PDA

View Full Version : About LHC and me.

AutumnLeaves
June 20th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I was mulling over the idea of leaving LHC this morning for a bit. I feel like I really haven't done much to change my routines since finding LHC so maybe I don't really belong. I'm not much into experimentation, don't have the money to really give it a whirl.

This led to my thinking about what I've really learned from LHC and I was surprised to realize that it truly has been an awful lot. I've never paid much attention to shampoo ingredients before. Now I do read them. I rarely know what they mean, but I read them. Logic tells some of the more obvious ingredients though, and I think, "Wow! That cannot be good for one's hair!"

I've learned of various other oils and herbs that some LHCers use in their hair. I've been inducted into the coconut users hall of fame thanks to Carolyn's lovely gift. I've learned what a calorimetry is, learned that there are some here who share my heart. I've learned what the heck plopping is and even tried it myself (and I liked the results). I've quit dying my hair. I learned about my all time favorite hair implement: a fork! I've made tons of friends here, learned about some bird behaviors, learned what sugar gliders are, that we have some real artists here (I always admire artists), some honest hearts, some lovely insights into some of our members' children, learned about henna and indigo and snakes and snapping turtles. I've heard of bento boxes here and the word tragus and so many things. I learn something new every single day here.

So...I guess I'll stay. Thanks LHC for the past couple of years of wonderful times.:)

Pegasus Marsters
June 20th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Do not leave us!!! :wail:

Curlsgirl
June 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Well put AL!!! I for one am very glad you are staying! :love:

coppercurls
June 20th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I agree w/Pegs! Don't leave.:(

I won't bore everybody, but I have learned so much here at LHC. My opinions on some things have changed, my world view has been expanded & overall I feel that the people at LHC have really enriched my life~Even though I am not the most active of users.

Come for the hair, stayed for the people.

jojo
June 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM
glad your staying put!

TammySue
June 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
You better stay lady! You have lots of hair growing to do. :D
(plus we love you!) :blossom:

Cinnamon Hair
June 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
AutumnLeaves, could you tell us in particular things you would like to try/experiment with? I know many ideas can be found relatively cheaply.. such as COing (less than $1 for a bottle of good CO conditioner). Maybe there are less expensive ways to try the things you want, that others may be able to suggest.

I find it helps to make a list of things I would like to try. Lately my list consists of updos that I print the instructions and step by step photos for. There's always something new to learn and like you said, there are many things we pick up along the way that have nothing to do with hair.

DavidN
June 20th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Sherry, whatever you do, don't even THINK about leaving the LHC! I would be genuinely distressed to see you go, and I know most of my fellow LHC members would be as well.:grouphug:

I am glad that those thoughts were put to rest once and for all, after you thought about it, and I am delighted that you have learned so much from the LHC.

Patrycja
June 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Please please don't go! I feel the same way you do.I came here,learned a few things(got enabled a few times....lol)but I stayed for the friendships.Or should I say-I post more because of all the great friends I have made.

I'm so happy you are staying :grouphug:

FrannyG
June 20th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Well, missy, you certainly gave me a fright for a moment there. :bigeyes: I'm happy that I read the post all the way through.

There is so much to learn here, not only about hair, but about so many things one would never imagine, and of course about life in general.

We also have an awesome support system here, and LHCers always rise to the occasion.

I'm just happy that you're here and staying here. You are a wonderful friend and a great LHC member, and yes, you are loved here. :flowers: :heartbeat

paradoxx
June 20th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I'm so glad that you've decided to stay. :blossom: I've always enjoyed reading your posts.

whatevergirl
June 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Sherry.. I was like this for a minute!!:shocked:
..... and then I was like thishttp://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/whatevergirlspix/dontgosmiley.gif!!

Lady I would be so sad if you were not here as well as alot of others here would be also. So I am thrilled you are staying!:joy:

I have learned alot since I have been here also,although staying here really does not have alot to do with my hair at all.

"Some" of my favorite people here do not have long glorious hair at all, although I love their hair & styles and such, and I admire their hair and I enjoy encouraging them along on their long hair journeys...but thats not what keeps me around here as I mentioned.

I would be really sad if you were no longer posting and blogging.
So, I hope you won't be thinking those thoughts again for a long long time...like NEVER!!! http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/whatevergirlspix/Hugs/smilie.gif

Carolyn
June 20th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Don't you dare think about leaving!!!!!! I'll kick your butt if you try it missy! I remember someone saying she came for the hair and stayed for the friends or something to that effect.

LaCitoyenne
June 20th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I don't think too many people really leave for good, only go on a hiatus. They venture back eventually when they're ready. The door is always open. That's a real community for you! And don't forget: you now have a lot to teach others. With all you've learned (I bet, more than you know), you can be a great mentor. You know, doll out pearls of wisdom :grin:

spidermom
June 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Sherry, I don't have so many friends that I can afford to lose one, so don't leave me.

Sofoulee
June 20th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Even though I don't know you closely I felt like I was losing a good friend when I first began to read this... I realize why it's class TLHC, because it really is a community of people. All varied in their hobbies and backgrounds, but with common goals and interests.

I love everyone on here!

I'm glad you're staying AutumnLeaves!!!

justgreen
June 20th, 2008, 08:32 PM
You just better park your butt in that chair over there, girly! You ain't goin' nowhere! We'd hunt you down and , well, we'd just hunt you down!

Robinlyn
June 20th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Glad you are staying with us! Even though I'm quite new compared to most, I treasure the people here and the info I have learned. Big hugs to you!!

redcelticcurls
June 20th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I am glad that you are sticking around!!

whatevergirl
June 20th, 2008, 09:54 PM
You just better park your butt in that chair over there, girly! You ain't goin' nowhere! We'd hunt you down and , well, we'd just hunt you down!

Yeah, yeah ...what Justy said!!!!:rollin::smirk:

jessie58
June 20th, 2008, 11:46 PM
What? Have you left your senses? Silly woman, you're not going anywhere. You would miss us too much. lol. Besides some of us know where you live, bwahahaha.

trollkjerring
June 21st, 2008, 12:57 AM
At least finally you realised that you love us - and you know we love you!

You don't have to try a lot of things to be a member here, just do what works for you.

And never miss a day of blogging:knitfrog:
trollkjerring

ole gray mare
June 21st, 2008, 01:08 AM
If you left I'd be anguished beyond compare. For reals. It is SO NOT ALLOWED.

Elenna
June 21st, 2008, 01:31 AM
Don't leave! We need you.

You are a part of the LHC. Who ever dreamt that hair could connect so many of us from around the world.

rymorg2
June 21st, 2008, 04:59 AM
Sherry glad to hear you're sticking around. :D I'd miss you as well if you left! :grouphug:

AutumnLeaves
June 21st, 2008, 05:27 AM
Aww, you guys are so awesome! Thank you all for your kind words! I guess I was thinking of all my boring and mundane journaling and comparing it to the deep thinking journals of so many here. I tend to not venture out into world issues much because it seems safer to talk/gripe about myself so I don't offend. Plus it is what I know best (well...not the griping, though I suppose that fits too! LOLOL)

Of course, I'd miss all of you too much too. You'll be happy to know I'm trying to talk my daughter into coming to LHC. She hates her hair and it is truly so beautiful. Both my girls have beautiful hair. Tomorrow at Jordan's birthday party, I'll see if I can coerce or guilt the girls into letting me snap a pic of the backs of their pretty heads!

And for some of you who aren't already friended and posted here, please do feel free to friend me. I've not turned anyone away yet.

Love to you all...

khyricat
June 21st, 2008, 06:39 AM
AL:

you are so right on how much I've learned here, not just what I've started for myself, but things I will share with my daughter when she gets home, and I have shared with my sister and father (who always complains about his greasy hair yet dandruffy scalp- He hasn't implemented anything I've suggested yet)... and even DH.....

Amie

Xandergrammy
June 21st, 2008, 07:56 AM
Sherry, I can't even imagine this place without you. And you should know by now that the hair is just part of the whole package. I'm glad you're staying. :inlove:

paper
June 21st, 2008, 11:42 AM
I'm glad you are staying too. :)

darkwaves
June 21st, 2008, 12:37 PM
Well, I'm glad I read to the end of that post! You gave me a fright.

(Glad you're staying.)

girlcat36
June 21st, 2008, 01:23 PM
Of course you MUST STAY!
To be honest, I have felt the same way at times. My hair will probably never progress to the lengths and healthiness of the majority of LHCer's, and I question why I am here.
But then I remember the health and body beautiful forum, and the friendship forum, and the way if I need an answer to a random(not even hair related) question, I can just throw it out there knowing I will have a response fairly quickly.
it'a not ALL about hair, Sherry, we're not letting you go!:)

Lady Godiva
June 21st, 2008, 01:40 PM
OK, it's good and settled. Sherry's staying.

