waist now,gives me hope as I'm still aiming for waist.

Beatrice
June 15th, 2011, 08:33 PM
This keeps happening to me! APL and BSL both crept up on me. I wear my hair up every day, pretty much all day, and I don't measure. When I came home from school in the winter and summer, the hair was the first thing everyone commented on.

It's nice when people notice your length, but not when the next thing they inevitably say is, "You need a trim!" *facepalm*