PDA

View Full Version : GARNIER FRUCTIS fortifying conditioner pure clean

Gingervitis
June 2nd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Hello everyone:) i just recently went out and bought this conditioner. I have been CO for about two months now and not only is it wonderful and brilliant but so easy for my hair...anyway the front of the bottle says no silicones, no parabens, no dyes. I checked the ingredients and didn't see any thing that looked like a cone except i wasn't sure of >octyldodecanol< is that a cone? And Im going to post the ingredients just in case i missed another:

aqua, cetearyl alcohol, distearoylethyl hydroxyethylmonium methosulfate, octyldodeconal, parfum, pyrus malus extract/apple fruit extract, zea Mays starch/corn starch, camelina sativa oil/camelina sativa seed oil, prunis armeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, glycine soja oil/ soybean oil, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, benzoic acid, niacinamide, pyridoxine hci, caprylic/capric triglyceride, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, citric acid, saccharum officinarum extract/sugar cane extract, extrait de canne a sucre, citrus medica limonum peel extract/ lemon peel extract, camellia sinensis extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, malpighia punicifolia/ acerola fruit extract.

^ Im pretty positive they are all spelled right...i typed them in by hand so please forgive me if there's an error:\

also i noticed a sulfate in there? Can anyone tell me why they are bad in conditioner? Is it the same reason as shampoo?

One more thing....how often should you cleanse your hair when youre CO?

Thank you so much for your time:)

Scarlet_Heart
June 2nd, 2011, 08:08 AM
I used that before. But I switched to something else because I found that it didn't get my scalp clean enough because my scalp was always oily a day after. That could be because I had just transitioned to CO not too long prior.

Kaijah
June 2nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Octyldodecanol isn't a cone, it's a long chain fatty acid (like stearyl alcohol).

The distearoylethyl hydroxyethylmonium methosulfate isn't the same thing as the sulfates most people avoid (those being sodium lauryl sulfate/ammonium lauryl sulfate), which are avoided in the odd conditioner for the same reasons as the shampoos that have them. The DHMethosulfate is an ingredient used for conditioning hair and reducing static.

There was a thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=63958) a couple weeks ago if you wanna look at other's experiences with the Pure Clean too. :)

How often you should cleanse is up to your personal preferences. I like to cowash every day, maybe every other day, but I've always liked washing frequently because I have a very active job in a rather hot environment. Some people only cowash once a week.