Sherry, now stop scaring us like that. Nice nice at all.

:hmph:

:wigtongue

missy60
June 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
Oh Sherry I almost had a heart attack. You have become my new cheerleader just a post from you cheers me up. You have such a good heart and are needed very much here even though you might not realize it. Ok so I if I had a hair problem you might not be the first I would turn to but for almost anything else you would be high on my list.

Flaxen
June 21st, 2008, 01:56 PM
I was mulling over the idea of leaving LHC this morning for a bit.
You obviously didn't read the Hotel California clause part of the user agreement when you signed up. It is in fine print, but still... :eyebrows:

So...I guess I'll stay. Thanks LHC for the past couple of years of wonderful times.:)
Good.:grouphug: And here's to many more! :toast:

Gladtobemom
June 21st, 2008, 03:03 PM
We like you, you add to the fun . . .

And we have great :gobblecheese:parties.

I have some white cheddar!

Moiraine
June 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm glad you decided to stay hun. I don't do much experimenting with my hair either or any of the things a lot of the ppl do here. Sometimes I show up and hang around, and other times I go visit other forums that I belong to. IMO you don't have to try everything you see here, some are more into different regiments than others. Some have very involved regiments where they use herbs and different ways of keeping their hair clean.

I guess what I am trying to say is, just because you don't get overly involved in your hair care, doesn't make you any less of a member! As for me I use shampoo and conditioner and cones and chemical dyes and air dry. I tried coconut oil last year but didn't stick with it. I am back to regular old Vitapoint. Anyway, glad you are staying...:blossom:

naomimcc
June 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Come for the hair, stayed for the people...

This :D:cheese:

harley mama
June 21st, 2008, 03:11 PM
Sherry, stop scaring me like that! ;)

I am so relieved that you decided to stay!:D

Garnet66
June 21st, 2008, 03:16 PM
I'm glad you decided to stay. :cheer: I'm glad you posted about how you feel. I feel much the same way. I don't have much to add most of the time but I have learned a whole lot here too.

AutumnLeaves
June 21st, 2008, 03:59 PM
Well, I am so happy to see so many were a bit concerned! I didn't mean to scare anyone; I'd just been in one of those scary philosophical modes I occasionally drop into (much like the beleaguered Alice). Thank you all for the warm and lovely words. I'd miss you all too much anyway! Though I had to laugh when I read that Missy might not come to me for hair advice!!! LOLOLOL Thanks for the laugh, Missy. That is probably a wise decision!!!

FrannyG
June 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
..... Though I had to laugh when I read that Missy might not come to me for hair advice!!! LOLOLOL Thanks for the laugh, Missy. That is probably a wise decision!!!

That gave me a giggle too. Too cute! :grin:

Poolsoflaughter
June 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
I'm just going to :horse: and say: don't give up! We're all so very glad that you've decided to stick around. :thumbsup:

snowbird
June 22nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
my heart skipped a beat reading the first part of that thinking you were going!! Glad you decided to stay, you are part of the scaffolding here! And thanks for your kind comments on my blog, I haven't had the opportunity reply yet but will!
:heart:

missy60
June 23rd, 2008, 11:07 PM
Ok I have to explain my comment I think you have lovely hair. I really admire you for making the decision to stop coloring, and it really looks awesome. You have such a simple routine and are not into all the hair stuff like some of the rest of us. I keep hoping for the one perfect product that would make my routine simple, but Im not going to find it.

Oh and I just had to add that who else would of took that comment and not turned it around to be an insult. I in no way meant it to be a bad thing I actually meant it in a good way. Im just glad you seen it that way and got a good laugh.

tiny_teesha
June 24th, 2008, 06:37 AM
i had Pegasus Marsters' reaction!!!
I'm glad you came to your sences ;) What were you thinking of leaving us!?!?! lol
Glad to have you back for good :)

morgwn
June 24th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Definitely glad that you're staying! :grouphug:

Alley Cat
June 25th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Well I am only just reading this post, glad to hear your staying Sherry :flowers:

Amoretti
June 25th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Well, you know that if you left I'd have to become your stalker, right? ;)

Besides, I know where you live! LOLOLOLOL.

AND I have your phone number!

So there! ;) :D

SarieQ
July 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
I just found this thread and it scared me at first! I'm glad you're not going anywhere--I'd miss you too much! :flowers:

SchnauzerMom
July 2nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
I'm glad you're staying! :cheese: