PDA

View Full Version : Different products for different seasons

miss legs
June 8th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hi its winter in South Africa and I noticed that my summer product regiment is not working so well.Do we have to change products during the winter?I got curly,kinky hair.I have tried numerous hair supplements and products,but nothing gave me the wow my hair is growing factor.I am oilling my hair regularly and I am using sulphate free products.I used chemical treatments about 5-6 ago,but still there is no real improvement in the growth of my hair.My hair is brittle and breaking off ...there goes the little growth ..

tigr
June 13th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I've noticed that many people on LHC change products during the winter. They switch to heavier oils and conditioners and use less humectants if the air is dry.

Hope this helps!

Jcv-Shelley
June 13th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Adding in to what's been said; many people do change their routines often throughout the year. For example, WO works just fine for me during spring. Although, during the summer I sweat too much and it leaves a not-so-pleasing smell, so I CO. Some advice I've gotten for winter-time is to wear your hair up so it won't be blown all over the place. Some treatments I'd suggest you'd try is the SMT, Fox's Shea Butter, and the Caramel Treatment. If you can't do any of those then you could try deep oiling overnight :)

ETA: Oh, and if your hair is humid; then adding honey to your routine might not be a bad idea either.