PDA

View Full Version : Are you maintaining your current length?

ashamanjababu
June 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Are you happy at the length you're at, and are you keeping it there? Do have a specific goal? Or are you just letting it grow?

Personally, I'm at waist length, and for now, I'm happy keeping it there.

ange1ito
June 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I am growing out permanent hair dye damage, its only got to my chin yet so I have a long way to go, darn. I will keep growing forever unless I change my mind.

Rivanariko
June 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM
My "goal" right now is knee-length, but I'm really curious to see if I can make it longer, if I can even make it there. I know that genetics have a lot to do with whether your hair can grow to "extreme" lengths, and there aren't any other longhairs in my family, so we'll see!

For the moment, though, I'm going to be maintaining around Tailbone because my ends are really thin. I want to see if I can get them to thicken up before I head onward and downward towards my goal!

(but I don't want to. I just want to let it grow and ignore the scraggly icky ends! They're not pretty fairytale ends, btw, they're icky and scraggly. That's why I need to maintain and trim them. *le sigh*)

Ann Marie
June 6th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I have transitioned to henna/cassia...but I am trying to grow my previously chemically darkened hair..:(
(with baby trims)

and hit my goal of hip/tailbone....:D

heidihug
June 6th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I am maintaining at 50" right now, which is halfway between classic and knee. I am seeing a slight increase in thickness in my hemline after about 6 months doing microtrims to stay at this length. So, I think I am here to stay for a while.

Roseate
June 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I chose "growing to goal", with the caveat that I don't really know what my goal is! Hip length is the longest my hair's ever been. Not sure how long I want it this time.

However, I don't think I'm willing to go to terminal. At some point past waist but before classic, I'll probably stop actively growing and start maintaining.

McFearless
June 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
My thoughts are, that if I cut off all the damage now my ends will gain damage because they are naked to the elements, and I will have to lose more length in the long run. So I'm babying the damage and keeping it to weigh down my hair as I grow. Once I get to my goal of hip I'll start maintaining. I only keep dry ends and I don't mind too much because my hair is up 24/7. Splits and white dots travel up and have to be removed immediately.

elbow chic
June 6th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I'd like to see my terminal length once in my life, just for fun.

I seriously doubt it's an extremely long term. length, though, so if I get to waist or hip before it peters out I will be pleased.

Amber_Maiden
June 6th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I want to grow it to my tail bone :p But I've had a set back, had to cut off 9 damaged inches... so I have a ways to go now... :(

CrisDee
June 6th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I put "grow to goal and maintain," but I'm not 100% set on a goal just yet. I am going to grow to waist, and see what that feels like - then to hip. I don't think I'd want much more than hip - but who knows, I haven't been there in over 35 years! I'm all for changing my mind when the time comes :D

Heartwillfollow
June 6th, 2011, 01:32 PM
am happy for my progress for letting my hair grow pass shoulder.. Just finding longer hair is dangerious in it's own strange way lol lol ... My goal length was waist but thinking once I hit below BSL I will hold there for a while :)

Buddaphlyy
June 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I was on my way to shoulder when I was diagnosed with alopecia in November and lost more than half my length and thickness. A few of the hairs at my nape will be there by the end of the summer, so I will maintain at that length until my other hair fills in.

KittyLost
June 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I'll grow to my waist goal and maintain until dye is grown out. Then I'll attempt growing to a longer goal.

slythwolf
June 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM
My goal is knee and maintain, but if my terminal length is shorter then I'll accept that.

Druid of Alba
June 6th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'm growing my hair to about waist length, maybe a little shorter, and then keeping it that length, presumably forever!

Ligeia_13
June 6th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I'm growing it to my goal length which is WL. Although I have a sneaky feeling that my terminal length is shorter than that :(

Cowgirl16
June 6th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I voted that I am growing to my goal length and I'll keep it there.
Really though...I'm growing until:confused: I guess I'll know when I get there :cheese:

Mesmerise
June 6th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Well my goal is currently hip, but I plan to get to waist this year and then maintain it at least a year to try to get some thickness to my ends, then I want to get to hip and maintain...however...I'm thinking of a "longer hip" now rather than a "just hip", although when I changed my goal from waist to hip I would have been happy just reaching hip!

Isn't it funny how a few months on LHC can change your goals? I never in my life would have thought of having hip length hair before coming here, waist kind of like seemed the epitome of long hair to me before (why... I just don't know).

gthlvrmx
June 6th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Terminal, but it's not like i'm ever going to cut it with big chops ever again unless i want a thicker bottom or i go bald :p

Jcv-Shelley
June 6th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I giggled a bit at the last one. Sometimes, it really does feel like I'll be growing it out forever! Why can't split ends just leave me alone? My goal length would be waist, I'm still in school so I can't focus on having lots of hair...*sigh* maybe someday. :)

luxepiggy
June 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I've been maintaining in the region of hip, which usually means I let it grow to tailbone, then cut it back to just past waist, and repeat (^(oo)^)

torrilin
June 6th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I don't have a goal length. There is hair on my head. I'm a cheapskate and I don't like to get it cut. However it's fine and fragile, so it needs some trimming. And I like my hair to be exceedingly boring to take care of, but it grows stupidly fast... so it needs some trimming so it doesn't outgrow my ability to care for it.

ATM I'm in a stage where my hair is a bit longer than I can really handle. So we're in a maintaining stage where it gets trims every month or two. I'd planned on every month, but on June 1, the condition was good enough that it wasn't worth doing a trim. Next scheduled trim day is Jul 1, so we shall see. After 6 months to a year of maintaining, it should be clearer if I can go back to ignoring my hair and letting it grow or not.

2peasinapod
June 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Not by choice (I'm at a bit of a growth stall right now :(). I am a few inches away from BSL. BSL was my goal length, but my hair is so thick I need more length to do anything fancy with it. I'll probably grow until it doesn't grow anymore! :)

Athena's Owl
June 6th, 2011, 08:11 PM
my goal originally was hip, but I'm maintaining at tailbone for a year to see how I like it, and in hopes of fuller ends. If I don't see fuller ends by the end of the year I'm going to trim to hip and try again.

S-mansMommy
June 6th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'm growing! My next goal is BSL but ultimately I'm hoping for waist-length and then we'll see. It could be years so I'm in for the long haul. I guess I'm hoping for LHC to be my support network, no one I know has hair past BSL!

Safira
June 6th, 2011, 08:58 PM
My goal is waist. I don´t think my patience goes more far. It would be nice to have floor-lenght, but I think I´m not that patience to wash and deal with those tangles I´m sure I get!

|Xei
June 6th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I don't exactly have a goal, simply because my preferences tend to fluctuate all the time. It's more about what I feel like at the moment.

Right now, it's at hip-length, and I'm quite liking how it looks, so I'll be maintaining it at this length for now.

C.H.
June 7th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I'm chilling a hip. I like a thick hemline, so having found a length I like, it's good to stay there and be able to trim regularly. I'm more interested in improving the condition of my hair than additional length.

Fufu
June 7th, 2011, 12:28 AM
My hair is at Bsl, my goal is to grow my hair till waist. Most likely will maintain my hair between waist and hip.

MonaLisa
June 7th, 2011, 12:57 AM
So many of us is growing it! that's nice! :)
I've chosen goal and maintain, although I haven't completely decided my goal yet, will have to test a few goals :D
definitely not maintaining, although it's almsot never been longer than now, it feels so short suddenly...
but i have a lot of damage to get rid of, so i might cut back to waist/hip when I've reached TBL and then grow it again :)

Malibu Barbie
June 7th, 2011, 01:03 AM
I tend to go to classic and then hate the way it gets into everything and cut it back up to tailbone.

Night_Kitten
June 7th, 2011, 04:04 AM
I'm growing to terminal, but I don't know yet wether I'll trim the ends to maintain a spesific hemline or just let it fairytale... :)
I chose the "I'm growing to my longest (terminal) length, and then I'll maintain the ends with trims" option, because so far I've been trimming to get a blunt(ish) hemline...

pixiestar
June 7th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Not 100% sure of end goal yet, maybe waist. When I get to goal I will maintain:D Currently on my way to APL:) No trims till the end of the year, maybe longer. See how it goes. I do still have some old highlights to get rid of, about 2inches but its only at the front:)

jojo
June 7th, 2011, 05:16 AM
My ultimate goal is classic, though my ends are getting thinner the longer it gets. I will probably have a year maintaining at TB and see if that helps and then continue to classic where I shall maintain. I don't think id be able to grow longer but I will be happy with classic length.

freckles
June 7th, 2011, 05:17 AM
I'm growing to a goal (tailbone).

ashamanjababu
June 7th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Wow, I'm actually a little surprised at how many 'growers' there are, vs. 'maintainers,' especially those of you who are already at waist or hip! I admire your patience!

I've been maintaining between BSL and waist for most of my adult life. I keep wondering about going longer, but once it gets past my waist it's so much harder for me to deal with.

sweet*things
June 7th, 2011, 06:22 AM
I've been in the waist to tailbone range for most of my adult life. I'll grow it out to tailbone, or a smidge beyond, and then decide I hate my ends and trim it back to waist. I just trimmed a couple weeks ago, but I think I finally have my haircare regimen under control, so I'm hoping this time I can grow it out right.

I would like to grow out to classic at least once in my life, but I don't know if I'd keep it that way.

CarpeDM
June 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I would love to grow to waist but I don't know if I will make it to that length, if I did, I would most likely maintain that length.

