PDA

View Full Version : I found it!

Garnett
June 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Wanted to share some good news and hope for anyone who has lost a hair toy. My first real fork was a gorgeous green 60th Street. I wore it for a couple of years and then it disappeared. I haven't seen it in two years. TWO YEARS. Yesterday, DH found it in the couch. Yes, the couch. The same couch that has been torn apart several times looking for things, the same couch that has had the cushion covers washed on a regular basis, the same couch I sit on nearly every day. I wouldn't believe it unless I was wearing it in my hair right now.. which I am. :D

So if you've lost a fork or stick, and haven't seen it in more than two years, don't give up hope! Look in your couch for the 100th time :)

vanity_acefake
June 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Yay for finding things you have lost for ages.
I blame the wee folk! (faeries).

Garnett
June 6th, 2011, 09:57 AM
haha.. I always blame the cats :p

Amber_Maiden
June 6th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Haha! If only I could find that green tank top I wore just two weeks ago (and turned my apartment upside down looking for....)

GRU
June 7th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hey, I wonder if all the missing socks from the laundry end up in the couch somehow too? Like there's a wormhole in the time/space continuum that teleports them there, never to be seen again!

auroraclio
June 7th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Sounds like the remote control in our house, climbs into the couch ALL THE TIME lol

Delila
June 7th, 2011, 10:39 AM
My collection of Buffs do that. Disappear for ages, then mysteriously reappear. Bizarre.

dragonmyst
June 7th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Awesomesauce! That made me smile.

Slinks
June 14th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Hey, I wonder if all the missing socks from the laundry end up in the couch somehow too? Like there's a wormhole in the time/space continuum that teleports them there, never to be seen again!

If you have odd sox chances are it's your washing machine knitting new ones from all the clothing lint :eyebrows:

julliams
June 14th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Glove boxes of "the other car" often turn up hairtoys for me. Congrats on finding your fav hairfork. I'm still missing my favourite necklace - it just hasn't turned up yet.

IanB
June 14th, 2011, 01:32 AM
My car keys - they have a mind of their own

Aveyronnaise
June 14th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Helllllooooooo ..... House Elves. They take stuff and use it, and then put it back .

jasper
July 5th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I found my long lost custom rasaom (http://www.etsy.com/shop/rasaom) resin fork! I haven't seen it in more than a year, I don't know how long! It was in a seldom used purse. . . along with a $20!

bunzfan
July 5th, 2012, 09:37 AM
We are always losing the tv remote and its always found in our corner sofa the cushions seem to hide things well i've lost hair sticks/forks/spin pins baby's dummy you name it.

hinkypunki
July 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
My sofa also likes to eat things... remotes, batteries, my friends sweater, you name it, the sofa eats it :p

proo
July 5th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Found my beloved stick given to me by dd in an old purse I was about to donate - good thing I fished around in it first. I love that thing.

spirals
July 5th, 2012, 10:30 AM
You all are making me LOL. My old roomie's sofa ate all kinds of things, including my silverware. We're surprised yhe dog didn't get lost in there!

MrsGuther
July 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM
That's awesome! :) glad you found it!

jojo
July 5th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Gonna check mine too, I lost a fork 2 years back, I always find money too down sofas, finders keepers loses weepers lol x

embee
July 5th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I wish my sofa would spit out my lost earring.... my dad gave them to me and he's gone now, and one earring is gone too. Very sad.

Glad you found your fork. That kind of thing can make your day! :D

prettykitty
July 5th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I am convinced the Underpants gnomes are behind a rash of thefts in my home. Or Oscardog. I should check his bed, he does like to hide treasure in there.