PDA

View Full Version : What length would you say this is?

Kherome
June 4th, 2011, 09:06 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/0604112118-1.jpg

Can I call it hip?:confused:

WittyWordsmith
June 4th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Right now I'd say waist, but it could be at your hip if it were wet. :)

mrs carol
June 4th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Looks like waist length to me.

Kherome
June 4th, 2011, 09:15 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/11111.jpg

Pink line is at my waist. So it cannot be waist. Waist is def way above the top of my jeans and that is where my hair rests now.

AmericanWoman
June 4th, 2011, 09:18 PM
It's at your hip. It's way past your waist.

long&blonde
June 4th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I've been wondering the same thing, I have no way to post photos;but my hair is same length as your's. I've been thinking of it as "Just hitting hip" .

xoerincolleen
June 4th, 2011, 09:28 PM
It's definitely way past waist, but it looks to me like it's just at your hip...you could probably grow a couple more inches still in the "hip" range.

Kherome
June 4th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Well it's getting a trim tomorrow if I don't lose my nerve. Probably .5" so not a huge difference. So I'll be "hipish" for awhile LOL

Avital88
June 5th, 2011, 12:44 AM
First i want to say it doenst look like you need a trim already, your ends look super healthy.
About the lenght: You are not waist but nor hip yet too, i would say anotherr inch. Hip is always hard to determine, I was your lenght in Januari and now i'm almost tailbone.. I trimmed 3inches and will get a last trim for the year in August, so i think in 6 months you are longer than me :D
Your color is really awesome by the way ..

Loreley
June 5th, 2011, 01:01 AM
I would call it "almost hip length". :D

Dragon
June 5th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I think it looks like hip.

MagicAndMayhem
June 5th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Uhhhh does it touch your hipbone at all?

MonaLisa
June 5th, 2011, 02:58 AM
i'd say really really close to hip, and rather call it hip length than waist length, it's way past waist. i love the color, and it looks really great!

Mesmerise
June 5th, 2011, 03:07 AM
I'd call it hip for sure. Hips are rather big things, so there are always going to be a few inches of "hip" length hair, your's is on the "just hip" side rather than the solidly hip side...but I think...hip is still hip!

Safira
June 5th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Hips?

And your hair is beautiful.

pepperminttea
June 5th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Couple of inches to go, but nearly hip. :) I'm in the same boat.

julliams
June 5th, 2011, 03:54 AM
This is one of those classic examples of many thinking waist is where the jeans come up to. You are actually inches past waist although if the general public where to call it, they would most likely say "waist-length hair". Think of the 80's when we all wore our jeans up to our actual waist which is where the OP marks her photo with the pink line. I still cringe when I think of my "paper bag" jeans from the mid 80's - you know, large waist drawn in like a paperbag with a belt? Niiiice. Kind of like these...

http://www.thefashionpolice.net/images/2008/10/27/acne_jeans.jpg

Now that most jeans are worn on the hips, the hip area often gets confused for the actual waist which is alot higher.

I would say that you are at the top of the hip area, kind of "can I call this hip?" Your length is my goal length. I'm calling my goal "hip" but it's actually where you are now.

Your hair is lovely - congrats.

Mesmerise
June 5th, 2011, 04:47 AM
This is one of those classic examples of many thinking waist is where the jeans come up to. You are actually inches past waist although if the general public where to call it, they would most likely say "waist-length hair". Think of the 80's when we all wore our jeans up to our actual waist which is where the OP marks her photo with the pink line. I still cringe when I think of my "paper bag" jeans from the mid 80's - you know, large waist drawn in like a paperbag with a belt? Niiiice. Kind of like these...

Now that most jeans are worn on the hips, the hip area often gets confused for the actual waist which is alot higher.

I would say that you are at the top of the hip area, kind of "can I call this hip?" Your length is my goal length. I'm calling my goal "hip" but it's actually where you are now.

Your hair is lovely - congrats.

I still wear jeans to my real waist lol. Maybe it's cause I'm short but most jeans reach there anyway (as do other sorts of pants), but as it is... if pants don't go all the way to my waist, I find them very uncomfortable and errm... like they're gonna fall down or something!

But yeah, many make the mistake of seeing the top of jeans as the "waist" even though they don't go that high on most people!

vintage88
June 5th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I would say hip, I also think it is stunning :D

PianoPlaye
June 5th, 2011, 07:55 AM
It wouldn't be at all correct to ask for a nude photo and anyway, without knowing where your skeleton is too, it's moot. I'd happily say well past waist but I don't know if it's hip or not as where is hip? The bone? (There are several inches of sacroiliac, anyway.) The most flare on the curve? (Be certain when you can sit on it?)

And, as the others have also pointed out - no matter how long or short exactly, your hair is Glorious!

Kherome
June 5th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks, and no, I don't wear jeans to my waist. Do they even sell those anymore? Because I have a 36" inseam I can only buy a few places. I buy Wrangler Q-Babys, Gap, and VS mostly as they carry 36" inseams. None of them go to the waist, and especially with VS some are quite low. As long as my undies are under wraps I'm ok with low though LOL.

The photo isn't my best as it was literally minutes before a much needed wash. But I though I'd better document it before I got the trim. Though now I'm a little waffle-y on getting the trim. It seems the longer you go without a trim the harder it is to go back in to get one!