SwordWomanRiona
June 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I voted 'knee length or shorter' because I'm at classic and that's the nearest option there was...For the moment being, I'm maintaining at classic, until I manage to thicken up the ends a bit more, then, probably, I will attempt mid-thigh length, even knee, 'to see what happens'. Who knows... I can always trim it back to mid-thigh or classic, if knee doesn't convince me, and get healthier ends into the bargain!

sugarpixie10988
June 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I'm going to grow to my goal, which is waist. Once I get there, I may or may not maintain it for awhile depending on its condition. I'll probably end up growing to hip after that.

Mrs. D
June 7th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Where was the cheese option? :cheese:

Mannaz
June 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I plan to start maintaining when i get to waist, hopefully that will happen in a few months... I still have a few centimeters of hair that has to go and I've been doing regular trims throughout my growing. I'm pretty sure I'll want to grow it longer though...

Mannaz
June 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM
And yeah I missed the :cheese: option too :)

islandboo
June 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM
:cheese: We want cheese! :cheese: We want cheese! :cheese:

nobeltonya
June 7th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Currently at waist. My goal is TB, and I'm done. I want to stop before I can sit on it, because I'd be tempted to cut it all off. It'd get too irritating.

dulce
June 7th, 2011, 08:45 PM
My original goal was waist,now am getting close and that looks short to me now!Will try for tb or hip[if it will still grow that far, now that I'm getting older]

Fadedbluedreams
June 7th, 2011, 09:28 PM
As of right now, my goal is classic length. I'm so far away from that, being at almost APL, that I don't currently have any plans to change it but I am toying with the idea of going to terminal length eventually.

dmarie63
June 7th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I'm growing it to my goal length and maintaining it. Currently my goal length is waist length. In the future that may change to tailbone or classic though, and when my goal does change I will grow my hair to that length and maintain it. :)

Kathie
June 7th, 2011, 10:36 PM
That was an easy one to guess where the most votes would be.
I'm currently just above APL and on my way to waist.

owlathena
June 8th, 2011, 02:05 AM
My goal length is classic, but if my hair looks good and wants to keep going I'm not going to stop it. :D

Ishje
June 8th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I am growing to classic, and then I will maintain untill all the dye/bleach is gone.
after that I might grow longer, but I won't have to think about that for the upcoming 6 years :p

Monkie
June 8th, 2011, 05:33 AM
My goal is BSL+ but I have a long ways to go, and so right now things just need to grow - wish my milestones could come sooner!

umbrellabones
June 9th, 2011, 04:06 PM
My current goal is to waist. I'm probably going to end up wanting hip after that. that will probably be the ultimate goal. but who knows:)

Stagecoach
June 9th, 2011, 04:16 PM
My hair is knee length and I'm keeping it that way for now. I've been at knee length for almost two years now I believe. I'm finally happy with my ends, so I want to grow it down to the top of my calves as that's when I get the extra length for one more wrap on my tucked log roll!

Emmental
June 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I'm at BSL and I want to hit waist. I think I might be able to hit that for Christmas. At that point, I will maintain waist-length.

khan
June 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM
My goal was tailbone & I've finally made it!! :cheese:
I have a 7" tassel after braiding, 'cause of bangs that are still growing out. I thought I would want classic length, but it's all I can do now to french/dutch braid it without tangling like crazy. It really feels good at this length. My hair is not especially thick so I could use the extra volume from the bang grow out.

krissykins
June 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Oh gosh, if I stay at this length for much longer, I might lose my mind. I want hip length NOW! Haha

So I'm going to grow to my eventual length goal (tailbone), then maintain when I get there.

JamieLeigh
June 12th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I voted 'knee length or shorter and I'm maintaining'...even though I'm not maintaining this year, I'm growing it until December with no trims, and THEN I will cut back to knee (assuming I make it...I was 1 inch past classic last December, and am lower-mid-thigh length now...I think I'll make it to knee) and maintain there.

So...after December, I'll be knee or shorter and maintaining. :p

Elistariel
June 12th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I couldn't vote. I want waist or maybe a bit longer (not long enough to sit on), but I seem to be maintaining at BSL or thereabouts whether I want to or not. I just had to have about 2 inches trimmed off as I have a wedding to go to and my ends were looking scraggly.

Dear middle of my hair,
Please stop growing faster than the rest of my hair, you're making my ends looks scraggly. Please grow at the same rate.
Thank you,
Elistariel

TheBluffs
June 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Nope, but I will maintain for 6 weeks at Classic.

miss_purple
June 12th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I'm growing to my goal length (waist length), and then I'll keep it there.

Carrie Ingalls
June 12th, 2011, 11:15 AM
At present I am maintaining at ankle length, and I have been doing so for the past two years. Actually, I am really fluctuating between ankle and floor. Each time I reach floor I cut back to ankle. I plan on continuing here for at least another 14 months...then I might cut it a bit more significantly and then grow back to ankle.

feralnature
June 12th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I am curious about growing to terminal length. I am 55 years and want long, silver hair. Don't know how long terminal length on someone my age.