PDA

View Full Version : When did your hair become the longest in the room?

ajr
June 20th, 2008, 03:32 PM
When I first joined the forum I remember constantly looking around in real life for people with longer hair then me. Mainly because I wasn't sure what my final goal would be and wanted to see the different lengths. Plus it's inspiring to see hair longer then yours and how great it can look. I think sometime around waist length I realized that I wasn't seeing a lot of hair that was longer then mine. And now that I'm at tailbone it's such a rarity that I'll stop to take a second look, it's really memorable now to realize I'm not the one with the longest hair.

How about you guys? At what length did you become the one with the longest hair?

susiemw
June 20th, 2008, 03:39 PM
How about you guys? At what length did you become the one with the longest hair?

My hair is between bsl and waist.. closer to waist and I'm usually the one with the longest hair.... and I don't consider myself to have long hair so that's sort of funny. I'm looking
forward to reaching tailbone length.

susan

Islandgrrl
June 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I'm at BSL and I'm usually the one in the room with the longest hair. No one really ever knows this, though, because it's always up!

Shell
June 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Probably as soon as I got below BSL. I did still see people with longer hair of course, it just wasn't as common. We play a game in my family, trying to find people in public with hair longer than mine. In everyday life, at school, or at the mall--I almost always win. At Disneyland, I used to see people with longer hair, but the last few times, I had the longest. So now the only places with people with longer hair than mine are Renaissance Fairs and Long Hair Meets! Otherwise, mine is usually the longest.

Haith
June 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM
My hair is almost waist length now, and I'm usually the one with the longest hair. I see plenty of women with BSL hair, but next to none below (except for the rare sighting now and then!).

Anje
June 20th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I don't think I'm there yet, even past hip length. I've got two long haired professors (out of something like 6) on my floor, one who also is hip length, the other with fingertip length. At church, there's a woman who's tailbone.

Of course, in my family I've been the longest since my hair first got past my shoulders. Now I've got brothers with shoulder+ length when curly, but I'm definitely longest by a foot or two.

birthmarkie
June 20th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I'm already there and still an inch away from BSL. Of course, this doesn't work for EVERY room, just a few here and there.

Curlsgirl
June 20th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I hardly ever see anyone with longer hair than me and I am not even at waist length yet. There just aren't many in my area. Occasionally of course I see someone and it is fun to compare not sure why. This is an interesting thread.

Florida Mom
June 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM
My hair is almost at waist, and I usually do have the longest. BUT I have a few friends whose hair is slightly longer than mine - but when they are not around - I win.

angelthadiva
June 20th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I'm at BSL and I'm usually the one in the room with the longest hair. No one really ever knows this, though, because it's always up! I just had to laugh at your post! :lol: It made me think of myself!! I'm so stinking close to Classic, I can't stand it--I'm almost always the longest hair in the room, but nobody knows it because mine is always up too!!

There was a gal in my Spanish class last semester who had hair between BSL and Waist length, and another gal in Soc who had pretty long hair, but I never could tell how long it really was because she always had it in a semi/high-ish ponytail which ended at about BSL.

I'm the longest hair I know IRL (besides LHCrs @ meets), I'm the longest hair at work, church or school, as far as I've noticed.

ETA: Although I did see a gal a while back w/natural red hair that was mid-thigh length...It had a slight natual wave to it! :thud: I was in awe...Nearly speechless--I know, can't believe it, huh? I did manage to compliment her, after secretly considering stealing her locks!! :lol:

freznow
June 20th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I'm the longest I know, but I've seen up to TB at school. There's probably someone near classic around too, it's a very large and very multicultural school, but I haven't seen them [with their hair down/uncovered].

GlennaGirl
June 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM
"When did your hair become the longest in the room?"

After my husband and two sons all shaved their heads.

RavenDream
June 20th, 2008, 07:11 PM
My hair has probably been the longest since BSL. I love hair down days because no one ever realizes that my hair is almost waist.

CurlyOne
June 20th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Pretty much when I hit BSL, I don't see many people with hair longer than that around here too often.

noelgirl
June 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
At just past BSL - I'm the longest at both of my jobs, and longest in my family. Among my friends, there's one girl who's pretty close - let's call that one a tie. There is a woman in my yoga class with hip-length dreads, so I'm definitely not the longest in that room! And in my dance classes, you can never tell - they call us "bunheads" for a reason :P

spidermom
June 20th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I still see people with longer hair than mine, but sometimes mine is the longest. I think the first time I noticed that I had the longest hair in the room, it was lower BSL. Than somebody with waist-length hair arrived and that was the end of that.

