PDA

View Full Version : Black tea for darken my hair

pop
May 31st, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hello guys...so..I was wondering..I have two tone hair that I hate (Its been 2 years now without dyeing my hair) and I hear recently that I can dye natural my hair with black tea? Do you know anything about this? Does anyone try it?

pop
May 31st, 2011, 03:40 PM
I also read that for blondes is chamomile tea

Seharia
May 31st, 2011, 04:45 PM
I tried black tea a couple times and it didn't do anything on my hair. Of course that means nothing as to what it will do to your hair. Many people have had success with honey lightening done over a long period of time -see the honey lightening thread-
What color is your hair? If it is blond or very light brown then it is more likely to show color from tea.
As for black tea I remember reading a thread where some people said it makes their hair more red rather than darker.
Of course it is always important to remember that natural hair dyes (excluding henna and indigo) will probably not change your hair color in one shot if at all.

Good Luck:)

pop
June 1st, 2011, 02:19 AM
I have dark brown hair almost touching bsl, and from my ears and down-not all my hair but some of them-are an unexplained redish colour from my dyes of the past. Because I havent dye my hair for almost 2 years Im tryuing to find something to cover the old dye..but I cant find anything. I try also laurel oil because someone told me that darken hair but nothing happens..

DoubleCrowned
June 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
Tea colors light hair to a reddish brown, so I doubt that it is what you want. Also, shampoo removes it. I think you would have better luck with strong coffee of you want to get rid of red tones. Sage will also color the hair: from what I have seen it is more of a slate color.