PDA

View Full Version : Dascrub ?

Aeltt
June 6th, 2011, 02:40 PM
So *someone* finished my bottle of SLS-free shampoo... I could have washed my hair 5 times with what was left, HOW did my mother finished it in one go ?? With chin length hair ???
ANYWAY I've found this liquid soap, and there's coconut oil written on it, so i thought... "can i put it on my hair ?" :D
Do you think it's hair friendly ?
Composition : aqua, potassium cocoate (50% coconut oil), glycerin, EDTA.

I'm not sure about EDTA but Wikipedia says it's acidic and chelating, it's a good thing right ?

Anje
June 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
The EDTA's probably just in there to chelate whatever hardness is in the water (aqua) that they put in there with it.

Sounds hair-friendly enough from the ingredients list, but I suppose one question we can't answer is how strong or weak the cleansing is. Might be very cleansing, or not so much. I suspect from the ingredients list that this is a soap, not a detergent (but it's a liquid soap due to saponification with KOH instead of NaOH...); you might find you need an acidic rinse after washing with this stuff. Bring some vinegar or citric acid with you when you use it, just in case, so you can make a dilute acid rinse.

|Xei
June 7th, 2011, 04:57 AM
I'm no expert on soap, but one thing you can do to see if its hair friendly is to use several times on your skin. If it's too harsh on your skin, chances are, it won't do anything good for your hair.

Aeltt
June 7th, 2011, 08:37 AM
they say the soap is diluted 10 times in water, and i don't find it harsh..
I'll try it with ACV rinse i guess, thanks :)