Vicky Veiss
June 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM
There was a girl in my high school who was famous for her hair. Straight black locks blunt-cut to mid-thigh, easily the longest in sight, and this was the late 1970s with a lot of long hair being worn down. I think mine was probably about classic at the time.

So although I kept growing it, I wasn't really aware of my hair being significantly longer than anyone else's until around my junior year of college. At the time, I usually kept it braided and looped up. I was walking along the local shopping street with a couple of friends, my freshly washed hair blowing in the breeze, and realized that people were turning their heads as I passed. What's up with that, I wanted to know, and my friends pointed out that not TOO many people had hair that could tickle the backs of their calves. :)

peacecat3
June 20th, 2008, 08:04 PM
A lot of women in my area/region have long hair, so it took a while. My hair became the longest in the room at approx. waist-length. That's also when I started to feel like it was finally "long."

HairColoredHair
June 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM
It usually is... unless I'm on LHC! :lol:

AJoifulNoise
June 20th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Waist and beyond. So, within the last few months. It's kind of strange. I had a "wow my hair is the longest here!" moment just the other day.

velvetcat
June 21st, 2008, 01:41 AM
I'm sure it was when I was around waist, but I've only REALLY noticed it recently.
Work - oh yeah. Closest long hair is at waist
Weight Watchers - I preen a bit when I realize not a single other person there has hair past APL (and those are the younger ones)
Curves - almost everyone is a bob or pixie
Amtgard (a live action roleplay) - there is one girl with hair nearly as long as mine but I do not envy it. It's in really poor shape and very thin. We talked a bit and I suggested a couple things, but she isn't interested. She likes it long though.

Umm....
yeah. Really around here once you're past waist, it's pretty rare. I know I'll be exceptional if I can make it to classic.

Liluri
June 21st, 2008, 02:19 AM
*looks around room, sees cats and DH* I've always had the longest hair in this room:eyebrows::silly::jestor:

Seriously I still see many other women with long hair so I don't often have the longest hair in the room. *I might have to start looking for smaller rooms*

bte
June 21st, 2008, 02:50 AM
Although my hair isn't long by the standards of this community, I often have the longest hair in the room - at a recent meeting, there were 14 people, over half of them women, and nobody else with anything longer than shoulder length.

Guenever
June 21st, 2008, 03:44 AM
Around my close family: When I joined here and was about waist (my sister is at BSL)
Around my family: When I reached TB (my 12-year-old cousin has about hip)
Around my friends: When I reached APL/BSL more or less :P
In public: Depends - Sometimes I DO see TB and once or twice classic lengths out there, but in 99% of the cases I had the longest hair when I reached waist.

But like Islandgrrl nobody (despite my closest family) knows this because it's always up :wink: Last time I redid a bun in public I got a "crazy long hair" comment from one of the guys.. It's fun, I must admit, to have something that is (obviously) quite rare attached to your head :silly: as long as I kind "hide" is so easily in a bun :)

LongForLife
June 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM
I have had mine at at least waist length for over 10 years, and I am almost always the one with the longest hair. I really am almost never around anyone with hair as long as mine... It is currently past my tail bone.

naomimcc
June 21st, 2008, 04:44 PM
I'm at BSL and I'm usually the one in the room with the longest hair. No one really ever knows this, though, because it's always up!

Same here. I'm at TB...

flapjack
June 21st, 2008, 06:54 PM
I'm the longest haired person I know in real life, yes.

As far as on campus, I see a lot of girls between bsl and waist, but I haven't seen longer than that being worn down in public (besides my own) in a long while.

julya
June 21st, 2008, 08:25 PM
Once I passed waist length I had the longest hair in my family.

ZaBasDa
June 21st, 2008, 09:21 PM
I'm not the longest yet. I realized the other day that my younger sister has basically waist length hair now. I measured her hair though, and it's still a few inches shorter than mine.. BSL to waist is really popular on teenage girls around here.

smilelads
June 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
Waist length, I was the longest haired person in my area. But when I go out of state and visit my friends in different churches, I'm not the only one!!

Poppy Seed
June 22nd, 2008, 01:13 AM
I'm pretty much the longest hair I know in real life...actually, I think I am. Like a couple of other people here though, no-one really knows it because it's up mostly. I get the 'OMG you're hair's so long' comment at dancing on the occasions I do have to re-tye it (and of course, when I dance with it loose!), but mostly it's up.

I've seen two or three people with tailbone or so hair, and two people with superlong: one in Brisbane just the other day had two tails with multi-bands down to mid-thigh and one lady with loose hair to her knees in the mall about 6 -8 months ago. But that's it.

It's just about starting to tickle my thighs when I bring is over my shoulder to comb it - a very bizarre sensation, and one I haven't got tired of yet. I think it's just about on classic.

Saranne772
June 22nd, 2008, 02:13 AM
Most of my life in all circles I can remember being the longest hair. Once I got to a year old my hair grew VERY fast. From primary school upwards (and I started a year early at 3 years) I had long hair. Always the longest for my age range. Once I got to about 10 I had the longest in the school until I was about 14/15 when (because of damage) I cut back to just below BSL. Now I am the longest- at college (which I just left), in my church circles and just in general in public. Although not many realise it as I am trying to wear my hair up more often

Periwinkle
June 22nd, 2008, 05:42 AM
My hair is pretty short by LHC standards, and not even really 'long' by society's standards, but even so, at just brushing BSL, I normally have the longest hair around.

tiny_teesha
June 22nd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Well at church yesterday my hiar was longer then all but 2 people!!! But onyl out of half of the church- i couldn't see the rest (im short sighted)
I was shocked because i am only at waist!!! But one lady had gorgeous waist lenght curls and very thick hair! It was naturally red too. It was beautiful and she was tall so stretched out her hair is probably twice as long as mine.

Stagecoach
June 22nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
I've been there since waist length. However, when I'm out my hair is usually up, so most people don't realise how long it is. But I like it that way... it's kinda my little secret!

Delenn
June 22nd, 2008, 06:59 AM
At work I became the longest when I passed BSL. For a short while around WL I had competition when a new woman with long silver hair transferred to us, but she chopped it all off soon after she got there. :( There's a few ladies who I've noticed have started letting it grow recently, I've meant to talk to them to find out their hair goals but they're in a different building. They've often complimented my hair and I notice theirs is getting quite long so I'm just curious, maybe I'll point them here. :)

One coworker who is a little younger than me used to have tailbone length hair, she chopped hers off back when I did my own big chop maybe 6 years ago or so. She's kept hers short ever since...

EDIT: Ohmygosh I'm embarassed. I just realized that I totally forgot John, our IT guy! He has been sporting a braid that hovers just past BSL for years. I'm so embarassed for forgetting him!! I would put his hair at the lower back to WL range. So I'm wrong, I'd say I became longest at around WL. John is my biggest hair-fan at work, he is probably the only person who notices when I do a different bun or I'm wearing a new hairtoy. :)

Speedbump
June 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
In my family, it was after my brother got his hair cut right before chemotherapy. (He gave his braid to Mom, and she still cherishes it. :heartbeat: )

In my office, it was last year when I finally overtook the only other truly longhaired woman in the newsroom. She was totally OK with that, BTW, and we give each other hair compliments. :cool::cheese:

Altocumulus
June 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Lol, when my daughter cut hers from classic to BSL.

I know several people with waist to hip length, but few longer.

Kiraela
June 22nd, 2008, 02:23 PM
in my normal daily life: I'm always the longest by a good 6" or so... I see a few waist-ies here, but mostly it's shoulder to BSL...

When DBF and I actually go do something fun (which is typically goth night at the bar some of our friends work at)... I'm the longest by a few inches, or shorter by a foot, depending on whether or not C. is there that night.

Mebo
June 22nd, 2008, 02:26 PM
For certain when I came to work here in October. No one has past waist but me. I sometimes see women in Wal Mart with longer hair, but not usually.

nicolezoie
June 22nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
I'd say about the time I passed around mid-thigh I was the longest 99.99999% of the time. Where I live there are alot of ethnic women who keep their hair very very long, and there's a Pentecostal church nearby as well. But it wasn't until I passed knee length where I was most certainly the longest I saw in any given 6-month period. There's a girl who either still works at or used to work at the local pet store with hair at knee length. :D

embee
June 22nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
I almost always have the longest hair in the room - either at work, other work, church, or play. Odd, that. It's been that way since BSL but I never really thought about it before.

The other day at the bank there was a young woman with lovely honeyblond wavy TB hair, and I complimented her. I was astonished she was wearing it in a long low ponytail, because the weather was st*nking hot and I could not have managed that more than 5 minutes. We chatted about hairsticks and I mentioned LHC and she put her hair up in a scrunchy-bun right there before she left the bank. That's the only competition I've had in *months*, and I'm at (just barely) classic (and I fear terminal).

lirael
June 22nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
I go to a large university and I don't think anyone here has hair significantly longer than my mid-thigh length hair. I've seen a few at classic and I have a dear friend and a twin sister with hair nearly as long as mine, so I don't usually feel too unusual.

socks
June 22nd, 2008, 11:23 PM
For about ten years, my hair has almost always been the longest hair in the room, and I haven't seen anyone at all with hair as long as mine in two or three years. People usually have no clue how long my hair is, though, which can sometimes be amusing. Last semester, for example, there were two girls in one of my classes who had tailbone length hair, and they both got quite a few compliments, which made me feel like showing off my calf-length hair. I finally decided to wear my hair down to class one day, and the open-mouthed stares I got in class made combing out the tangles later that night worth it. :D

share801
June 23rd, 2008, 01:56 AM
Funny you should ask as I always check out the hair and pout when someone has it longer. I'm at waist, but often find people with it longer and especially THICKER!

DecafJane
June 23rd, 2008, 02:26 AM
When I was the only one in it! :p Sorry, had to be said. ;)

toodramatik
June 23rd, 2008, 02:36 AM
When I was the only one in it! :p Sorry, had to be said. ;)

BAHAHAHAHA.

Me too.:D

Dianyla
June 23rd, 2008, 03:20 AM
Sometime between classic and mid-thigh, when I was a teenager.

Nini
June 23rd, 2008, 03:52 AM
I don't think I ever noticed;)

Nini

constantki
September 12th, 2010, 05:52 AM
I never have been. There's a girl that I see everyday who has hair that is at least 5 inches longer than mine is.

tinti
September 12th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I don't know. I mean, I'm the one with the longest hair in the family, but I see people on the street with like waist lenght hair and even hip. I think waist/hip lenght is sorta common where I live, but then again, people with really long hair is allways accused of using extentions, so maybe not :p

jane53
September 12th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Probably in 1969 and it has been ever since. It's the longest hair at my workplace--including faculty, staff, and students.

dreamsofnorns
September 12th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I became the longest in my home once my hair passed shoulder length.
At ballet class: One of the younger girls had longer hair, but she chopped it off when she turned fifteen, and another girl moved away when she went to college... her's was a little passed waist.
At school: One of my friends still has longer hair than I do and I have been meaning to teach her how to braid... My voice teacher used to have passed waist length hair, but she chopped it off a few years ago.
Most of the people I am around most of the time have shoulder length or shorter though. It's so hot in the summer here in South Carolina (and in Louisiana when I am stuck in the humidity) that I think people chop their hair off just so they don't get heat stroke.

I just remembered the longest hair I've ever seen in my life... my baby sitter when I was little. She had the most amazing ankle-length straight red hair. She told me she used to take four hours to wash it, dry it, and put it up in a bun. After she got married, she cut it to her chin and gave it to locks of love. I always thought she must have been very brave to do that.

Peggy E.
September 12th, 2010, 07:53 AM
My hair became the "longest in the room" when I got a couple of terriers with comparatively short coats..... ;o)

Angeletti
September 12th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I would have to say probably since it was waist length mine has seemed to be the longest. I rarely see anyone past BSL around here and if I do then it's just around mid back. I was happy the other month when a woman came in my store and had a little beyond classic length but she wasn't from around here, go figure.

HintOfMint
September 12th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I just remembered the longest hair I've ever seen in my life... my baby sitter when I was little. She had the most amazing ankle-length straight red hair. She told me she used to take four hours to wash it, dry it, and put it up in a bun. After she got married, she cut it to her chin and gave it to locks of love. I always thought she must have been very brave to do that.

Oh my goodness, I can only imagine how beautiful it was.

lesbia
September 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I'm at waist and I have the longest hair with 2-3 people.. Now I'm waiting for hip and then I'll be the person with the longest hair!!

swanns
September 12th, 2010, 09:31 AM
It's funny how when I started high school six years ago I was the one with the shortest hair in my group of friends, but now I'm the one with the longest by a mile (not literally :D ). At the uni there are some girls with classic length hair or even longer though so I don't always win. ;) It's not a competition but it's fun to check.

