PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: No growth and weight loss on medication

Alaskanheart
June 20th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hi I just wanted to give an update on my situation.3 weeks or so ago I posted about how my hair had stopped growing completly for the last 2 months, most likely caused by a new medication and poor nutrition due to lack of appetite and lots of weight loss from the medication.

I started on a 2400 calorie a day diet , Im only averaging 2200, but its been difficult especially since I dont eat fast food and still am battleing with poor appetite, but Ive had some help with ensure and have really been pushing myself. Ive also been doing weight training and light circuit training here and there to avoid all those calories turning into pure fat and gaining strength and muscle again.

Im not sure if my hair is growing again yet, I got an inch trim last week to trim damage and even hemline and it feels good, and ive gained back 4lbs already and have 10 more to go to reach my goal, Im hoping for at least 3 inches of growth before my year growth anniversary.

Ive also been bunning almost every day and night for the last few weeks to keep my hair from drying out .Its 100-108 degrees already this summer.

heres a really cool website ive been using to help me keep track of my diet goals, its awesome because it can be used to gain or lose and has alot of tools. www.my-calorie-counter.com/About.asp (http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/About.asp) . check it out.:)

jojo
June 20th, 2008, 05:02 PM
It sounds like you are on the road to recovery, keep up with new eating habits. It took time to lose the weight and it will take time to put it on too but it seems you are doing well and Im pleased your feeling a little better.

Darkhorse1
June 20th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Sounds good! I know if you are having trouble eating due to stress or meds, try to find things that you like eating, or comfort foods. Foods high in protein will help your hair look shinier/glossier. Milk, peanut butter and tuna fish are very good, but you have to find something that works for you.

orangeeyecrayon
June 20th, 2008, 07:06 PM
i am currently in the proccess of trying to gain weight and at the same time i am being weined off a medicine i take that regulates my eating. i have found that having things around that are some what bland that wont bother my stomach like triscits, and i just snack on them in between meals.

this works well for me cause if i get hungry at all i get so nauseous i dont want to eat, and since i tend to avoid eating real meals cause i am just never hungry enough this helps me ensure i at least get something in me.

Robinlyn
June 20th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Glad to hear that you are doing well. It will take some time to gain weight. Small high protien meals thoughtout the day should help you. Keep us updated on your progress. Hugs to you!!

Alaskanheart
June 20th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks all for the encouragement.

The high protein stuff really does help like you all suggested. I also make protein milk shakes for emergencies when I cant get anything down.

orangeeyecrayon.I know exactly what you mean about feeling nauseas.

Darkhorse1
June 20th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Alaskan--do you have a problem with dysphasia? (swallowing) or a stomach problem? There are meds you can take to settle these problems, which make eating easier. Alternatively, the shakes you drink are good.

Good luck to you and keep us updated on how you are doing! :)