PDA

View Full Version : Wedding advice

Eire
June 7th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Hey LHC!

I did a quick test-run for the hair do I'll have for my wedding on Saturday. The hairstylist put it in a half updo with the length curled with a curling iron. It looked pretty, but a couple hours later got limp and started falling. She says that on the real day she'll use more hair products to keep it in place. I am wondering, though, if a wet-set would be better for a day-long hair do. My hair keeps REALLY well if wet-set, but tends to be a little wilder/more voluminous. Also, the top part would be bumpier from the curls. I don't really mind that look since I think curly hair looks natural if the top part is bumpy in an updo, but it might not look as "sleek." But at the same time I don't want it all limp and straggly looking from falling-out curling iron curls.

Is there any input or advice you long-haired have? When I had shorter hair I used to curling iron it every day, but I always had to touch up around 3 o'clock. I have not used heat products of any kind for about two years, so I don't really know how it would react to curling iron curls in a day long event. I'm going to wet-set it tonight and send my hairdressers pictures to compare (they are spiral curlers), but I thought people with really long hair might have good knowledge of the issue as well.

xoerincolleen
June 7th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I don't know how you usually use your curlers when you wet set your hair, but maybe you could just do the hair from the ears down (not rolled all the way to the scalp) to help keep the top sleek. The stylist could touch up the curls with a curling iron, but the majority of the curl would be there. I used to do this for dances and other semi-formal events and it worked pretty well.

ETA: Also, congrats on the wedding! :)

Slinks
June 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
dirty hair is easier to keep in a style too .. when I got my hair done for my wedding my hairdresser asked me not to wash my hair for 4 days :-)

Eire
June 9th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the tips! I am going to do the curling iron curls since I think they look more formal, but just hairspray it a looot! :)

embee
June 9th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Way to go! One day in your life, fix it best you can, whatever products you need. It's not going to hurt as long as you don't rip a comb through heavily hairsprayed hair! :)

PianoPlaye
June 9th, 2011, 01:49 PM
My wedding hairdresser was appalled I'd washed my hair that morning. Did a grand job anyway.

Congratulations, & have a wonderful time! :cloud9: