PDA

View Full Version : Best hemline for men??

Vampire
June 9th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Going to get my hair trimmed soon and thought i'll drag my DH along, he haven't had his hair cut for a year? (growing out from short)
Was just thinking what is the best hemline for men? somehow blunt doesnt seem right in my eye :shrug:

tiny_teesha
June 9th, 2011, 12:21 AM
If you don't like blunt, just don't trim it, have it look all rugged and fairytale like. I've seen guys with blunt hems on the boards and i think it looks really nice and healthy. So depends on the look he is going for i guess.

Sundial
June 9th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I agree with tiny_teesha! There are a few here with blunt hemlines and they look really good with it. Otherwise fairy tale ends seem fine too

MeganE
June 9th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Ahem, I think you mean "Rugged, manly, demon-tale" ends. :D

Mesmerise
June 9th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Ahem, I think you mean "Rugged, manly, demon-tale" ends. :D

Yeah... "rugged" and "fairytale" just don't go right together, do they?? :D

Aredhel77
June 9th, 2011, 04:08 AM
....dragon-tail? lol :grnbiggri

terpentyna
June 9th, 2011, 04:38 AM
I tend to associate blunt hemlines with men for some reason.

Forest
June 9th, 2011, 05:50 AM
I think men can choose just like women, it is more an individual/style issue than a man/women thing.

celebriangel
June 9th, 2011, 06:10 AM
My DBF sports a BSL blunt hemline, which looks awesome on him. I think a soft U would be nice too but not a larger one.

I also have a 1a F i male friend with waist-length blond hair which tapers into wisps at the end. It looks like...er, a fairy-tale. Um. It is quite lovely. It's sort of accidentally V-shaped.

I think it depends on the hair and the man :)

KittyLost
June 9th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I think blunt or fairytale or U when I think of long male hair. I've never seen a male with a V-hemline.

IanB
June 9th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Whatever suits is probably best

Hiriel
June 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I think blunt or fairytale or U when I think of long male hair. I've never seen a male with a V-hemline.

Other way around here - I've hardly ever seen a man with a blunt hemline! Most men with long hair here are metal dudes, who seem to go for the rugged fairy-, ahem, demon-tale ends.

Slinks
June 9th, 2011, 05:01 PM
lol .. I would probably get him to have a U line

MissManda
June 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I think men can choose whatever hemline they like best; I don't think there is one specific hem that looks the best and I've seen long-haired men with all kinds of hair and hemlines that look nice.

My DF prefers a moderate U-shaped hemline for his thick, APL, 2c/3a hair, so that's what I cut for him when he asks for a trim.

Kherome
June 9th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I think blunt hems are best for women. I find them feminine. I like a V otherwise known as "faerytail" ends on a guy with long hair. Though I don't care for long hair on men in general.

BlazingHeart
June 9th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I think men can rock all of the kinds of hemlines available. With straight hair, my preference is for one of the blunt hemlines; with curly, I prefer dragon-tale ends.

~Blaze

owlathena
June 9th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I'm agreeing with everyone whos said dragon-tale. I think perfectly blunt hemlines of any sort can look feminine. But really it just depends on what suits him.

Dragon
June 10th, 2011, 12:08 AM
I think fairytale ends, straight and V hemlines looks best on guys.

nellreno
June 10th, 2011, 12:17 AM
I think it depends on their particular hair type and length and just what they prefer.

I think men can rock the blunt ends and 'fairytale' ends as well as women. I hadn't seen a man with blunt ends until I joined this site, but I think it's more that around here there's not a lot of longhaired men.

IanB
June 10th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Well, some blokes get a lot of problems when growing their hair - many employers discriminate, some are called effiminate, some younger guys are bullied, some religions ban it. Pity really, as historically, men almost always had long hair. Still it's forums like this that help make us guys feel more comfortable with longer hair - so give us your support ladies!