IcarusBride
September 12th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Waist is quite common her and TB is slightly less so but not something people would notice. I saw a girl with classic length hair and one with knee length hair at my University.

1nuitblanche
September 12th, 2010, 10:40 AM
About 2 years ago, I had the longest hair in any of my classes - it was mbl then. When it got to waist, all of a sudden, my hair was the longest in my extended family - always before 2 of my cousins had longer hair, but they both cut back to bsl. Now, my hair is still longer than all of my colleagues. It's not super long, and not always the longest in the room, but it usually is. Although, because I also wear it up all the time, people often think it is shorter.

Babyfine
September 12th, 2010, 10:57 AM
My hair is short by LHC standards(now down to bottom of BSL) but I've had the longest hair in the room many- many times. Most women my age have either a bob or a pixie, and even among young women I often have the longest hair in the room.
I was a a funtion a couple of weeks ago where there was a woman there with beautiful waist length hair - and when I go to the fair or the larger city I sometimes see those with longer hair.

squiggyflop
September 12th, 2010, 01:07 PM
i was hip length when i finally got to be the one with the longest hair.. waist length isnt too uncommon in my colleges ( i go to 2 colleges.. dont ask why).. so there are tons of people in the room with 'long' hair.. mine is now almost always the longest now that its tailbone length.. at classic ill be looking mighty strange

Kristin
September 12th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Mine is at waist and it is the longest at work. When I go out to the mall or restaurants, it is often the longest, but not always. There seem to be quite a few teens and 20-somethings with long hair in my area.

Cirafly24
September 12th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I have almost always had the longest hair amongst my friends and family...they tend toward shorter styles, BSL is the absolute longest any of them have grown before cutting it.

My hair is about 1" away from TBL right now, and I'd say my hair is the longest in the room 90% of the time. I work in a building with about 1000 other women, though, so I have seen at least 2 with hair longer than mine. Of course, it's hard to tell, because many people with very long hair keep it up most of the time.

Juneii
September 12th, 2010, 02:35 PM
about now at TBL, although I have spotted a few with longer hair than mine :)

Amraann
September 12th, 2010, 02:40 PM
When I was 6 and my hair was almost to my knees.

Except for a brief time in my teens and early twenty's my hair is usually the longest on average at top of my thigh length.

HuggyBear
September 12th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Around here? Probably BSL. The norm is usually APL & above. Every once in a while I will see someone with longer hair than mine, but it is usually when I go out of town.

JenniferNoel
September 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Not even near TBL. During those days I lived within the vicinity of some folks with waist length, thigh length, a guy with floor length, and several other memorable folks with like lengths.
You have to have something to headbang with eh? :p

mglmdvd
September 12th, 2010, 04:35 PM
When I first joined the forum I remember constantly looking around in real life for people with longer hair then me. Mainly because I wasn't sure what my final goal would be and wanted to see the different lengths. Plus it's inspiring to see hair longer then yours and how great it can look. I think sometime around waist length I realized that I wasn't seeing a lot of hair that was longer then mine. And now that I'm at tailbone it's such a rarity that I'll stop to take a second look, it's really memorable now to realize I'm not the one with the longest hair.

It still isn't the longest of some of the people I am around, when you include women. If men only, at mid-back.

I don't see much response from men - I would be interested in hearing their responses too.

InTheCity
September 12th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Just now have I hit a point where I'm often the longest haired person. At work for sure (there aren't many women.)

I wasn't going to go to waste but now that I'm at BSL, I just may try. Then I'll definitely be the longest of anyone I know/have known.

No wait, I have a cousin...

eezepeeze
September 12th, 2010, 04:58 PM
At home, out of my family, I've had the longest hair for about 10 years.

In the outside world, though, I rarely have the longest hair. In fact, my hair would not be considered that long around here. There is a large Apostolic community in my town, and they don't believe in women cutting their hair, so it is quite common for me to see women with hair to their knees or ankles. Even in my evening class, there is one girl with hair longer than me. She's at hip and I am creeping toward waist.

tanya222
September 12th, 2010, 11:44 PM
When did your hair become the longest in the room?

Probably a good several years ago! Last place I worked (a factory) I was already far surpassed anyone else in there (mostly Vietnamese who had at most about APL). On the extremely rare occasion I would let my hair down after work for all to see, guys would stop and stare or compliment me (and not much would normally stop those guys on their way out).

Where I work now (coffee shop) I also easily surpass any of my co-workers. The closest length to mine is about WL or so (judging from how it looks in her ponytail).

Years ago I saw a young woman with classic length hair, downtown, which technically isn't 'in a room' but sometimes I wonder if she was still growing her hair she must be at about knee length by now which would far surpass me!

trolleypup
September 13th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I has been the longest in some situations for a long long time, but, there has never been a time when I did not see people with longer hair more or less frequently.

rosek
September 13th, 2010, 03:48 AM
In the last eight months, I've had the longest hair in my classes at Uni. I think there is one girl in my (very large) statistics class whose hair may be longer then mine - but I think she just has a more blunt hemline.

Secretly, its a very good feeling :p

Othala
September 13th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Oh, about 3 months ago.

Misery
September 13th, 2010, 04:35 AM
I recently noticed I had the longest hair in my classes... but I've probably had the longest hair in any of my classes over the past 3 years.

Cupofmilk
September 13th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I don't think mine will ever be. I think it will need to hit 43+ inches to be that way...thats about 11 inches more than it is now so what 3 years and buy then someone else will have knee lnegth

RedStripe
September 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
My status as "longest hair in the room" came when my coworker who was the place's other longhair left her job.:)

cmnt831
September 13th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I think I have the longest hair in my family (extended family included - and it's very extensive :D), but I regularly see people around this area with hair anywhere from hip to knee - men and women both. Knee is far less common obviously....

(Oh, haha, this was my 1000th post!) :D

BunnyBee
September 13th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I still see people with longer hair than mine, but sometimes mine is the longest. I think the first time I noticed that I had the longest hair in the room, it was lower BSL. Than somebody with waist-length hair arrived and that was the end of that.
Don't you just hate it when that happens? :p

I have the longest hair in many rooms, but not nearly enough for my liking.

Henrietta
September 13th, 2010, 10:45 AM
In my family- my cousin has hip-ish hair.
In my room... I will have only one roommate, she has hair shorter than mine. I don't know my flat mates yet. I'll tell you in a few weeks;)
It's a great feeling to have the longest hair in the room/flat, but I really wouldn't mint it if it will turn out that one of my flat mates is a long hair lover too.

pookatrina
September 13th, 2010, 11:14 AM
My roommate is classic length & almost mid-thigh, so I'm never the one with long hair.

aenflex
September 13th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Ha ha! When I started sharing an office with a man.

Chestershire
September 13th, 2010, 01:17 PM
almost all girls in my class have waist-lenght hair, so it's gonna take me a while

ravenreed
September 13th, 2010, 01:44 PM
My hair is usually, but not always, the longest in the room. I have a few acquaintances that I will never catch up, nor is that my goal. One has a braid that is longer than classic. I have a friend that was about the same length as me, but she recently had a large trim and is now at mid back/almost waist.

Aquamarine
September 13th, 2010, 03:04 PM
My hair is classic length now. It's always been around hip+ pretty much all my life. I'm the longest hair in my school.:cheese: All of my friends have hair between APL - BSL. There're quite a few who have waist-ish hair.

Oh and by the way, I'm kinda popular in my class as "the girl with long hair":p:D;)

christine1989
September 13th, 2010, 03:17 PM
In high school I had waist length hair for a time and I usually had the longest hair in the classroom. Now my hair is just scraping BSL plus I'm in HUGE college classes so my hair is far from the longest.

Carolyn
September 13th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Most of the time when I'm out in public my hair is up in a bun and people have no idea how long it is. I love to "hair watch" so I'm always observing other people's hair. I often do have the longest hair in the room but no one knows but me. That can give me a small sense of personal satisfaction. Only another LHCer would know what I mean.

Roseate
September 13th, 2010, 11:35 PM
My brother is at tailbone, and he is more than a foot taller than me, so I would probably have to be at knee before I beat him!

Right before I did my big chop a few years back, I was around hip, and getting to be reliably the longest in my university classes. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to my hair at the time, so I was surprised when people would mention my "really long hair"; it had kind of snuck up on me!

ilovelonghair
September 13th, 2010, 11:52 PM
I don't have the longest hair (past waist), but amongst my friends I beat them easily. I rarely see someone with hair longer than mine when in town.

Natalia
September 14th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Well becasue i was homeschooled since middle school and most of the people i knew were from sports and wanted the ease of short hair ive nearly always been the one witht he longest hair. Certainly since i was 13 - 14 though. But you have to take into account i dont accept extensions and longhair :p. Nothing against people who want them but to me they are like push up bras ;). After being at the JC for a year i started occasionally running into people with longer hair then me. Though now that im TB its even more rare so i appreciate the sight alot more than when i was a teenageer.

Phexlyn
September 14th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Noone in my family (except DBF who has MBL hair) has hair below shoulder length... my hair has always been the longest in the family.

At university it's become rare to see many people with waist and longer hair, so I guess I almost always had the longest hair since hip/tailbone. Except for those rare occasions where the girl with thigh length is around. I also know we have a girl with around knee length, but she's in a different department.

At work, well my boss has tailbone length hair...

jackiesjottings
September 16th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I am now the one with the longest hair at work :)) (only a couple of inches off classic). There is one other lady with probably tailbone length hair, and another one between BSL and waist, plus two long haired men, one at waist and one what would be bsl on a woman. So yay... longest hair at work :))

Alcenaia
September 17th, 2010, 10:12 PM
...it's really memorable now to realize I'm not the one with the longest hair.

I can count on one hand the people I have met/seen in real life that have hair longer than mine, so it's definitely memorable.

I had the longest hair in high school and have the longest hair now at university. I probably did in middle school and most of elementary school too, although I wasn't paying attention. At work this past summer, there was one girl with knee-length. Inspirational.

I've been there since waist length. However, when I'm out my hair is usually up, so most people don't realise how long it is. But I like it that way... it's kinda my little secret!

Call me vain, but I love this too. :blushing: Last year I redid my bun in class, and the girl behind me was astounded at how I fit "all that hair" into that bun. :D

For about ten years, my hair has almost always been the longest hair in the room, and I haven't seen anyone at all with hair as long as mine in two or three years. People usually have no clue how long my hair is, though, which can sometimes be amusing. Last semester, for example, there were two girls in one of my classes who had tailbone length hair, and they both got quite a few compliments, which made me feel like showing off my calf-length hair. I finally decided to wear my hair down to class one day, and the open-mouthed stares I got in class made combing out the tangles later that night worth it. :D

I do this habitually. It's my updo challenge--I wear it up to class every day until the last day of the semester. And you're totally right, the stares are worth it. :p

JamieLeigh
September 20th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I've pretty much always been the longest hair in the room, not counting shopping trips where I see others with longer (because that is pretty much every time since we have Apostolic and Pentecostal churches here...though not so much lately for some reason.:confused:). No one in my family ever makes it past BSL, and when they do, they pretty much immediately go back to shoulder-ish. It kind of reminds me of cartoon characters dipping a toe into icy water and shivering and running away. :p At school, I was always the longest, as I had it nearly to knee, though damaged and color fried to death. :eek:

And like others, I wear it up 99.9% of the time, so I'm still the longest and no one really knows it. Hehehe. :D

Dragon
September 24th, 2010, 03:06 AM
I just realised I'm the longest in my unit coplex 2day. Not sure how long I have been the longest for.

Little_Bird
September 24th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Well, the girls in my family always had very long hair. I became the longest hair in the room when they decided to cut theirs... :(

On the other hand, I probably was the boy with the longest hair since lower back or so... Now it's very rare for me to find people with longer hair.

I think usually waist lenght or tailbone are the limit for most people... Oh well! :p

Neaira
September 25th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I became the longest hair in the room when my feance dreaded his hair:)

verene
September 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I live in an area that seems to have a fair amount of long hair, as I frequently see up to tail bone length, and up at the college campus have spotted at least 3 people with thigh+. So my nearing TB-length hair seems long but not unusual.

I just started a new job this last week, and it's occurring to me that I think I have the longest hair by quite a bit. The longest hair I've seen so far is APL and most of the women maintain around shoulder. On the flip side we have one male whose hair is almost to midback, and dress code is fairly relaxed, so I know it's not company policy that women have short hair, but they all seem to anyway. So I'm now feeling like my hair is *really* long and it's making me a bit self-conscious.