PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this waist length? Seriously.

Zesty
May 31st, 2011, 04:40 PM
I've started taking length pictures and it was driving me crazy trying to decide if I'm waist or just almost waist. I couldn't tell where the smallest part of me even was with a shirt on so I took some without, doing my best to look straight ahead and keep my shoulders straight, etc. And it looks like the ends hit about where I'm smallest. But I still can't tell. :shrug: I don't want to claim waist if I'm not there yet, so as much as I've tried to avoid making this thread, I thought I would ask for second opinions. Maybe advice I get will help me decide for myself in the future! :p

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n120/Paisley_Love/5-31-11.jpg

Mesmerise
May 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM
It looks to me as if you are really, really close to waist but just not quite there yet! Maybe it's because of the way I see waist though?!

Lux88
May 31st, 2011, 04:50 PM
No, I think you're a couple inches off. Sorry! Really close thou :)

christine1989
May 31st, 2011, 04:54 PM
It looks like the longest chunk of hair is just barely brushing waist :). For a good, solid waist I think another 1-1.5 inches will do it.

Zesty
May 31st, 2011, 04:58 PM
It looks like the longest chunk of hair is just barely brushing waist :). For a good, solid waist I think another 1-1.5 inches will do it.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Alright then, I'm pleased enough with almost waist. :) I'm surprised at any length I have at all, really, since I basically ignored my hair until it got this long. And this gives me something to look forward to in the not-so-distant future! :D

In2wishin
May 31st, 2011, 05:12 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Alright then, I'm pleased enough with almost waist. :) I'm surprised at any length I have at all, really, since I basically ignored my hair until it got this long. And this gives me something to look forward to in the not-so-distant future! :D

Sometimes the ignoring is the best thing you can do for your hair :) I find that mine grows well under benign neglect.

Atira
May 31st, 2011, 05:16 PM
About .5 inches to waist I think.

battles
May 31st, 2011, 05:24 PM
Not quite waist! Maybe another inch or two.

mrs carol
May 31st, 2011, 06:17 PM
Almost there, an other half inch or so.

jaine
May 31st, 2011, 06:24 PM
My thought is - if you have to ask then you're not quite there yet!
But very close and it looks lovely!

sun-kissed
May 31st, 2011, 07:05 PM
Not quite, but so close!

growingpains
May 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
I find it helps to put a belt around the smallest part of my waist to help me tell.

I think *technically* the longest pieces are *just* brushing waist, but to honestly *look* waist length it needs another inch.

Nice growing! Jealous!

HintOfMint
May 31st, 2011, 07:16 PM
About one and a half to two inches and you'll solidly be there. Patience! Getting past the BSL to waist abyss is one of the most frustrating stages.

Venefica
May 31st, 2011, 07:40 PM
Your hair is very pretty. You are not quite at waist yet, your waist is where your body slims in, if you look at your upper body like a figure eight then your waist would be the center between the two spheres. You are a few inches away from waist but you are really close.

sweetestpoison
May 31st, 2011, 07:46 PM
Looks like you are about an inch off but your hair looks great and healthy and i think that's the most important part! You're so close! It'll be there before you realize :o

Zesty
May 31st, 2011, 08:01 PM
Your hair is very pretty. You are not quite at waist yet, your waist is where your body slims in, if you look at your upper body like a figure eight then your waist would be the center between the two spheres. You are a few inches away from waist but you are really close.
That is the best way I've heard so far to conceptualize it. :) I hadn't found anything like this, only pictures (and everyone's body is so different!) and that's mostly what led to the confusion. (On that note, if anyone has any advice for judging hip, I'd be curious to hear, because I never figured out if it's the top of your hipbones, or another location.)

And thank you and sweetestpoison for the compliments. :p

Kherome
May 31st, 2011, 08:21 PM
1.5 inches to go at least

alyanna
May 31st, 2011, 09:06 PM
Very pretty hair and you're ALMOST there. Give it a couple of months and you'll be a solid waist.

Happy Growing :cheer:

Kathie
May 31st, 2011, 09:33 PM
Contrats on the awesome hair though!!

Debra83
May 31st, 2011, 10:03 PM
Really close!!!! Way to go!!!! That's actually my primary goal!!!

Fufu
June 1st, 2011, 12:29 AM
Super close, I do see some longer layers brushing at waist already. :)

kelly-j
June 1st, 2011, 12:35 AM
You´re getting close but I think you´ve got 1 or maybe 2 inches left.

Yozhik
June 1st, 2011, 01:28 AM
Very pretty!

I'd give it another 1.5-2 inches, but you're definitely in the "can I call this waist" category. ;)

I've heard some people use their elbows as more reliable measures of waist, but on your body I think elbow-length would be well beyond waist. :)

As for judging hip, I think the standard is where your hipbones jut out, but since we measure from the back, you have to visualize where that would be on your back.

jojo
June 1st, 2011, 02:22 AM
Id say another 2" and your there!

Dragon
June 1st, 2011, 03:00 AM
Almost. I think about half an inch for your longest strands and about 1.5 to 2 inches to solid waist.

Scarlet_Heart
June 1st, 2011, 03:59 AM
Ugh, you are so close! I know this feeling very well. I just got to waist and for a few months prior to getting there, I was like "Am I at waist? I'm totally calling this waist. I think I'm there; no I'm not quite there." After being stuck in the midback abyss for so long, it's very frustrating to just teeter at the edge. Haha.

It won't be long now, though! Hang in there; you're almost there! :cheer:

cygus
June 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
aaaaaalmost there, just another 1-2 inches and you're there. looks great as it is though!

bunzfan
June 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I'm in the same boat as you, i have at least another two inches to go and i would say your the same. Your be there before you know it if you ignore it for a bit:)

curlymarcia
June 16th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Wow, it looks like 1 or 1.5 inch away from waist. You will be at waist very soon. Your hair already looks lovely :)

lilalong
June 16th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Actually, to me it looks waist.

QueenJoey
June 16th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Give it another month or so, you'll be there soon!