PDA

View Full Version : So, I just learned something..

Safira
June 7th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Remember, when I was so down couple of months ago, whining that my hair is splitting?
Well, yesterday I couldnīt get sleep and I wondered around the internet, reading curly stuff. Suddenly it hit me.

I canīt use at summer all my conditioners, just only Giovanni 50:50, Smooth as Silk and Nutri-Repair and of course, protein treatments. I canīt use any leave-in, expect those which I mentioned. Usually I pack all my conditioners away, and settle with the left.

If I use Glycerol, my hair comes awful: brittle, tangle and frizz and tears. Iīve noticed before this, because I have pure glyserol and sometimes I can use it, usually autumn, winter and spring. Never at summertime. Trust me, Iīve tried.

How can I be such an idiot? My hair is porous!! Thatīs why it tangles, splits, never get enough moisture, sometimes Iīm wondering if I should shave the whole problem away.
Iīve treat it wrongly, thatīs why it doesenīt behave.

So, this summer Iīm going to treat it better. Iīm going to try some Cassia, Honeysuckle Rose, protein and lots of patience.
I never tried Cassia before, but I believe itīs good for porous hair.

Yay, Iīm exited! Finally I see some light! :happydance:

Night_Kitten
June 7th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I'm glad you found the problem, and that it's relatively simple to fix! :D
Good luck wit finding the best routine for your hair :)

jojo
June 7th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Its great when you find a solution and I hope your new methods work well for you.

Scarlet_Heart
June 7th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Protein Filler (http://www.amazon.com/Spilo-Neutral-Protein-Filler-1-2oz/dp/B00099QZOW) Works well for this also. I use it before I henna.

Gaelle27
June 7th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Congratulations and good luck!:cheese:

Safira
June 8th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Awww... Thank you sweeties.

Scarlet Heart Iīve heart about Protein Filler. Have you used it? Iīve heart that itīs good for hair. Iīve used Aphogee 2 step, really hard-core protein treatment.

Last spring I used it once per week and arfter 3 months my hair told that ease a little bit. They didnīt have overdose, but they were very strong. I wondered that and started a topic about it here, but now itīs clear: of course my hair loves protein.

Iīve been interested over 2 years about my hair wellness and studied about hair all over internet. I was very upset that my hair didnīt respond my pampering the way I expect. Well, now Iīm going to try differently.

I studied about oiling with CurlyGirl-forum, they wrote about oiling, that thereīs something different about oiling porous hair. But no tips. Do anyone here have a clue what that means?
Do I have to stop oiling, or at least heavy-oiling?

Today Iīm going to have protein treatment and then moisturizing treatment. I wonder what are the results with different kind of conditioner and technique.

Sorry for long post and my poor english. Actually Iīm getting better with writing all the time, I notice the difference already :D

Monkie
June 8th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I use Aphogee at home all the time and love it, time consuming, but afterwards, my hair feels 100% NEW again. I've cassia'd before and liked the conditioning, but as a blonde, it left my hair with a bit of a yellow/orange tint I couldn't come to terms with.

Scarlet_Heart
June 8th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Well, I hear that coconut oil seals protein in your hair. Coconut oil makes my ends crunchy but that might be because I have too much protein in my hair already. So maybe give coconut oil a try?

I don't know, I'm still experimenting with oils to see which ones work best in my hair.

sunnydays
June 8th, 2011, 09:34 AM
i have curly hair to and its always dry i have to use really intense conditioners and sometimes i leave the conditioners in and dont wash it out and my hair stays nice and soft and sucks it up, have you tried styling with intense conditioners, some really intense ones hold the curls really really well

tigr
June 13th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Sorry for [...] my poor english. Actually Iīm getting better with writing all the time, I notice the difference already :D
Your writing is getting pretty good! :)

shikara
June 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Do let us know how it goes!!! I'll be watching this thread. I've wondered the same thing about my hair - is it mechanically damaged? need protein? porous? buildup? hard water? - it's frustrating, isn't it, when you cannot find a method to improve your hair. I tried a protein shampoo and condish but it really dried my hair out and the moisturizing didn't seem to penetrate???? WTH! Well, tomorrow I'll chelate with club soda, use my new shampoo bar, and rinse with lemon - see what happens. Really looking forward to finding a routine that works!!!

Hope your new AHA methods work very well for you!

KatiSasha
June 13th, 2011, 10:49 AM
You sent me on the google search because your AHA! was my "lightbulb going off" moment too. I found this cool link http://keepitsimplesista.blogspot.com/2009/09/porous-hair.html - you can test if your hair is porous and waht you need to do in one case or another. Thanks for the idea!

edit: Now the issue is that my bottom 9 inches are porous due to the damage and the top 4 are pretty much normal...

Peggy E.
June 13th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Your English writing is just fine - it's certainly understandable, which is more than a whole lot of people can say about what is passing for "English" anymore!

Glad you hit on an answer to the problem and that the answer is something you can quickly, and easily, execute. Should be a much happier summer for you - now, get some sleep! ;o)

gthlvrmx
June 13th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I talked about porous hair yesterday on here and tried the little tests, and of course it's what i had expected. Curly hair just naturally is a little more porous.
I have a link :)
http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/home.htm
This site helped me the most yesterday, right on the dot.
There's also a simpler test to find out porosity, just take a strand and rub it from end to scalp, if it's really rough it's really porous, if it's really smooth, it's not. And if it's somewhere in between, well it's in between.
Coarser hair, those thicker strands, tend to be more porous on me, the fine hairs aren't.