PDA

View Full Version : what length is this? tb?

joyinc
June 20th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I have no clue... i was thinking about cutting it *again!* and then noticed that i may be at tailbone? now i dont know if i should cut, or hold out for classic.

i think i just havent liked how my hair has been since i stopped wearing it in rollers at night... now that it's longer it's a pain in the butt... but my older pics certainly look nicer then lately. course, i stopped using the rollers because my hair is oilier now then it used to be... but that's another thread :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/joyinc/hair/growth/length001.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/joyinc/hair/growth/length002.jpg

unaspenser
June 20th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Looks like TB to me! I think your hair is gorgeous in both those pics. I can understand why you might want to cut, but I'd say don't give up! Maybe you could do regular micro-trims or small cuts (1/2" or less) to start evening up without losing much length.

joyinc
June 20th, 2008, 09:23 AM
awww thank you! that's kinda what i am leaning towards... maybe just at least to clean up the ends cause they are so uneven and all over the place!

:)

Riot Crrl
June 20th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I'd say TB too and very pretty... when I was at that length even a very small trim could improve my detangling efforts so much that it felt like I had all new hair.

morgwn
June 20th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I'd definitely said tail bone! However, I were you I'd leave it and not cut until I got to around classic (if that's a length you're thinking you've like) and then even up the ends, keeping it around that length. Your hair IS gorgeous, so I think you'd look lovely with classic length.

Ohio Sky
June 20th, 2008, 10:37 AM
:thud: Your hair is gorgeous! I cant wait until I hit this length! Definitely TB.

awww thank you! that's kinda what i am leaning towards... maybe just at least to clean up the ends cause they are so uneven and all over the place!

:)

In the second pic it seems like theres a chunk of hair on the left side that is a bit longer than the rest, but I dont see it in the first pic so it may just be the way youre standing or something. If this is the case, or if your ends need help, you could do microtrims for a while and see if that helps with whatever is making you want to cut, but if you are going for classic, dont take that much off right now!

Your hemline is a bit uneven and fairytaled, but I think it works well on you. I actually think a blunt hemline would make your hair look weird somehow.

Euphony
June 20th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I'd say TB too and very pretty... when I was at that length even a very small trim could improve my detangling efforts so much that it felt like I had all new hair.
I absolutely agree with this. I get my hair trimmed every 6 months, after about 4 months I can feel a bit of a difference in my hair (apparently others can't) but it starts to feel a bit 'wooley' to me, after my trim my hair is extraordinarily soft all the way to the tip and the comb slides through so much easier. I get 1/4" trimmed when I get it trimmed.

JessTheMess
June 20th, 2008, 11:48 AM
TB TB TB TB TB!!!!!!

I say hold out for classic!!

Sherri
June 20th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Looks like TB to me. i would say don't cut it and go for classic.

manderly
June 20th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Noooo, that's not TB, it's buttcrack!! Looks awesome!

FrannyG
June 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Wow, it's at least tailbone and so beautiful! :flowers: I say go for Classic, with some microtrims along the way.

SweetPea88
June 20th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Definitely at tailbone! I'd also suggest doing small trims and go for classic! :)

spidermom
June 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I was thinking a little shorter than tailbone, but who am I to blow against the wind?
Congratulations.

joyinc
June 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks so much everyone! I can always count on coming here and feeling better about my hair when it starts to get on my nerves!

I think I will just do a micro trim for now, and see if I can get any closer to classic... i hear that sometimes at certain lengths hair is easier to deal with, so here's hoping classic is easier then TB.

In the second pic it seems like theres a chunk of hair on the left side that is a bit longer than the rest, but I dont see it in the first pic so it may just be the way youre standing or something. If this is the case, or if your ends need help, you could do microtrims for a while and see if that helps with whatever is making you want to cut, but if you are going for classic, dont take that much off right now!
I need to do something about that chunk! in some pics it's on the left, and sometimes it's on the right... i think it just falls weird, but every time i cut it, i still get it... it's like one clump grows faster then the rest

LOL, that made me laugh. We should make that an official length :D

coppercurls
June 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
I vote tailbone & gorgeous!:)

PetiteHatter
July 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM
TB! Your hair is really pretty! :)

Angellen
July 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM
I actually agree that TB is an inch or so more, unless your pants are very low. ;)

Regardless, your hair looks beautiful! I love the color in those pics!

joyinc
July 1st, 2008, 08:48 PM
thanks everyone!

hmmm... those pants are pretty low... i dont even really know where tailbone is lol... i suppose i'm somewhere inbetween :)

mamachanse
July 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the length thing, but just wanted to pop in and say you have gorgeous hair!

YumiYume
July 2nd, 2008, 03:00 AM
your hair looks realy beautiful ^^!

KarenLynn
July 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
I also think it's a couple of inches shy of tailbone. Either way, it's gorgeous. I love your color! :thumbsup: If you're not sure what you want to do with it, you could always maintain the current length while you think about it. Or just let it grow while you think, and cut back when you feel like it.

brok3nwings
July 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
I think your hair is beautiful!!! And it seams to me a bit as a rock and roll kind of :) ( in a good way)
but i dont know about what to call it...cause i dnt really know the names etc

Radulfr
July 3rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
It's tailbone.
Go for Classic. Why not?

Then go for beyond classic!

Starr
July 3rd, 2008, 06:33 PM

Yay for buttcrack length (BCL)!:cheese:

Your hair looks lovely!

FlowerHair
July 10th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I thought that length was called hip length and tailbone was further down? I'm not an expert so... Congratulations :D
I'm at BCL now (butt crack length) :lol:

joyinc
July 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM
i have no idea where tailbone is lol... but i'm perfectly happy with buttcrack!