PDA

View Full Version : Suave Professionals Styling Line

GlassWidow
June 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM
My free coupon finally came, so I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to pick up. Has anyone tried the new formulations, and if so would you be willing to share some feedback?

Currently, I cowash but don't use any styling products. I feel like I could get better wave definition if I used something; my hair is fine and I feel like it gets weighed down easily. A few weeks ago, I tried a few spritzes of the Garnier root booster gel I have but the results weren't great. It made my hair look stringy as it dried, which meant I had to comb, which meant the waves were just blah. I tried some mousse I've had forever (Regis salon brand) but I didn't love that, either. I've had it forever because I wasn't impressed with it even when I was heat styling.

So, I'm considering either the Suave Professionals captivating curl spray gel or one of their mousses (the volumizing one is silicone free but full of alcohol; the curl one is the opposite). The silicone doesn't upset me that much because I do end up washing with shampoo once in a great while for a variety of reasons.

Has anyone tried these, or any other styling products in this line? TIA!

Macaroni
June 8th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I'm intrigued by your statement that their Volumizing Mousse is full of alcohol. I received a full size as a gift for answering their survey.

Here's a link that states no alcohol, so please click on Ingredients:

http://www.suave.com/professionals/shampoo-conditioner#/Professionals-Styling/Volumizing-Mousse

Can the hair experts tell which one or more is alcohol?

GlassWidow
June 8th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Ok, I guess I typed that wrong...but it's the isobutane, propane and butane that I'm not fond of.

Have you tried it? Do you like it?

Macaroni
June 9th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Ok, I guess I typed that wrong...but it's the isobutane, propane and butane that I'm not fond of.

Have you tried it? Do you like it?

I like it, having used it three times so far. I have to keep it off my ends, though, or it makes them a little dry.