PDA

View Full Version : Decisions...Decisions

Annie Fulton
June 7th, 2011, 10:08 PM
So, I've been thinking about growing out my bangs for a while now. I like them a lot, but I also kinda want to see if I like my hair better without them. I have finally decided to go ahead and do it. If I don't like it, I can always cut my bangs back, right?

Has anyone else had/having a growing-out-bangs experience? :p

ksanka02
June 7th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I had bangs for 18 years, I just thought my face would look ugly without them. Then I moved to US and never cut my bangs again. I love that my hair now little thicker and you don't have to worry about styling bangs every day.:applause

sun-kissed
June 7th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I grew out my bangs when I was... ten, maybe? So I don't really remember much about it, except my grandmother telling me how horrible the very idea of me doing it was.
But I have never gone back to bangs. Mostly because I have a fear of change, and can't stand to cut off all. that. hair.
I remember I liked them when I had them, and they made me very cute, but even if I wanted to go back to them I couldn't, my face oil already is horrible on my framing hair, I would hate to see what would happen if I had hair covering my forehead. o.o

Juneii
June 7th, 2011, 10:19 PM
yup, I got tired of the blunt bangs I had and grew them out over the past few months, I got bored and irritated at how flat my hair looks so I cut them back to blunt again. Why not mess around with my bangs? I look better with some sort of face framing strands anyway, it keeps me from wanting to cut the rest of my hair. :)

Kathie
June 7th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I've grown out my bangs and re-cut them many times. For me growing out bangs is getting them to chin length because that's where my face framing layers start. I've never had any terrible problems with it. I just use clips and headbands to hold back the bits I'm growing out.

gthlvrmx
June 7th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I recently found out i have "bangs" at the last school rally when i put on a sweater -_- They're skinny and thin, but i never noticed them after all these years. Honestly, i hate having them, they get in your eye, in your mouth, and they split and break more because the winds whips them out of my updo. I call them man bands, just two thin ones going down my forehead and past my nose. Stretched length is an inch or two past my jaw, but it's the shortest layer on my head, they deffinitely grew sooo. Sorry, i just feel so uncomfortable with having such short little hairs spewing everywhere!

Mesmerise
June 7th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I recently found out i have "bangs" at the last school rally when i put on a sweater -_- They're skinny and thin, but i never noticed them after all these years. Honestly, i hate having them, they get in your eye, in your mouth, and they split and break more because the winds whips them out of my updo. I call them man bands, just two thin ones going down my forehead and past my nose. Stretched length is an inch or two past my jaw, but it's the shortest layer on my head, they deffinitely grew sooo. Sorry, i just feel so uncomfortable with having such short little hairs spewing everywhere!

Oooh I have some hair like this too... I guess it's cause I had lots of shedding last year? Even though I shouldn't technically have layers I have short hair all around my head, in the front like bangs, on the sides over my ears, and at the back too!

As for growing out bangs, I've done it a few times! It can be a little irritating in the growing out stages, but it never bothered me that much (of course, I used to blow dry the front of my hair, so I would put a bit of mousse in the bangs, and then blow dry them up and away froom my face).

The good thing about bangs if if you don't like your face without them, they're easy to cut in again!

NaiadOreiad
June 8th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I am growing out my very short bangs that I got cut in october. I enjoy the process of gorwing them to see what they look like at different lengths. Its fun to try something new!

MonaLisa
June 8th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Me!
I've been growing them out for few months. they were rly short - you can see in my album history...and now they are past chin length...

I have same problem. i really like bangs, they make my huge forehead look more normal :D
but yes, can always cut them..
and i'm very undecided about if i want them or not...sigh...
DBF likes both ways..if only he could choose for me :D

KittyLost
June 8th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I grew out blunt bangs when I was 17, and within a year I had chin length side bangs that I loved and required minimal effort. I then cut them blunt again, grew them into a much shorter side bang and now keep swapping between blunt and short side bangs. I can't seem to grow them anymore, just stuck in a search for perfect bangs. I prefer bangs as I like some hair around my face but it does get awkawd growing them out, have lots of clips and be ready to braid, quiff and pin them away to stop them getting annoying and feeling the urge to cut.

Zindell
June 8th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I like them a lot, but I also kinda want to see if I like my hair better without them.

Go on and try it! I just did, and I let them grow for about three years, although I loved my bangs. I think they make me look younger, and I think my forehead is a little too "high" to show.

I felt fine growing them for about two/three years, then I started to get tired of my look. I was a bit anxious cutting them back after all this time, but I started with just cutting a few strands in the middle, then some more after a few days ... then a little more.
My new bangs are not as "wide" as they used to be three years back so they are less obvious than back then.

I am really glad I cut them back. I feel younger again. :D
Also, when I put my hair up I don't look as harsh as when I was without bangs.

So go on and try it! It's very easy to change it back if you regret it further on!
I might very well grow them out again sometime in the future. It's a fun way to change your look while still keeping the long hair. :)

owlathena
June 8th, 2011, 01:49 AM
I kind of have bangs right now from breakage due to wearing metal clips every day. I like that I have some wispys in the front because they give me more volume framing my face.

jojo
June 8th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I have had a fringe all my life apart from the last 4 years when I grew them to bsl but they where wispy and thin. I felt naked and thought I looked too severe when my hair was up, so in April I cut a blunt fringe in and never looked back. I much prefer having a fringe as it hides my high forehead and makes updo's so much softer. I also leave my length alone, I will probably sway from blunt to side fringe but would never grow mine fully out again.

Rakae
June 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I hated having bangs and grew them out, and am very glad I did. Once they get long enough to tuck behind your ears it's a great feeling of progress, and no longer annoying