PDA

View Full Version : What color is this?

Tabi
June 3rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone I was wondering what color is this?I know it is red but how would you discribe it?Also would it be possible to get it with henna.I know henna does not lightening hair and my hair color is black-dark brown and medium brown at parts.
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/053/b/3/speechless_by_felicefawn.jpg,
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/059/a/8/Woman_by_babyinblue.jpg

Avital88
June 3rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
oh wow! beautifull. uhm kind of a lighter cherry red?

Avital88
June 3rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Or not, its not cherry at all.. whaa tomato soup red? haha i dont know,the first picture makes me want to make my own hair this red:D

jojo
June 3rd, 2011, 03:49 PM
It could be achieved with henna but probably on lighter brown hair with multiple applications. If you wanted to achieve it you may have to lighten your hair a bit. Henna on darker hair tends only to show in the sun. Sort of hard to explain the colour dark red auburny fire engine???

Kathie
The look like two different colors to me- I would say the first one is like a dark copper red and the other is a vibrant red.

Sweet Beat
Hm.. Deep blood red?

I don't know...

Roscata
June 3rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
I would describe it as vibrant red and on dark brown/black hair it's not going to happen with henna, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :( If you were blonde or light brown then yes you could get a color similar to that but not on dark hair. Yemeni henna gives a shade close to that, people sometimes refer to it as cherry red.
I'm medium brown and got my hair to look pretty darn red, but only in sunlight, in soft false light it still looks medium brown.

HairFaerie
June 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
OMG! I LOVE that color! How very pretty!

I would call dark auburn...

jaine
June 3rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
I would describe it by taking those pictures to the hairstylist :D

I don't think you're going to get that color with henna alone. Henna is too orange compared to that. Maybe bleach plus henna plus manic panic. Or a hairstylist could match it more accurately.

Anje
June 3rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
I'd call it "Brilliant dark red" and would bring the pictures to the stylist. Best to make sure you have the same idea in mind!

With henna... I doubt it. Maybe if you started with light blond hair and did a LOT of applications. But it still wouldn't have that cherry quality to it.

You might get a tone close to it with a vegetable dye like Manic Panic or Special Effects, though.

Gladtobemom
June 3rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
I think a brilliant copper red and a brilliant cherry red. Wow, definitely showstoppers.

That first one would be stunning with autumn skin tones and forest dragon green http://dragcave.net/image/nt20.gif It really looks like a color of a forest fairy's hair.

That second one is more mermaid-siren like. I think it would be fantastic on a winter with fair skin of either type, though I think it would work best on a summer or spring, I think it would be especially stunning on someone that likes to wear a creamy winter white.

QueenJoey
June 3rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
If that were lipstick, it would probably be described as TRUE red. it's beautiful

Qwackie
June 3rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
I wish my hair were that second one. It's pretty.
Hm, for the first, auburn, the second more of a fire engine red.

slz
June 3rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Let me think ..... ummmm .... Photoshop red :D.

littlenvy
June 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Fiery red? Red with a dusting of burnt amber?

Whatever the name is, its a lovely colour.

RitaPG
June 3rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
I call that photoshop red.
I've had several shades of red hair for years, and while some reds are pretty vibrant, that second picture is very messed up. It's not real.
I'm sure you could achieve this with henna but your hair would have to be pretty light to get such a vibrant color. Darker shades of brown will probably not look like that.
As for the colors, I'm not sure what kind of red they are either.

Tabi
June 3rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Thank you all so much for your help i think I will eventally take a photo(the first one)to my hairstylist but before that a few more questions.What is Manic Panic and special effects and where can I find them ?Also how long do I have to wait after a henna aplication to dye my hair?
Thank you all in advance for your help.

RitaPG
June 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Those are vegetable hair dyes, semi-permanent (meaning they eventually wash out), they have some crazy colors like blue and green, but they also have some awesome shades of red.
You should actually consider dying your hair with Manic Panic or Special effects before trying to use henna, since henna is really permanent, and if you decide you don't like or don't want to have red hair anymore, you have to grow it out or cut it.

snakewitch
June 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Cherry red. It's so beautiful! But yeah, it's photoshopped.

katsrevenge
June 3rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
Very photoshopped colors.... but that first one... Lovely! I wish you luck in getting it!

akuamoonmaui
June 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
The first one I would call 'Titan' Red.

The second one is "holy @#%#" red (in a good way). Wow. To have hair and skin like that...

I don't think you could get either color with henna, although maybe if you could lighten your hair first, but maintenance would be a bugger.

McFearless
June 4th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I've seen the words tomato red used to decribe that colour. I think you can get a slightly less brilliant hue from henna if your hair is naturally blonde or light brown.