PDA

View Full Version : Knots in long hair and my fix for it

IndigoAsh
June 4th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Ok, so I am probably so behind the power curve on this but after so long of dealing with these little self made knots my hair seems to love pumping out I discovered the use of a sewing needle to fix them. I just threaded my hair through the needle and poked it back through the loop to remove the knot. I didn't have to cut it and caught them early enough they hadn't become tight to where I couldn't push the needle back through the loop.
Anyone else do this? For those who haven't thought of doing this yet I hope it helps, I wish I knew about this a few years ago.

HairStickler
June 4th, 2011, 08:30 PM
That is a fantastic idea! I will definitely try that.

Kyla
June 4th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I have never heard of this! Great idea :)

Mesmerise
June 4th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Nice idea! I usually just snip them. Then again, I usually find them when they're solid little knots that would be very hard to untangle :( but if I do find one that hasn't got too small I will definitely try this!

HintOfMint
June 4th, 2011, 09:11 PM
That's some serious dedication.

IndigoAsh
June 5th, 2011, 07:37 AM
haha yeah... I am. I try to exclude scissors as much as humanly possible when it comes to my hair. My husband bought my boys these airplane fans, and when you press the button is makes the blades spin to blow air... well one of them got a few strands of hair wrapped in it when I was trying to put him in his seatbelt. When I started crying cause I had to cut the hairs my husband looked at me like I had lost my mind.

Roscata
June 5th, 2011, 10:42 AM
That's awesome, I would have never thought of that. :D

gthlvrmx
June 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
haha yeah... I am. I try to exclude scissors as much as humanly possible when it comes to my hair. My husband bought my boys these airplane fans, and when you press the button is makes the blades spin to blow air... well one of them got a few strands of hair wrapped in it when I was trying to put him in his seatbelt. When I started crying cause I had to cut the hairs my husband looked at me like I had lost my mind.
Oh us with our long hair...:p Crying when we see those scissors.

Pantha
June 5th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Maybe if your husband was trying to maintain long hair he'd understand.

Amber_Maiden
June 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Makes sense!!!!:)

Eva_M
June 6th, 2011, 02:34 PM
That's a clever tip! Thanks for sharing, I will keep it on mind! :)