PDA

View Full Version : what next after a heavy shed

Heartwillfollow
June 7th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Often read what others were experiencing going through a shed and not understood what it was.. Well lol I know what a major shed is now,, never experienced one before, seemed like for 4 days of almost hand fulls of hair coming off my head.. It's hormonal , am sure of it due to my age of 45 and some p-meno symptoms showing up (not strong) but occuring so am sure it was a hormal drop and reblance my body was doing..

just never see that much hair shed out before (it was wild) thank goodness for LHC for understanding what was happening or I would of freaked over it..

It's stopped now,, is that the end of it, until I have another hormonal shift.. I have average thickness 4 1/4 " so it's not noticible..

does what I lost start growing back????

MonaLisa
June 8th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Yes i think it does. You will be dealing with lots of baby hairs soon hopefully :)
Castor oil can help them grow faster :)

Heartwillfollow
June 8th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Thanks MonaLisa :)

Mesmerise
June 8th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Oh 4 days of major shed isn't so bad ;) Try three months! That is AWFUL because you just don't know when it will stop!!

Anyway, any hair you lost will grow back, and as you've got plenty of hair to begin with you probably won't even really notice the regrowth! I think over 4" of circ is definitely above average too, so you're lucky ;) It's when you're barely a ii (or even a i) naturally that a shed can make a lot of difference to your hair!

MonaLisa
June 8th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Also you might wanna change your hair type to iii or at least ii/iii ;)

Heartwillfollow
June 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks.. :) I will :)

Mesmerise,, am so sorry I had no idea (hugs your way for good hair thoughts :) ) months at a time would be harsh...

Mesmerise
June 8th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks.. :) I will :)

Mesmerise,, am so sorry I had no idea (hugs your way for good hair thoughts :) ) months at a time would be harsh...

Oh it is, but ANY shedding at all is stressful even just a few days because you wonder if it will just keep going and going! Even now if I lose a few extra hairs in one day I panic! Fortunately, I've found LHC now, so heaps of advice here!

ravenreed
June 8th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I had surgery a few months ago and lost a bunch of hair. It is now growing back and about chin length. Kind of annoying to have so many hairs that length when the rest are all nearing classic but at least they are coming back!

Rakae
June 8th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah my mom had that and it all grew back you'll be fine