PDA

View Full Version : Is bottle gray hair fashion now?

ilovelonghair
June 6th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I keep noticing women who have their hair dyed gray. It's not like natural gray but it comes kind of close to it. They are always young women with 'trendy' hair cuts. Is that fashion right now?

selderon
June 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM
It's fashion. The question is whether it is good fashion.

jojo
June 6th, 2011, 04:30 PM
ive seen this too, in fact yesterday saw a young girl with bsl dyed grey verging on lilac but it looked really nice if a bit dry.

allmixedup88
June 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM
interesting... hmmm

Athena's Owl
June 6th, 2011, 05:16 PM
does anyone have anoy images of this bottle gray hair? I'm curious.

rosek
June 6th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Yes I've seen it around quite a lot. I can't say its something I would put my hair through. Athena's Owl, I think Kelly Osbourne has is at the moment if you are looking for an example.

owlathena
June 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I love the look of grey hair with a younger looking face, but a completely grey head on a person in their 20s often just looks unnatural and strange.

That said, I can't wait to have grey hair, and if I were 50% grey or more I'd consider dying the rest to match. The grow-out would be weird though...

kwaniesiam
June 6th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Pink is sporting the gray hair right now along with Kelly Osbourne. I actually really like it, it's a very edgy platinum gray shade, not a natural looking gray at all (which is also beautiful IMO). I've had snow white before and gray on accident once trying to get to white. Not a good look on me but for some it totally works. You have to be able to pull off ash tones.

Edit: http://www.deliciousinpink.com/2010/04/gray-hair-has-never-looked-so-chic.html Link to some stars with gray hair.

Sunshineliz
June 6th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Hmmm....does that make me fashionable?:D *strokes natural silver streaks*

(Probably not. Sadly it's probably like most hair fashions--only fake curls, straight hair, or color is prized. Natural seems to be out)

KittyLost
June 7th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Yeah it's fashion now, and can be quite hard to achieve for some people.

Grey/silver/blue and purple rinses, are all popular. I can't help but feel though that the majority of these people dying thier hair grey, will be covering over thier greys when they are older.

JuliaDancer
June 7th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Didn't Lady Gaga start the grey hair trend?