PDA

View Full Version : A different approach

motormuffin
June 2nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
No shampoo, no conditioner...
I have such good luck with this no soap 'soap' that I use on my face and body I decided to use it on my hair. It has a 4.5 ph. I've been doing this for the last couple weeks, going on a month. I use it on my scalp and the length, leave it on and wash all of me. I use some acv in a squirt bottle straight and give my hair a couple squirts after I've rinsed out the soap. I put a couple drops of argan on the length when I get out and my hair is still wet. I let it air dry but blow dry my bangs. It's kinda poofy when it drys but I braid it at night and add a drop of argan to the tassle...the next day is fantastic and shiny and smooth. I wash twice a week.
Here is the soap...http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Plus-Natural-Beauty-Cleansing/dp/B00014EKJC

HairFaerie
June 2nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
That's cool that you found something that works well for you! :)

Anje
June 2nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Interesting, but glad you've got something that's working well for you. (I've got a moisturizing body wash that makes a fairly fantastic shampoo, myself. But CO is simpler and doesn't start my scalp in a reactive-greasing cycle.)

Any chance there's an ingredients list on the box? I can't seen to dig one up online.

ravenreed
June 2nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
It has allantoin in it, that was all I could figure out.

littlenvy
June 2nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Interesting.
Thank you for letting us know about it. Even if I don't use it on my hair I might try it on my body. Looks very beneficial :)

curlymarcia
June 2nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Does it makes your hair tangle more??? I'm prone to tangles and I'm afraid of trying things that could make it worse.

Anje
June 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
It has allantoin in it, that was all I could figure out.
Yeah, but so does BodyGlide, and I wouldn't wash with that. :D

I wish all products everywhere would give complete disclosure of what they put in it. Food too (they're supposed to, but I see so many with "spices" as an ingredient).