PDA

View Full Version : A Weekend for Hair Compliments

Quixii
May 30th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I got several compliments this weekend. Part of it being because I went to BayCon, the local sci-fi convention, and part of it just because. As a side-note, I typically wear my hair in a ponytail, and was this weekend.
I understand this may be a bit of a braggy post, but I know we all appreciate a good long-hair compliment. :) Feel free to share your own recent compliments.

First on Friday. I arrive at BayCon, and within the first half-hour, someone behind me says as soon as I turn around, "I love your hair!" :D I leave the convention and come back, and within the first half hour of my return, someone makes almost the same comment.
Saturday, I started off the day with work. (I teach 3-5 year olds gymnastics.) In my four-year old class, there's this one girl whom I've often caught her playing with or looking at my hair. This time, she suddenly turned to me and said, "I don't ever ever want you to cut your hair because it's beautiful." :) I was flattered, of course.
Sunday, back to Baycon. Towards the end of the day, I'm washing my hands in the bathroom, and this other lady washing her hands tells me that I have glorious hair. She tells me a little bit about her hair story (she got it caught in a paper shredder back when it was long, poor thing), and then as I go to leave, she again compliments my hair, and another lady going to wash her hands agrees with her, complimenting my hair again.
Then conclude with today. I was over at DBF's house, and his mother (again :) ) told me how beautiful my hair is. I went to brush it out (which I do before some styles and such), and she got really excited and asked if she could see it when I was done. When I showed her, she appreciated it and made me show her SO and DBF. :)

So yes, a very good weekend for my hair. I think my hair likes the attention, too; it looks lovely tonight. :D

HairFaerie
May 30th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Very cool to hear about compliments! I know there are threads about mean/strange/subtle insults, etc. so it is very cool to hear that people can be positive and complimentary too!

I know my hair is still very short, but at my family's picnic on Sunday, one of my sisters said "Wow! Your hair sure grows fast!" (Last time she saw me was at pixie length.) That wasn't a direct compliment per se, but it was still nice to hear!

Thanks for sharing! :)

monsterna
May 30th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Visiting family who live about 1,300 miles away this weekend. They kept saying how long it's gotten and I must be doing something right. Granted they haven't seen me in a year and a half since my asymmetrical bob, but it's still nice. :)

Kristin
May 30th, 2011, 09:09 PM
My sister was braiding my hair yesterday and my aunt picked up the length and said to another family member, "Feel this! Just feel this! Doesn't she have the thickest hair!?". :)

It was especially nice since my sister is always complaining about my hair and hair goals. ("That's too long! It will look like a hair cloak!"; "Your hair tangles so easily!"; etc...)

Sundial
May 30th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Those compliments were well-deserved Quixii! You have such beautiful curls :thumbsup:

racrane
May 30th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Those compliments really were well deserved. Your hair is lovely. Personally, getting a hair compliment is the best compliment I receive from strangers. Not sure why, but it makes me happy, so I completely understand. :)

Phexlyn
May 31st, 2011, 06:39 AM
Yay for that bunch of compliments! :flower:

Isn't it strange that sometimes we don't get any positive feedback for such a long time and suddenly everyone seems to compliment us? I always wondered why that happens.

Theobroma
May 31st, 2011, 06:53 AM
What a lovely series of compliments!

Annibelle
May 31st, 2011, 06:55 AM
Those compliments really were well deserved. Your hair is lovely. Personally, getting a hair compliment is the best compliment I receive from strangers. Not sure why, but it makes me happy, so I completely understand. :)

I think the reason hair compliments mean more is because they're sort of different from anything else: they aren't a body compliment ("I love your nose!") because it's something you work for, but they aren't a clothing compliment because the hair IS part of your body... it's a strange middle!

The only compliment I can think of was from a college classmate. She was talking about cutting her hair and I commented that her hair is really pretty. (It is! And she did end up cutting it, but I swear, she looks AMAZING with short hair; her styles are always ultra feminine, no matter how short they are.) Somehow it got to me and I mentioned that I hadn't cut my hair in years. She then said that my hair looks "like a freakin' mermaid's!" I love mermaids, so I definitely took that as a compliment. ;)

okiesarah
May 31st, 2011, 09:32 AM
I got a leather hair wrap thing at the Ren Faire the other day. When the guy was putting it in for me he told me that it looked like I took really good care of my hair. Well, he may have just said that because it's his job to flatter people, but it felt good anyway, even though I've only started to take better care of for the past few months from when I found this site and I know it can't be too much better off from before yet. :)

Amraann
May 31st, 2011, 10:20 AM
Its so nice to read of all of the hair compliments!

About a week and half ago I had a meeting for my Autistic son in Miami. I had not seen one of the woman in about 2 years.
She had walked behind me and Yelled! Stacey!! It kind of startled me.. I was like "what?"
YOUR HAIR HAS GOTTEN SOOOO LONG!!! HOW PRETTY!

She then went on to ask me how I grew it so long. I explained that I had not cut it since I had last seen her. (Except for S&D and maybe a micro trim)

strangemeow
May 31st, 2011, 10:38 AM
i dont really get compliments, but i wish i would! haha, i do from the guy i see, he really likes it, but most other times its people trying to tell me how good i would look with a bob or another short hairstyle(mostly my mom and a coworker who doesnt like me). wont happen though i love it long! if i saw hair as pretty as quixiis i would have a very hard time NOT complimenting it :)