PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna do it!

Kherome
June 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Tomorrow, first trim in 6 months. Eek...Trims always make me so nervous, ever since I said to the lady "Half inch" and she took 3.5" instead.

Maybe it was unnecessary but I went to the salon tonight, and talked to the lady who'll be cutting it tomorrow. I told her about the above mentioned experience and told her "I need to know in no uncertain terms that when I tell you .5 inch, you cut .5 inch and no more." We also demonstrated what .5 inch means to each of us to make sure. So tomorrow I go!

HairFaerie
June 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Cool! Good luck! :)

Kristamommyx3
June 4th, 2011, 08:11 PM
That is a little neurotic...and I would totally do the same thing!:D. They didn't patiently baby that length, and they usually couldn't care less if you say .5 and they're thinking more...I let my mother cut it for me, she never cuts more than I ask, thankfully. Now salons I've been to, that's another story.

akuamoonmaui
June 4th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow!!

LaurelSpring
June 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I would tell her again when I got there just to be on the safe side. :o Actually it just got too stressful and I do it myself now.

PF Graham
June 4th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I have a long standing relationship with my 'cutter' and she knows what I say is what I mean.

GOOD LUCK!

- P

Mesmerise
June 4th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Good luck! I hope you'll get EXACTLY what you ask for. This is why I self trim now too :o at least while I'm growing I can keep better control of my length when I do it myself, even if it isn't as perfect looking as a salon job.

Still, if you are very, very clear about your expectations you have ever right to expect that the hairdresser will cut your hair to your specifications! If you're at all worried, bring a friend who can watch.

long&blonde
June 4th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Good luck tomorrow. I totally feel you. I'd be a nervous wreck too. The last time I allmost got my hair trimmed;I'm approaching 2 years with no trims:the stylist I trust(due to he had waist length hair when I first spotted him,peeping in salon door;He was going home for the evening. Rather than make an apt? I yelled "woo hoo! You just made my night!" And RAN from the salon. This is my Regular salon. As regular as a salon can be for me. Second time I ran from the place. First time I bolted when the receptionist w/a chin length bob came to "keep me company "while I waited,& began by sharing she used to have long hair like mine.but she cut her's & never looked back, a "bob like her's would be so attractive on me." It was winter. She'd hung up my coat. I had to run,retreive my coat;w/this receptionist Chasing me. And remember,I'm 56. Good thing I am so panicked when I return to the salon;it drowns out any embarrassment. Crossing my fingers for you!

Joribear
June 4th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Good luck tomorrow! If nothing else, I think you going to talk to the cutter today was a great idea; opening up those lines of communication is key to a good trim! :)

JadeTigress
June 4th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I completely understand, I've had similar stuff happen. I havn't had a trim in about 5 months and need to get it done. I was about to go to the salon, but then I remembered that they don't understand what it means when I say, "I just want a slight dusting. I'm growing my hair and I want to keep as much of the length as possible."

But my mom does. She always did my trimming back when my hair was classic. So I'm going to go have her trim it for free instead. :p

Kherome
June 4th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I don't have the nerve to cut it myself, and my DH certainly can't! LOL

lindaton
June 4th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I have been thru this so many times. Once ask for 9 in and they took 13. Another time 6 in and she took 9. And yeah afterwards it looked so healthy and thick and it did grow back but it is our hair.

By the way, your hemline looks really good now. Nice and thick. You have very pretty hair.

Linda

Lildove
June 4th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Sending good luck vibes your way! I think you'll walk away from this . hair cut happy. :)

BlueMuse
June 4th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Good luck! I feel really good about the first stylist I've been to in about eight years. One lady jokingly said that I wanted to shave it all off when I was headed back (it was a joke and everyone took it that way, so it didn't bother me). The stylist said she'd need a note from home if I really wanted to do that. And she assumed I was only getting the ends dusted until I told her differently.

Dragon
June 5th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Good luck tomorrow.

Slinks
June 5th, 2011, 05:57 AM
So did you do it ?? :-)

bunzfan
June 5th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Good luck with your hair cut i will be crossing my fingers for you;)

Kherome
June 5th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Not yet. The shop isn't even open yet LOL I'm working hard to get up the nerve!

OneCurlyMan
June 5th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I have a rule for trims.

Only trim when dry.

Otherwise chaos will occur.

luthein
June 5th, 2011, 09:17 AM
When I used to get my hair trimmed, I'd tell them to take off 1/4 inch, when in reality, I wanted 1/2. They usually took closer to 1/2. I like the idea of having a hair supervisor join you! Best of luck to you.

gthlvrmx
June 5th, 2011, 10:46 AM
How'd it go?:D Hope it went well!!

jojo
June 5th, 2011, 07:15 PM
hope it went well. I am totally the same, thats why I started trimming myself, its a lot easier than you think and your in control.

katsrevenge
June 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Hope it went well!

Kherome
June 5th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Everything is good! I'll have to try for another picture soon.

Kherome
June 5th, 2011, 09:53 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/0605112245a.jpg

Seeshami
June 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Take a ruler with you anyways just to make sure.

Kherome
June 6th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I did not. It was fine :)

bunzfan
June 6th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I did not. It was fine :)

If that picture was the after shot, it looks great the ends look nice and thick.

annieangel149
June 6th, 2011, 08:04 AM
yay!!! so glad it went well! it looks fab! you have beautiful long hair ^^

Kherome
June 6th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Yep just a wee snip of the ends. Its kinda humid here so my hair's looking a bit fuzzy in the photo. LOL It's supposed to really let loose with some rain today so maybe we'll shake the humidity soon.

Amber_Maiden
June 6th, 2011, 12:07 PM
If only my hairdresser understood me when I went at the beginning of last month... I explained about how traumatized I as from previous hair cuttings, and I showed her what my version of 3 inches was... And she cut off 9... :(:confused: