PDA

View Full Version : The products you use... How well are they working for you?

BeccaAngel
June 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I currently started to use two new products for my hair and my face. I was tired of the humidity affecting my hair so badly that i decided to try out my mom's conditioner TRESemme Climate control. And it worked really well for what brand it is.

I'm not usually using TRESemme because it didn't work so well with my hair in the past. But since I tried this kind, I am really happy with the results and I bought my own bottle.

As for my new face wash its Biore Blemish fighting ice cleanser. Now that brand i have used before just not this specific face wash. I gave it a try and although the fragrance is rather wrong, I do like the cooling sensation and its been working pretty well with my skin.

What kind of products do you like most for your hair and skin? What worked and what didn't work so well?

p.s. sorry if this is the wrong forum for this subject:)

JadeTigress
June 6th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what I like best. :p But so far for my hair, coconut oil is fabulous, and my Suave Naturals Aloe & Waterlily that I use for CO is working well, too. My hair is super super super oily, so I never would've thought that letting a bunch of conditioner and oil sit on my hair would be a good idea, but it's working out extremely well for me so far. Those are really the only two products I use on my hair (unless hair toys count :p ), until I start using my castor oil tonight, and rooibos and black teas when I get around to buying them.

As far as skin goes, I don't really have a favorite. My skin is even more oily than my hair, and is all broken out and blackheaded, and nothing works on it to cut the grease or clear up blemishes. I'm getting ready to try OCM tonight, using Castor and Coconut oils since that's all I have right now, and if that works, then those will be my favorite skin products. I'm semi-hopeful since oil has worked so well on my oily hair, so I don't see why it wouldn't help my oily skin.

ange1ito
June 6th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Clinique moisturiser, and using oils like coconut or castor for my dried ends :-D

ladyfey
June 6th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Chagrin Valley shampoo, any cheap-o conditioner. For face, Evan Healy products and Chagrin Valley's face and eye cream. Awesome!

Madora
June 6th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I've been using the George Michael Pink Shampoo and his white creamy conditioner since 1982. Great stuff!

Just recently tried the Tresemme Naturals Conditioner with Aloe and Avocado (no sillicones) and was very pleased. Has a light scent and a little goes a LONG way.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO -- I use the Bertolli brand) has been fabulous! Heartily recommended.

I'm not into skin care all that much and use Neutrogena hand soap.

Kathie
June 6th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I'm also using CV bars and ACV on my hair. Sometimes I condition and then I like to use the Body Shop, cone free, rainforest shine conditioner or their deep conditioning treatment- rainforest moisture hair butter.
For my face I like dove soap but to moisturize I love Dermalogica intensive moisture balance. I haven't brought it for a while because its kind of pricy so I've been trying a few other face creams but I have nothing exciting to report.

Quezie
June 6th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I love garnier triple nutrition conditioner, I've been buying it for a year now.
I use it daily, but I think I need to find something with cones to use occasionally too.

And for my skin, the only lotion that works for me is Olay for sensitive skin. I also like Olay's 'regenerist' line, I think it would help with my acne scars.

Dark Queen
June 6th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Clinique moisturiser, and using oils like coconut or castor for my dried ends :-D

Which Clinique do you use? So far I'm crazy about the Moisture surge. It works really well even in the desert without making me oily. I also second the coconut oil

As far as other stuff I'm really liking the Tame conditioner and Burt's Bees shampoo. Trader Joe's shampoo too.

christine1989
June 6th, 2011, 11:41 PM
My current products are great (for my hair type anyway). I use Aubrey organics camellia shampoo which is mild enough to use daily without being drying. I usually shampoo only when in the shower although I use a tiny amount of the matching camellia conditioner in the very ends. When I get out of the shower I towel dry and use a small amount of either the Giovanni leave in which provides a light moisture or Nightshade's panacea which I use when my hair is in need of intensive moisture. I continue to experiment with new, fun products but thee are my go tos.

On my skin I use Aveeno brightening scrub at night along with Aveeno positivly radiant daily moisturizer at night and in the morning. If the sun is out I will also use their SPF 100. I also put 1/4 shea butter lotion on my eyes at night for extra moisture.

