PDA

View Full Version : Name Your Fave Frizz Eliminator product!

xovictoryxo
June 1st, 2011, 08:00 AM
Share your favorite product that eliminates frizz! Whether its natural ingredients, an oil, or full of cones...

I really love BioSilk- a bit too expensive however.
I am currently having great results with Garnier Anti-Frizz Serum
Moroccan oil is also fabulous, I have sampled it, I would love to get my hands on a big bottle
Carols Daughter Hair Milk- makes me a little greasy but works fabulous for my daughters tightly curled hair~!

Its that time of year again for me, where the humidity makes my hair look like a frizzball!! :( I am open to try new things.

Gnomentum
June 1st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Well, I used to use aloe vera gel on my roots and coconut oil on my length and ends - until Theobroma told me she'd had great success mixing the two and applying it all over. Which works better than ANYTHING I've ever tried!

Silverdragn7385
June 1st, 2011, 10:27 AM
I love Victoria's Secret So Sexy hair serum...mostly because of the scent! Everything I've tried always works/works just about the same in my hair, so I don't have a particular favorite.

yogachic
June 6th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Bumping this, I want to know if any of the current humidity products like Target or Walmart work good. 2 years ago after I cut my waist length hair off to shoulder, I seen products for humity at Target. I have been getting the urge to cut my now, again, waist length hair. It's so dry and frizzy in this humidity. I used to like Aloe and Coconut oil, but that's when I didn't want to use cones. I don't care now, cone's make it look better, smoother.

lapushka
June 6th, 2011, 04:15 PM
- Putting a little conditioner back in after rinsing (on soaking wet hair).
- Conditioners with protein --> seems to be the answer for my F hair.
- Leave-in conditioner
- Gel without alcohol (LA Looks Curl gel, IC Fantasia gel)
- Serum (any one by IC Fantasia, or Chi Silk Infusion)

Athena's Owl
June 6th, 2011, 06:10 PM
weatherunderground.com

I have my city as a toolbar shortcut. one click and I know the dew point. the dew point tells me which products to use and which to avoid. On low humidity days, I go with emollients, on sweet spot days, I use humectants, and on high humidity days, GEL GEL GEL.

Delila
June 6th, 2011, 07:49 PM
weatherunderground.com

I have my city as a toolbar shortcut. one click and I know the dew point. the dew point tells me which products to use and which to avoid. On low humidity days, I go with emollients, on sweet spot days, I use humectants, and on high humidity days, GEL GEL GEL.

So cool!

I'm thinking that humidity where I live is only low at midwinter, but I've got my city bookmarked now, so I'll track it, just out of curiosity.

As for me, product-wise, I'm a fan of George Michael/Madora's styling products. Most of the time I just wear some InStar body building spray, but I do also wear the Frizz Away and the Styling Gel, depending on my moods. (and if I start tracking the dewpoint, maybe I'll figure out which work for which conditions. :) )

Animae
June 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Nightblooming's Panacea. I love love love love it. I also have a spray bottle with Aloe, panacea and water. It's amazing.

yogachic
June 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I applied Glycerin and coconut oil today, its hot and humid here today, and worked like a charm. Back to the coconut oil for me. I haven't used it in a year. Maybe I won't need to go buy a product.:D

Athena's Owl
June 7th, 2011, 01:21 AM
something to keep in mind is that you might need to rotate your products by season, if you have seasons. This is what dew point is all about. What works for you in the low dew point days of winter might not work in the high dew point days of summer.

So it's a good idea to record your product results, and note the DATE. if something suddenly stopped working even though it was great a few months before, maybe it's not the product, but the season.

julliams
June 7th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Nightbloomings panacea works great for me when applied to dry hair. Also Giovanni Direct leave in is great for my hair and I apply this one when it is wet.

Scarlet_Heart
June 7th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Camelia oil on my damaged ends after a shower makes them feel :cloud9:

|Xei
June 7th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Camellia oil has been doing a great job of fighting the frizz for me all year long. Phyto 9 has been working great as well, though I only started using it this year, so I wonder how it'll work out for the rest of the year.

I noticed that when I use my Chi Silk Infusion for heat styling, my hair becomes absolutely frizz-less. It's a little too much though, for daily use, since my fine hair loses volume really easily. Plus, I'm cone-free, so I don't want to be using a silicone serum regularly.

proo
June 7th, 2011, 06:58 PM
My own sebum

turtlelover
June 7th, 2011, 08:55 PM
The tiniest bit of coconut oil works well for me :-)

xovictoryxo
June 7th, 2011, 10:17 PM
i need to get some panacea

CurlyNaomi
June 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Curl keeper, strong hold gels, Garnier pure clean gel and sealing with oil.