PDA

View Full Version : Burnt hair disaster please help

insomniac-uk
June 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Hi guys I have a hair problem, tonight I let my friend style my hair and she used a curling tong on it. She accidently burned some of the front, it looks awful. I'm thinking I should cut a fringe/bang does anyone have links to some videos that explain how to cut your own fringe. I don't trust anyone else to cut my hair right now :(

christine1989
June 6th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Depending on how big the section is I would just trim the ends on the burned section and keep an eye on it as it grows. A fringe can be a real pain to grow out and depending on how far up it is burned it might be able to blend in ok until it grows out.

Jcv-Shelley
June 6th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Aww I'm so sorry to hear that :( ... I know that their is an article on how to cut some fringes, but I've never burnt my hair before so I can't give much advice; just support.
:blossom:

Article:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=203

It suggests making fake bangs but hopefully this will some help for you.

insomniac-uk
June 6th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks christine1989 but most of the front section is burnt, i was growing out a fringe anyway had it past chin :(

christine1989
June 6th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Thanks christine1989 but most of the front section is burnt, i was growing out a fringe anyway had it past chin :(

Aww :(. What a terrible thing to happen when you were growing it out anyway. I did a similar thing (3 times!). The first time I burnt a section with a crimping iron but luckily it was a small section. Then I burnt the front part of my hair two seperate times on the stove :(. I managed to turn it into bangs until it grew out.

Mesmerise
June 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I have had burnt hair and the only answer is to cut. I guess it's lucky it was just at the front of your hair and thus you can salvage it by cutting bangs...but it's such a pity to lose that length.

Last time I had burnt hair it was a hairdresser who hairfryed my hair!!! I've had my hair blown dry by hairdressers before, but this one was obviously in a hurry and using the heat too high and putting it too close... I ended up cutting out the frizzled burned bits... sucks...

Oh and cutting bangs isn't too hard. I used to do it all the time when I was a kid and it never turned out bad! (As a "kid" I mean 13/14/15 or so years old).

insomniac-uk
June 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks everyone it's my own fault I should have just said no. I think I should just cut it in the morning i'm too annoyed with myself right now don't want to mess it up.

Slinks
June 6th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks everyone it's my own fault I should have just said no. I think I should just cut it in the morning i'm too annoyed with myself right now don't want to mess it up.

Good idea let yourself cool down .. and say NEVER again lol :-)

Joribear
June 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Torrin has a video that goes over how she cuts her own bangs - maybe this can help you? She is such an awesome source! :inlove:

http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige#p/u/36/PrM8JQR3sUE

Hope it helps!

StarryNight
June 7th, 2011, 12:18 AM
I found this (http://www.thevintagewife.com/2009/09/12/how-to-cut-your-own-bangs/) article very helpful when I did my own, and for trimming. I am so sorry this happened to you. :(

Lady-Djenevre
June 7th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Wow Mesmerise. If a hairdresser burned my hair I would be wanting compensation. Here in Uk they have to have insurance for things like that! That sounds like real negligence.

MonaLisa
June 7th, 2011, 01:08 AM
so sorry it happened!
but you're lucky its just bangs! they can be fun! and will grow back really fast.
i don't know how to help you with cutting tips...it's bit touchy...
although i've always cut mine better than the stylists did...but i can't specify any technique..
not a blunt cut...kind of a slide cut, little by little, relaxed, not making it neat..
always remember to cut bit by bit, as you can always cut more, especially bangs.

insomniac-uk
June 7th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks everyone I finally cut the damage off the video and article was really helpful. I think now I have finally learnt my lesson :)

spitfire511
June 7th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Aww - glad you got the damage cut out and were able to do a bang trim. So sorry this happened!