PDA

View Full Version : Hair color disaster

Amna
March 13th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Hi,

I recently colored my hair. I applied brown color to my black hair but the roots (thats the hair near the scalp)came out to be orange brown.What can be done other than to color them again.

Darian Moone
March 15th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Hi,

I recently colored my hair. I applied brown color to my black hair but the roots (thats the hair near the scalp)came out to be orange brown.What can be done other than to color them again.

Amna, I've had many color disasters in my time. I would strongly suggest that you consult a professional colorist. I literally destroyed my hair so many times in my attempts to fix a coloring mistake that I can't even count. It's not worth it. I hope it works out for you.

manderly
March 15th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Amna, if you can't get to a colorist soon you can pick up a deposit-only dye like Loving Care (no ammonia/peroxide) to cover the odd orange color.

Since you have very dark hair it is never recommended (if you read the fine print on the color) for you to try to lighten your own hair more than one shade out of a box. If you want to go lighter, I would leave that to a professional.

The orange you are seeing is because the box color first pulls color from your hair prior to depositing the actual color. It either wasn't able to pull (bleach) your hair enough for the color (brown) to deposit properly or something along those lines.

A deposit only color will stain the orange (temporarily) without causing more damage to your hair.

Hope that helps.

jojo
March 16th, 2008, 09:47 AM
good to see you manderly, I was just going to suggest she emails you for advice!

Darian Moone
March 16th, 2008, 02:00 PM
What Manderly said! Seriously, I was not thorough enough with my answer and Manderly has given you a better explanation and better advice. :)

khyricat
March 16th, 2008, 02:12 PM
great advice there, definitely been there in the past.. I had bright orange hair once (for all of the 3 days it took me to research who to have fix it and get my backside into the salon for an appt).. DH will never let me live it down, it was around the time he first met me.. and that was caused by a professional colorists screw up and almost fried my hair.. after that I stopped the auburns and went back to BLACK for several years.. now I henna my almost black with a bunch of whites mixed through it hair..

Amna
March 20th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks alot for the advice it was really helpful.

missy60
March 20th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Also it could of lightened faster because of the heat from your head. When lightening you have to apply it to the length and then the scalp because it doesnt take as long to lighten because of the heat from your scalp.

I would also recommend the demi color or going to a professional.

Blueglass
March 20th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Switch to henna indigo perhaps, since you want dark?

BrianaFineHair
March 20th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Amna, did you use henna or a chemical color?
Just curious.

Amna
March 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM
I used chemical color (roebuck brown shade) on my black hair.
Thanks Blueglass . It seems a nice idea

eva92watson
June 16th, 2014, 03:51 AM
I have seen many color disasters but this one never came to my knowledge. I would suggest you to consider some professionals to color your hair from root to tip.

LadyCelestina
June 16th, 2014, 04:34 AM
eva92watson,hey welcome to LHC! As you can see ,this thread is from 2008 so chances are the OP doesn't struggle with this problem anymore, unless it's a very persistent hair dye that re-colors itself everytime roots grow in.I suppose you could respond to some of the newer threads.

Die,thread,rest in peace.:magic: