PDA

View Full Version : I deeped conditioned yesterday and my hair feels really greasy?

starbucksaddict
June 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM
So yesterday i deep conditioned with coconut oil and evoo, and then followed up with a clarifying shampoo. Today, my hair feels really greasy and i dont know what i should do? should i re wash or wait one more day and do my normal co washing?:confused:

Alvrodul
June 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
It is often easier to get oil out with CO washing (conditioner only) rather than shampoo. Or it might be the evoo. I have tried evoo on my hair a few times, and have a h*ll of a time getting it out again.
If you don't get the oil out with COwashing or CWC, I suggest you might try another oil.

jojo
June 1st, 2011, 04:07 PM
agreed with the above poster, just add the conditioner no water and massage in. Leavefor 5 minutes and rinse. hope it works as well for you x

selderon
June 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM
I haven't tried coconut oil yet, but I often do a pre-wash EVOO oiling. I find that my ends sometimes end up too oily. When that happens, I just go back over the area in question with diluted shampoo. If you're NOT using diluted shampoo, that could be part of the trouble. I find it's easier to distribute the shampoo appropriately if it is mixed 1:5 or 1:7 with water.

Carolyn
June 1st, 2011, 04:33 PM
I've had excellent luck getting any oil, including coconut oil and EVOO out with a CO wash. I like to do a long CO soak with a ton of cheapie conditioner, then "lather" it up with some water, rinse, and do a final conditioning with another conditioner. I get soft, well moisturized, silky hair. It works better than using shampoo for me.

jojo
June 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
I also tend to think that shampoo's just undo the good the oil has done.

pepperminttea
June 1st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Do you use 'cones? I find deep conditioning treatments work better on 'cone-free hair - with 'cones they just sit on the surface like build-up for me. Incidentally though, even after a clarifying shampoo, I do find a deep oiling leaves my hair that bit softer. For me, the shampoo doesn't reverse the oil's good work.

starbucksaddict
June 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM
thanks everyone:) ill co wash and see how that goes

cygus
June 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I agree with Carolyn. CO gets out an oiling (of any type) much better for me than shampoo. apply a lot of cheapy conditioner to the hair (i do both wet and dry) until all hair is coated. after 5-10 mins (some do longer, but i don't) lather up with some water added to the head and hair, as you would with a normal CO wash. works beautifully!