It is interesting, isn't it, how so few people are aware of where our waist actually is? My mother and I had this same discussion when she told a friend of hers "My daughter has waist length hair." And I said it was longer than waist. I showed her my waist, and then my hip bone and she was like "Oh yeah I guess it is." But then she wears jeans almost to her actual waist so I suppose that is her landmark.

Kherome
June 5th, 2011, 08:07 AM
It wouldn't be at all correct to ask for a nude photo and anyway, without knowing where your skeleton is too, it's moot. I'd happily say well past waist but I don't know if it's hip or not as where is hip? The bone? (There are several inches of sacroiliac, anyway.) The most flare on the curve? (Be certain when you can sit on it?)

And, as the others have also pointed out - no matter how long or short exactly, your hair is Glorious!

I think by LHC standards "When you can sit on it" is considered Classic. I'm no where near that! :(

Firefly
June 5th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I've always thought waist was the narrowest part of your torso, and by that definition you're definitely past waist. I'd say you're just about hip.

ETA: very pretty hair, BTW!

jojo
June 5th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Your hip without a doubt, your hair is looking lovely.

Have you lost weight?

jojo
June 5th, 2011, 08:38 AM

hair that you can sit on is classic length, this is where the hair covers your bum and touches top of thighs.:)

Kherome
June 5th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Your hip without a doubt, your hair is looking lovely.

Have you lost weight?

Haha, yes I have. I was actually just celebrating over in the weight loss thread. I am down about 14lbs at this point.

Rocket22
June 5th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I would totally call it hip beautiful hair!

alyanna
June 5th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'd still call it waist as well, because even though it's past waist, it still hasn't reached hip.

And the area between waist and hip is still "waist".

You could go for "almost hip" or "waist and a half" :p

Kherome
June 5th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I dunno. Waist doesn't feel right anymore, yet hip seems just a bit off.

beccababesx
June 5th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Wow this has divided opinions haha! I think this highlights how there is a lot of confusion about the lengths between waist and tailbone - people aren't completely sure about those. As far as I know, the LHC and George Michael standard is:
Waist is the smallest part (not your elbows or your tummy button, even though these may coincide)
Hip - the very top of the hip bone (not the widest part - that's closer to TB or classic)
Tailbone - the end of the actual tailbone or coccyx, you can feel it between your butt cheeks
Classic - where the crease of your butt meets your thighs.
-thats as far as i know, please feel free to correct me.
Hope that helps!

CrystalStar
June 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
By that definition I have some insane merged waist/hip measurement. :laugh:

Your hair is looking far past waist length and the colour is lovely. :)

Joliebaby
June 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM
It looks like it's touching the top of hips definitely! I call it hip!

MissManda
June 5th, 2011, 03:33 PM
It's definitely hip length. :D Congrats!

Mesmerise
June 5th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I think it's confusing for some people because hips encompass so much more space than waist. I mean... really the narrowest part of you is relatively small... maybe you hit waist and then go an inch or so down and you're "past" waist because your body is widening at that point. And yet hips are large and you can have several inches of "hip length" before hair reaches BCL (which I guess would be the next marker). So hair between waist and hip would, to me, be "longer than waist" or "past waist". And this would occur before I reached hip...but I STILL wouldn't call it "waist" anymore as it would be past that marker.

If that makes sense!

growingpains
June 5th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Ummm way past waist, clearly. I think it makes no sense to call hair your length waist considering it is many, many inches past it. I agree with "call I call this hip length". You're *just* at hip it seems. From the photo you are grazing the top of your hips, but not solidly in the hip range, which is several inches long.

I think whether or not you call yourself hip depends on at which point on your hips you consider hip and whether or not you want to claim hip when you first hit it or when you are solidly, without a doubt, in the thick of it.

ETA: my goal is also hip as per my avatar info, BUT, my actual goal, like someone else mentioned is your length (i.e. just brushing hip). Looking stunning. I hope I can grow mine like that one day. I also don't think it looks like it needs a trim! Very healthy seeming! xoxo

jojo
June 5th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Haha, yes I have. I was actually just celebrating over in the weight loss thread. I am down about 14lbs at this point.

I can tell your looking lovely, 14lbs wow! i must have your secret >>>> slopes off to weightloss thread! congratulations!

Annibelle
June 5th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I'd say half an inch and you'll be hip!

Kherome
June 5th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I can tell your looking lovely, 14lbs wow! i must have your secret >>>> slopes off to weightloss thread! congratulations!

Hehe, I do have a secret, but there are no shortcuts for sure. :D

C.H.
June 5th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'd call this hip. To me, if it touches your hip bone, it's hip length. Pretty simple criteria.

ifthemoonsmiled
June 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM
"Waistband-length"? Seriously, it seems like it's right at the top of your jeans. Which means, if they fit anything like mine, that it is just an inch above your hipbones. Whatever the official name for your length, it is gorgeous!

RubyEmpress
June 5th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I'd call it hip for sure. Hips are rather big things, so there are always going to be a few inches of "hip" length hair, your's is on the "just hip" side rather than the solidly hip side...but I think...hip is still hip!

I agree! I think you can call yourself hip :)

Barbie Diamond
June 5th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Close to hip! probably only need an inch or so.

Kherome
June 6th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Maybe we should come to some sort of LHC standard for what point on the hip qualifies as "hip lenght" LOL