Roseate
June 6th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I just got a bottle of GVP conditioning balm, and it is really making me happy! I've been using it as both a rinse-out and leave-in conditioner; it's making even my coarse stubborn hair a little soft, which is crazy.

My face products are not fabulous right now, but once I buy something I have to use it all up unless it's really causing a bad reaction, so I'm stuck with mediocre for a while. Aveeno calming face wash and night cream, meh. Neutrogena sunscreen, could be worse.

|Xei
June 7th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Hair:
Biolage Delicate Care conditioner - Keeps my ends moisturized, and gives my hair so much smoothness and silkiness when I deep condition with it.
Garnier Triple Nutrition conditioner - Moisturizes without weighing my hair down. The consistency makes it very easy to spread into hair. Also great for deep conditioning.
Avalon Organics Olive and Grapeseed shampoo - It cleans well without leaving my hair feeling stripped. My only complaint is that it doesn't lather up very well, so sometimes, it's a bit difficult to spread through the hair.
Phyto 9 - Gives me shiny, silky, and smooth hair.
Camellia oil - Gives my hair protection, softness, and smoothness.

Skin:
Clinique Moisturizing Gel (the yellow one) - Great for oily skin as it's very light. Lacking a tiny bit on the moisturizing effects as I still get a bit of flakey skin in the usual areas. But I'm sticking with this until I can find something better.
Shiseido White Lucent foam cleanser - Cuts through the oils on my face without leaving my skin feeling dry. Does a good job of removing tinted moisturizers and press powder. Great scent as well.
St.Ives microdermabrasion exfoliator - A great, fine-grained drugstore exfoliator. It does a great job of smoothing out my skin, although sometimes it doesnt remove the flakey skins very well. But for the price, and how long it's lasted, I really have no complaints.

pixiestar
June 7th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I'm still liking tresemme naturals coconut and jojoba for hair. I have giovanni 50/50 on the way, which I am looking forward to using:)
And I use olay complete lotion for sensitive skin on my face. I recently tried the new Nivea naturals cream for sensitive skin, but found it to greasy.

Mina17
June 7th, 2011, 03:42 AM
I'm COing with VO5 conditioners followed by either Garnier Triple Nutrition or Sally's version of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. I also use the Sally's Biolage for SMT's. For oiling I am having good results with Nightblooming's Triple Moon Anointing Oil. My hair was very dry but these have made a big difference.

For skin, I've been using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Night cream for the last week and have seen a HUGE difference in my skin. I had been trying a natural regimen with OCM and moisturizing with different oils and my skin looked worse than ever. The Neutrogena cream has made my skin more clear and smooth, and I can hardly see any blackheads on my nose (which I have been battling forever). I love this stuff and can't believe how quickly I've seen improvement. Yay retinol!

longhairdntcare
June 7th, 2011, 05:20 AM
I love Suave's coconut conditioner. I did a CO wash with that, then put more in during my shower AND as a leave in. I use coconut oil and apricot kernel oil beforehand for more moisture. I noticed my hair is so much wavier now!

Mairéad
June 7th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I'm a product junkie.

I've been CO with Yes to Carrots Nourishing conditioner and Giovanni Smooth as Silk. I love them both but I think I could find something better than the Smooth as Silk. After I wash I ACV and use a leave it. Sometimes I use any of my various oils and other times I use Giovanni's Direct Leave in.

For my face I've always been washing with Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Oil Soap. When it's winter and my skin dries out I usually find something else to accommodate that. After I wash I tone with witch hazel and ACV. I use Yes to Blueberries serum and whatever eye cream I have (need a new one). And right now I'm using Yes to Tomatoes moisturizer though in recent years I'll use plain jojoba oil with beautiful results.

kmoc123
June 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I usually use Tresseme Anti Breakage condish, but I have found this...http://www.motionshair.com/product/product-details.aspx?id=96....usedused it today. It is nice and thick so I used two big ole handfuls down the length of my hair and smoothed what was left in my hand on top....left it in while I finished my shower and rinsed. Followed up with the Tresseme Anti Breakage....WOW...my hair feels amazing!!! I love using ethnic products on my skin and hair...this stuff is very coney. I need the slip....YUM-OOOOOO!!!!